Should the U.S. be

View Poll Results: Should the U.S. be in...

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it was justified going into Afghanisatan

    16 42.11%
  • Yes we should still be in Afghanistan

    6 15.79%
  • No we should have not gone into Afghanistan

    2 5.26%
  • Yes Afghan was justified but should not still be there

    23 60.53%
  • Yes it was justified going into Iraq

    12 31.58%
  • Yes we should still be in Iraq

    5 13.16%
  • No we should not have gone into Iraq

    11 28.95%
  • Yes Iraq was justified but we should not still be there

    18 47.37%
  • Yes we should have gone into Libya

    8 21.05%
  • No we should not have gone into Libya

    26 68.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 27

Thread:
Should the U.S. be

  1. #1
    Jackwagon Patrolman Rexone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Earth
    Posts
    11,644
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default Should the U.S. be

    Should the U.S. be in these wars? I'm curious on everyone's thoughts on why, yes or no.

    Secondly, do you find it troubling or at least inequitable that we enter into a conflict within Libya, when historically we have ignored mass slaughter's of people in many other countries. Rwanda, Sudan, Mynamar, Congo, ... just a few recent of I'm sure many many more?

    This is a multiple choice private poll. Vote for as many options as you agree with.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member GRoper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,021

    Default

    We should be in Afghanistan until that evil s.o.b. is drawn and quartered. Just take the handcuffs off our boys and let them do what they are capable of and it will be over in a month or 2.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GRoper View Post
    We should be in Afghanistan until that evil s.o.b. is drawn and quartered. Just take the handcuffs off our boys and let them do what they are capable of and it will be over in a month or 2.

    We've been looking for him for ten years! We have offered 25 million dead or alive finders fee! Our technology can count the hairs on a frogs ass! No radio / phone transmisson can be made without our listening to it! Still no results? Maybe the powers that run our nation need the bogeyman around to keep the sheep scared and mad ???

  5. #4
    Senior Member SoldHondaBoughtHondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lake Havasu az.
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    We've been looking for him for ten years! We have offered 25 million dead or alive finders fee! Our technology can count the hairs on a frogs ass! No radio / phone transmisson can be made without our listening to it! Still no results? Maybe the powers that run our nation need the bogeyman around to keep the sheep scared and mad ???
    Yep, 10 years......the problem is we are playing his game in his world..He could be anywhere...hiding under a rock somewhere and without somebody ratting on him, he won't be found using present methods..Kinda odd...we spend so much effort trying to find him and yet quadaffi is still free and he has the money to make another terrorist act happen and bin laden can't do much of anything......and he doesn't need to...it's the people who think like he does who are the problem...and they are everywhere.
    We are in a war that can't be won... If bin laden was dead tomorrow what did we win? What would change? Would terrorism just go away?
    Libya....that's our game...stand back and lob bombs at him...help the people who want him gone, to help themselves...let them do the dirty work...
    "A liberal paradise would be a place where everybody has
    guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free
    education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free
    utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or
    not, such a place does, indeed, exist: It's called prison."

    Sheriff Joe Arpaio
    Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

  6. #5
    Temporarily Pacified! donzi5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    AFGHAN: Yes, we should have gone in a cleared the deck, hard and fierce. PC wars equal long and drawn out wars......with our technology and superiority we should have been done with the job 10 years ago and sat back and trained troops to help them.

    IRAQ: Long supporter of getting this SOB out. He DID have WMD's. He was a threat to his neighbors and our allies and proved he would attack with our provocation, remember Kuwait? He slaughtered millions of his own people using said WMD's. He said himself he was actively pursuing Nuke technology for the purpose of building bombs. He also violated the cease fire at least 13 times, firing on me and my troops several times, which was 13 acts of defiance and acts of war. We could have been out a long time ago. See Afghan for reason.

    Libya: We should have taken him out in 86/87. When the first attempt failed, we were sent to Spain to prepare for a follow up attack, no this mission never made the papers due to being cancelled due to diplomatic reasons. He has been laughing at us for 25 years plus and has made the US look bad. When the Muslims were asking for us a month ago to help, that was a huge cry for US by a perceived enemy, and we should have acted taking the lead and letting others follow. Since we don't have a leader, we failed and thousands have been slaughtered while someone golf’s and vacations safely in South America. PATHETIC.

    My experience in the Middle East is that the regular Joe, the majority of these people, wants our help for freedom from these regimes, US missed a great opportunity with Muslims begging us for help in IRAN and Libya and no help from our Muslim President.

    "On every question of construction (of the Constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invent against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
    Thomas Jefferson letter to Justice William Johnson, June 12, 1823

  7. #6
    Senior Member SBjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vero Beach, FL
    Posts
    4,020

    Default

    10 yrs. is enough, the Afghans need to be put on a budget.
    Fock the Iraqis, let them kill each other.
    Now the muslims want help in Libya? Fock em, the cost is $10 billion a month, cash up front.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brown View Post
    I'm still chuckling at being "poo-pooed" for straying off topic. Awesome.

  8. #7
    Senior Member GRoper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    We've been looking for him for ten years! We have offered 25 million dead or alive finders fee! Our technology can count the hairs on a frogs ass! No radio / phone transmisson can be made without our listening to it! Still no results? Maybe the powers that run our nation need the bogeyman around to keep the sheep scared and mad ???
    This is the first time in that 25 years that we have actually had our military might on the ground and on the case. Just so happens he's in a country that wont cooperated in letting our guys in and isn't I.terested in sending their own military after him.

    Unless of course you are from the camp of "there is no such thing as al-qaida" and if that's the case then we have a whole new set of issues to discuss.

  9. #8
    Jackwagon Patrolman Rexone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Earth
    Posts
    11,644
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default

    I find it interesting no comments on the second part of my question.

    Now that Syria and Yemen are joining in the internal unrest climate in the news today, I wonder if the world will show concern when the killing starts and intervene with military action like Libya or if this is just about Gadaffi? I further wonder if the rebels in those countries are banking on it.

    I realize Gadaffi shot the Lockerbie plane down and I'd have made sure he was dead then. But this is now. What are the civilian death requirements for the western world to show concern or take action?

  10. #9
    Temporarily Pacified! donzi5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    I find it interesting no comments on the second part of my question.

    Now that Syria and Yemen are joining in the internal unrest climate in the news today, I wonder if the world will show concern when the killing starts and intervene with military action like Libya or if this is just about Gadaffi? I further wonder if the rebels in those countries are banking on it.

    I realize Gadaffi shot the Lockerbie plane down and I'd have made sure he was dead then. But this is now. What are the civilian death requirements for the western world to show concern or take action?
    You are probably feeling my frustration on wanting things to work out, historically has things just ever worked out? It has taken decisive action to change things. America's hands off policy till the absolute last resort as well as the worlds are why these problems get worse. Look at Somalia for example....we were there, Clinton pulled out like a coward and ran.....100,000+ are estimated to have been slaughtered after we left.......now look, even worse. Libya.....what is we had launched that second mission I was a part of and had taken him out? Possibly no Lockerbie, WMD program, supporting of Terrorists, etc. Easy fix early on but long term problems after.....I agree if we are going to act it should not be selective, but it should be swift and deliberate.

    "On every question of construction (of the Constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invent against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
    Thomas Jefferson letter to Justice William Johnson, June 12, 1823

  11. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    To answer your second question Rex, I do not find that going into Libya but not the other countries you mentioned as distressing, but inconsistent with the idea that we are trying to rescue the opressed and spread democracy. I can not say whether going into Libya is right or wrong as I don't have all the facts. I do have reservations about the US invading any soveriegn nation under the guise of spreading democracy or saving the opressed because I do not think we need to be the world's policeman because of the enormous amount of economic strain it places on our country. I guess you could say I support to some extent an isolationist agenda for our nation.

    I do think going into Iraq was wrong for the simple fact that the US administration at the time of invasion was looking for any reason to invade Iraq and finally settled on the idea that Iraq was manufacturing and stockpiling large quatities of WMDs. The problem as I see it is that the sources where the government got their information confirming that Iraq had large quantites of WMDs was highly questionable at best, yet that did not deter the previous administartion from their agenda. History has since shown since that Iraq did not have these enormous stockpiles of WMDs, was not trying to manufacture them, and was not really a threat to anyone. I can not think that our intelligence agencies did not have some idea that the sources claiming Iraq had WMDs were not accurate, but the previous administartion was hell bent on invasion, and it leads me to question what their real motiveation may have been. Unfortunately, we will probably never know, yet we will surely continue to speculate.

  12. #11
    Temporarily Pacified! donzi5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    To answer your second question Rex, I do not find that going into Libya but not the other countries you mentioned as distressing, but inconsistent with the idea that we are trying to rescue the opressed and spread democracy. I can not say whether going into Libya is right or wrong as I don't have all the facts. I do have reservations about the US invading any soveriegn nation under the guise of spreading democracy or saving the opressed because I do not think we need to be the world's policeman because of the enormous amount of economic strain it places on our country. I guess you could say I support to some extent an isolationist agenda for our nation.

    I do think going into Iraq was wrong for the simple fact that the US administration at the time of invasion was looking for any reason to invade Iraq and finally settled on the idea that Iraq was manufacturing and stockpiling large quatities of WMDs. The problem as I see it is that the sources where the government got their information confirming that Iraq had large quantites of WMDs was highly questionable at best, yet that did not deter the previous administartion from their agenda. History has since shown since that Iraq did not have these enormous stockpiles of WMDs, was not trying to manufacture them, and was not really a threat to anyone. I can not think that our intelligence agencies did not have some idea that the sources claiming Iraq had WMDs were not accurate, but the previous administartion was hell bent on invasion, and it leads me to question what their real motiveation may have been. Unfortunately, we will probably never know, yet we will surely continue to speculate.
    Amazing how people who have never served can analyze the military and intelligence community.......it just does not work!

    "On every question of construction (of the Constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invent against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
    Thomas Jefferson letter to Justice William Johnson, June 12, 1823

  13. #12
    Senior Member Havasu1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Yorba Linda & Lake Havasu
    Posts
    6,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donzi5150 View Post
    Amazing how people who have never served can analyze the military and intelligence community.......it just does not work!
    I didn't see in the poll or Rexs post #8 where it said only retired military were allowed to reply.

  14. #13
    "Mad" Member Jet Mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    769

    Default

    I will comment on the Libya story.

    This is my personal view and probably because it is happening on my doorstep.

    The US, Britain and France should have let the focknuts sort themselves out. Why are they in Libya - Oil - protecting OPEC and not the local inhabitant's.

    Why aren't they bombing Mugabe in Zimbabwe - no Oil - but they are the worst human rights violators on the planet.

    Every time the UN kicks somebodies butt in Africa the poor shits have only one place to go and that is South,to my fricking country.

    We have a theory that the only way 1st world countries can stimulate their economies is by going to war, the middle east is shot to sh#t, they won't take on China, Russia etc, so what is left - Africa - they must leave Africa alone to sort out it own problems.

    Things here are done differently then in Europe and America, some of the people here are still living in the bush, and most of them don't even know there are a France and Britain, UN fighting for there rights.

    Wikus


    Titan H2O Submersible Android Phone

  15. #14
    Temporarily Pacified! donzi5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu1986 View Post
    I didn't see in the poll or Rexs post #8 where it said only retired military were allowed to reply.
    Is that what I said? Or am I referring to analysis that is factually wrong (almost always) and based on a slanted view of military and intelligence protocol?

    "On every question of construction (of the Constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invent against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
    Thomas Jefferson letter to Justice William Johnson, June 12, 1823

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95