Libya vs Iraq See the difference??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 24

Thread:
Libya vs Iraq See the difference??

  1. #1
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default Libya vs Iraq See the difference??

    The best things in life aren't things!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Screamin SeaMonkees Schi-502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Vacaville, California
    Posts
    1,663

    Thumbs up My head is spinning...

    I've got classmates that think and talk like this. We are in our fifties for Christ's sake!

    Loose, the Dogs of War!

  4. #3
    Senior Member Uncle Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,989

    Default

    Fing hilarious Doc!!

    Also extremely factual. somebody did their homework on this one.


    Uncle Dave
    Last edited by Uncle Dave; 03-27-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: spelling

  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    That's funny, I don't agree with either action, however there are some differences between Iraq and Libya. At the time of invasion of Iraq, Sadaam was not massacring his people on a large scale like Gadaffi was doing. Sadaam had done it in the past to the Kurds, yet that was in the late 80s. Also, we are mainly providing air and naval power in Libya, where we were an invading army in Iraq. The main difference between the two is that we are not leading the charge in Libya, it's a NATO operation, and hopefully our involvement will be limited. Like I said, I can not support either action, however there is a difference between the two.
    Last edited by ram78d10; 03-27-2011 at 11:01 AM.

  6. #5
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    That's funny, I don't agree with either action, however there are some differences between Iraq and Libya. At the time of invasion of Iraq, Sadaam was not massacring his people on a large scale like Gadaffi was doing. Sadaam had done it in the past to the Kurds, yet that was in the late 80s. Also, we are mainly providing air and naval power in Libya, where we were an invading army in Iraq. The main difference between the two is that we are not leading the charge, It's a NATO operation, and hopefully our involvement will be limited. Like I said, I can not support either action, however there is a difference between the two.
    Although it is a NATO action we are the largest supporter in military and financing of the whole shabang. That is why I am against giving control of our forces to any other country. If another country was to be the largest contributor in troops, aircraft, artillary, and financing and we just had a small supporting role like the other countries do now, than I would have no problem with another country running the mission. But untill another country steps up and is the major contributor then we should run the show.

  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzMandella View Post
    Although it is a NATO action we are the largest supporter in military and financing of the whole shabang. That is why I am against giving control of our forces to any other country. If another country was to be the largest contributor in troops, aircraft, artillary, and financing and we just had a small supporting role like the other countries do now, than I would have no problem with another country running the mission. But untill another country steps up and is the major contributor then we should run the show.
    From what I have read we were the largest contributor in the beginning because our capability to take out air defense systems is second to none. I kind of doubt we will be the major contributor for the duration. I am not familiar with all the back room deals between ourselves and France, Great Britain, Italy, and the rest of the contributors, but I wouldn't be surprised if the reason we got invovled is as a payback for these other countries who backed our play in Iraq and Afghanistan.

  8. #7
    Senior Member steveone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    That's funny, I don't agree with either action, however there are some differences between Iraq and Libya. At the time of invasion of Iraq, Sadaam was not massacring his people on a large scale like Gadaffi was doing. Sadaam had done it in the past to the Kurds, yet that was in the late 80s. Also, we are mainly providing air and naval power in Libya, where we were an invading army in Iraq. The main difference between the two is that we are not leading the charge in Libya, it's a NATO operation, and hopefully our involvement will be limited. Like I said, I can not support either action, however there is a difference between the two.
    Wrong again Goofy ,refer to the videos.
    November 4 2008 "a date which will live in infamy". Jesus Saves





  9. #8
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    There's another difference that our resident troll and libs will neglect to mention:
    The Iraq resolution was approved by congress (not Bush alone) prior to the first strike as per the constitution while the Kenyan's actions were clearly unconstitutional. Isn't it unusual that the mainstream media (and our liberal crowd here) has neglected to focus upon this simple truth? Seems that information wasn't available on moveon.org.
    The best things in life aren't things!

  10. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Seems our resident king tea bagger is not very well informed about what powers the Constitution grants the President. That of course falls completely in line with what to expect from tea baggers, as they have repeatedly shown an ignorant misunderstanding of our highest laws.

  11. #10
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    Seems our resident king tea bagger is not very well informed about what powers the Constitution grants the President. That of course falls completely in line with what to expect from tea baggers, as they have repeatedly shown an ignorant misunderstanding of our highest laws.
    Define "our".....

    You are an isolated troll, without a boat.
    Why are you even here?
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  12. #11
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    The Kenyan disregarded his own words in 2007 and ordered air strikes on Libya on March 19, 2011 without obtaining approval from the U.S. Congress.

    CNSNews has the details:

    As a presidential candidate, The Kenyan (D.-Ill.) emphatically stated that the Constitution does not give the president the authority to unilaterally authorize a military attack unless it is needed to stop an actual or imminent attack on the United States.

    The Kenyan made the assertion in a Dec. 20, 2007 interview with the Boston Globe when reporter Charlie Savage asked him under what circumstances the president would have the constitutional authority to bomb Iran without first seeking authorization from Congress.

    “The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation,” The Kenyan responded.

    [The Kenyan added:] “History has shown us time and again, however, that military action is most successful when it is authorized and supported by the Legislative branch.”

    The Kenyan did not seek congressional authorization before joining allies, including Great Britain and France, in taking military action against the regime of Libyan dictator Col. Moammar Gadhafi in order to establish a no-fly zone over that country. The action was approved by the United Nations Security Council but not by the U.S. Congress.

    The troll will now step up and explain the Kenyan ignoring his own remarks with some lame attempt to stand sheepishly by his Kenyan.
    Last edited by The Doctor; 03-27-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    The best things in life aren't things!

  13. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    It seems the resident king tea bagger has retreated from his assertion that President Obama was in violation of the Constitution when he ordered strikes on Libya and has attempted to change the subject.

  14. #13
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    When your king/hero/messiah lies to himself, it's depressing, huh?

    Get used to it. He's lied to his voters. He's lied to his administration. He's lied to his country. He's lied to congress. He's lied to everyone so why not lie to himself as well. I just provided another example of it. Need more? Google "Obama Lies" and immediately you will find 32,300,000 references. Here's a great one to refer to when you take a break from biting your "Kenyan" pillow.

    Obama LAUNDRY LIST OF LIES
    The best things in life aren't things!

  15. #14
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    When your king/hero/messiah lies to himself, it's depressing, huh?

    Get used to it. He's lied to his voters. He's lied to his administration. He's lied to his country. He's lied to congress. He's lied to everyone so why not lie to himself as well. I just provided another example of it. Need more? Google "Obama Lies" and immediately you will find 32,300,000 references. Here's a great one to refer to when you take a break from biting your "Kenyan" pillow.

    Obama LAUNDRY LIST OF LIES
    Seems like it would be a lot simpler (and shorter) to list any truths he may have spoken??
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95