Drill Baby Drill
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 102

Thread:
Drill Baby Drill

  1. #1
    Cas
    Cas is offline
    Angry American Cas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,103

    Default Drill Baby Drill

    Looks like the CIC has finally said he would back offshore drilling, too bad it's not for the US. So much for the Hypocrite in Chief saying he wants to reduce our dependency on foreign oil.

    This week President Obama eagerly announced his support for new offshore drilling.
    But for Brazil.
    Yes, you read that right. During a visit to Brazil, President Obama applauded Brazil’s decision to drill offshore for oil and gas, the very action that he and his administration have worked tirelessly to ban and restrict in the United States. The President also backed up his support with a promise of U.S. federal financing to help fund Brazil's drilling operations that will create thousands of new jobs in Brazil.
    President Obama said that he wants the United States to be one of Brazil's "best customers" when Brazil's new oil and gas supplies come online.
    Why does President Obama want to be one of Brazil's best customers of oil and gas when there are millions of Americans who would be eager to be the best customers of new supplies of oil and gas produced by workers in Louisiana, Alaska, and Virginia?
    Meanwhile, gasoline and diesel prices in the Untied States are skyrocketing. Rigs are leaving the Gulf of Mexico and signing contracts with other countries. President Obama's drilling moratorium last summer and the subsequent refusal to issue new drilling permits caused the loss of at least 20,000 jobs. And domestic production of oil will drop by 220,000 barrles per day in 2011.
    Will you help us send a message to Obama?
    Please forward this email to your friends and ask them to sign the "Drill Here. Drill Now. Pay Less." petition.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cas View Post
    Looks like the CIC has finally said he would back offshore drilling, too bad it's not for the US. So much for the Hypocrite in Chief saying he wants to reduce our dependency on foreign oil.
    How much more can we take from this clown??
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  4. #3
    Floatin dirty Lavey29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,831

    Default

    It is part of the socialist agenda and redistribution of wealth through the elimination of the middle class. He wants sky rocketing gas prices, never ending debt, everyone dependent on the government for everything, etc... By keeping domestic production non existent, we are totally dependent on oil imports and subject to volatile pricing. This further enhances his cap and trade bill objectives, forces people to move close to their job (if they have one) which may not be in the best part of town, forces all the taxes and associated costs such as those related to CARB upon us.

    When gas prices are low and the economy is functioning properly, people are much less dependent on the government which in no way adheres to the socialist priniciples O was educated with at an early age. His goal is the destruction of capitalism and the traditional American way of life which has sustained us since OUR Country was founded.

  5. #4
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lavey29 View Post
    It is part of the socialist agenda and redistribution of wealth through the elimination of the middle class. He wants sky rocketing gas prices, never ending debt, everyone dependent on the government for everything, etc... By keeping domestic production non existent, we are totally dependent on oil imports and subject to volatile pricing. This further enhances his cap and trade bill objectives, forces people to move close to their job (if they have one) which may not be in the best part of town, forces all the taxes and associated costs such as those related to CARB upon us.

    When gas prices are low and the economy is functioning properly, people are much less dependent on the government which in no way adheres to the socialist priniciples O was educated with at an early age. His goal is the destruction of capitalism and the traditional American way of life which has sustained us since OUR Country was founded.
    Plus, I have read that Soros has interests in Brazilian drilling?
    True or not, this is one area that Zombie is correct on. The financiers and bankers will make their money hand over fist at the expense of American workers and consumers.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  6. #5
    VOTE! RodnJen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    You mean he is pulling a "bush" a la 2008. Damn socialists can't even come up with their own ideas.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  7. #6
    Senior Member EVILFORCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,180

    Default

    This is old news. I forgot the exact amount of millions he gave a Brazilian Oil Co to develop off shore drilling. Soros just happens to own 51% of said company. Oh Ya. He was Husain's biggest campaign contributor as well. Funny how it is not good to drill off our shores but ok else where. AZZ HOLE. OH ya. When this was first published it was announced that China has arranged to buy all the oil they produce.
    No Fool Like A Old Fool is there?

  8. #7
    Cas
    Cas is offline
    Angry American Cas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RodnJen View Post
    You mean he is pulling a "bush" a la 2008. Damn socialists can't even come up with their own ideas.
    so you're saying that with Obama supporting and helping to finance Brazilians to do offshore drilling is Bush's fault?

    you're tight EF, this is news from awhile ago but it's back due to the recent trip to Brazil.

  9. #8
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cas View Post
    so you're saying that with Obama supporting and helping to finance Brazilians to do offshore drilling is Bush's fault?

    you're tight EF, this is news from awhile ago but it's back due to the recent trip to Brazil.
    O is just scouting for the best place to spend his exile in....setting up the money for later.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  10. #9
    Floatin dirty Lavey29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RodnJen View Post
    You mean he is pulling a "bush" a la 2008. Damn socialists can't even come up with their own ideas.

    Why don't you look at the full 8 years he was in office and especially at the $1.95 price when he left office and the clown posse took over? The spike in oil during Bush was from speculators manipulating the market price which is criminal if you ask me. The spike now if from O's direction that he his taking the Country, lack of domestic production, unrest in the middle east which O is now fully supporting and contributing to by sending OUR men and women into harms way when we should not even be involved. O wants $9 a gallon gas just like in Europe to help force his agenda further down our throats.

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lake Palestine Texas
    Posts
    26

    Default Petrobras awarded a permit in the Gulf of Mexico March 18 2011

    Petrobras gets permit for U.S. deep waters - UPI.com

    I don't know if this is good or bad.

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    257

  13. #12
    Senior Member steveone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yzman View Post
    Great, all you need is a rig to drill with.
    November 4 2008 "a date which will live in infamy". Jesus Saves





  14. #13
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveone View Post
    Great, all you need is a rig to drill with.
    Good luck.....
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Good luck.....
    Quote Originally Posted by steveone View Post
    Great, all you need is a rig to drill with.
    Pretty sure Exxon has enough money to aquire anything required.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95