Oil price solution?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 58

Thread:
Oil price solution?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newbury Park, Ca/Mohave Valley, Az
    Posts
    8,169

    Default Oil price solution?

    OK, I'm not all that up on the way the "future's" market works, but it sure seems it is the speculators that continue to drive the oil price up by "speculating".... So, how about an "executive order" by obama REQUIRING a 20%, NON refundable, deposit for all "future" oil speculations for the next 90/120 days?.... If you want to reserve oil at $120. per barrel for the end of April/May/June, put up the 20% in cash.... If oil truly goes over $120, a barrel you'll make out fine, if it doesn't, you'll lose your 20% deposit, or be forced to buy at $120., even if it's selling for $65.... If ever there was a reason for an executive order, the un necessary manipulation of oil prices sure seems like it would qualify.... Hell, base it on "National Security" reasons..... A move like that could possibly bring some sanity to the mid east as well....
    Ray
    LOUD BOATS SAVE LIVES

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Here is a solution, Kuwait and Iraq pay up for every penny we have spent in GW1 and GW2...

    Hows that??? WE apply it as a subsidy to all future oil purchases PRO RATIA on gas purchases, diesel, home heating oil starting in 2012 through 2022...

    THey can either pay in light sweet crude OR green backs...

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newbury Park, Ca/Mohave Valley, Az
    Posts
    8,169

    Default Domestic issue

    2MM, this is a domestic problem of greed at it's highest, or lowest, form. Sure, those countries should pony up what they owe us, but that won't fix the price at the pump as fast as a 20% executive order. If this were done ALL oil price manipulation would cease tomorrow and reality would return to the pump. It is apparent obama will do something to lower gas prices prior to the 2012 elections, why not NOW before our economy really goes down the drain......And it will, no doubt about the effect of $5.00 gas.....Also note, the "strategic Reserve" oil isn't even a pimple on the ass of consumption...
    Ray
    LOUD BOATS SAVE LIVES

  5. #4
    Senior Member steveone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Here is a solution, Kuwait and Iraq pay up for every penny we have spent in GW1 and GW2...

    Hows that??? WE apply it as a subsidy to all future oil purchases PRO RATIA on gas purchases, diesel, home heating oil starting in 2012 through 2022...

    THey can either pay in light sweet crude OR green backs...

    Kuwait and Saudi Arabia did pay us for GW1 ,Now Iraq needs to Pay up!
    November 4 2008 "a date which will live in infamy". Jesus Saves





  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveone View Post
    Kuwait and Saudi Arabia did pay us for GW1 ,Now Iraq needs to Pay up!
    If your neighbor came over and mowed your lawn without you asking, then demanded payment, would you pay him?

  7. #6
    Senior Member steveone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    If your neighbor came over and mowed your lawn without you asking, then demanded payment, would you pay him?
    How Exactly does your tiny mind ,form that conclusion?
    November 4 2008 "a date which will live in infamy". Jesus Saves





  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveone View Post
    How Exactly does your tiny mind ,form that conclusion?
    Iraq never asked us to invade them, we did it without their invitation, so why should they pay us?

  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moneypit View Post
    OK, I'm not all that up on the way the "future's" market works, but it sure seems it is the speculators that continue to drive the oil price up by "speculating".... So, how about an "executive order" by obama REQUIRING a 20%, NON refundable, deposit for all "future" oil speculations for the next 90/120 days?.... If you want to reserve oil at $120. per barrel for the end of April/May/June, put up the 20% in cash.... If oil truly goes over $120, a barrel you'll make out fine, if it doesn't, you'll lose your 20% deposit, or be forced to buy at $120., even if it's selling for $65.... If ever there was a reason for an executive order, the un necessary manipulation of oil prices sure seems like it would qualify.... Hell, base it on "National Security" reasons..... A move like that could possibly bring some sanity to the mid east as well....
    Ray

    Ray!! something must happen I continue to read articles we have plenty of oil and no worry of shortages in the future and this is all a false, man made price delima.There must be something done to curb their trading practices as it is really hurting the country and average working American and our effort to dig out of this disaster of economy. I for
    see nothing being done as the Lobby efforts make sure our Reps. will do what is right for themselves and not for us.

  10. #9
    Senior Member steveone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    Iraq never asked us to invade them, we did it without their invitation, so why should they pay us?
    It was a terror center,there was NO civilized government!
    November 4 2008 "a date which will live in infamy". Jesus Saves





  11. #10
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    What if this administration decided to approve every pending permit for the gulf? Nearly 100,000 people would go back to work and our foreign competitors would immediately step up production.
    Then we approve drilling in ANWAR and elsewhere within our jurisdictions as requested and seek opportunists willing to build more refineries here in the USA. People would go back to work across America and oil prices would drop like a rock at the first hint of this competition.

    If the current powers that be were supportive of America and it's people, this would have already happened. They have proven their agendas with moratoriums, application denials and Brazilian oil support.

    There are days I look back on this Kenyan's administration and ask myself, "If a mole were planted in the president's seat and given instructions to ruin America, would they have done a single thing differently?"
    The best things in life aren't things!

  12. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveone View Post
    It was a terror center,there was NO civilized government!
    A terror center? OK

  13. #12
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveone View Post
    It was a terror center,there was NO civilized government!
    Trying to explain the Iraq resolution to this troll is like explaining calculus to a palm tree.

    My nephews who have served multiple terms in Iraq have told me all I'll ever need to know about how the Iraqi people appreciate our intervention into their troubled country as they are thanked daily by the residents for their "New and Improved" country.
    The best things in life aren't things!

  14. #13
    Senior Member steveone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    A terror center? OK
    Are you capable of independent Thought??

    Here for starters.FDD: ALERT: Saddam
    November 4 2008 "a date which will live in infamy". Jesus Saves





  15. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Daytona View Post
    Ray!! something must happen I continue to read articles we have plenty of oil and no worry of shortages in the future and this is all a false, man made price delima.There must be something done to curb their trading practices as it is really hurting the country and average working American and our effort to dig out of this disaster of economy. I for
    see nothing being done as the Lobby efforts make sure our Reps. will do what is right for themselves and not for us.
    How about outlawing futures trading?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95