Household Income Falls, Poverty Rate Rises More ugly truth! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 15 to 25 of 25

Thread:
Household Income Falls, Poverty Rate Rises More ugly truth!

  1. #15
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quickjet View Post
    I don't get it???? I thought the Bush tax cuts were supposed ot take care of all that
    All by themselves??
    They were supposed to be a component, not one "solve all" answer.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #16
    Senior Member Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Normally one could say that, and yet O has been able to compound it at a rate NEVER seen in all the the history of all our Presidents.

    Rod, WHY do you refuse to see what is happening under O?

    Rep, Dem, Independent, whatever.
    Is it just staunch party commitment that keeps you beholden to the imposter regardless of current policy, the incompetent cast of characters O has paid back with cash and appointments, and their agenda??

    My FIL is a lifelong Dem, O voter in '08. He is at his wits end with O, his "appointees", his "czars", the lies, the corruption, holders BS, and basically the current members and the state of his party.
    I understand that it is disheartening, but one day you are going to have to face it, the Dem party is gone at the top levels, and is trying to kill this Country we both love and live in. I believe it is due to O, and those that HE is beholden to.

    He has no clue what he is doing, and it is like he has out the "Gov. and economy for dummies" handbook.


    do you actually think you will get an answer?


    the only thing I can believe for rod supporting this fraud is that rod must be his illegitimate son.
    Last edited by Jake; 09-13-2011 at 08:58 PM.

  4. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,950

    Default Thanks Doc!!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    The income of the average American worker—long the envy of much of the world—has dropped for the third year in a row and is now roughly where it was in 1996, adjusted for inflation.

    Household Income Falls, Poverty Rate Rises - WSJ.com
    The real sad thing is the American Family can not afford to go out to a sporting event,dine out,a movie, and for sure a Vacation. They are struggling to make a living.

  5. #18
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICECREAMAN View Post
    I've wondered this myself many, many times. My FIL is a Kennedy Dem from a small town out side of Boston. Prior to Obama, he was full blood Democrat blue. Now, he won't even talk politics, economy, nothing. I think he would rather eat a mouth full of dog shit than admit a Democratic President is a disaster, but his silence say's volumes. Maybe they just hate the Republican party so much they can't acknowledge how bad Obama is. I just don't understand how anyone would rather see the country fail miserably
    It must be a hard pill to swallow. If I was a Dem I would be absolutely devastated at what has unfolded under O.
    I can understand the difficulty comprehending the magnitude of the deception and incompetence that O has displayed since being elected.
    Can you imagine what it we be like to have voted for him, awash in joy and thinking he was the greatest ever thing ever, only to have nothing but disaster follow of EPIC proportion????

    I see it in my FIL, he won't talk much at all about it either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    do you actually think you will get an answer?


    the only thing I can believe for rod supporting this fraud is that rod must be his illegitimate son.
    That's OK, if he is silent then he is thinking about it,maybe.....that is a start.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  6. #19
    Purple headed member Quickjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Menifee
    Posts
    7,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moneypit View Post
    Look back and you'll see those cuts did start us back on the right track....Then, after the dims secured the House AND the Senate, there was a "rebate" program that paid taxpayers up to $600. each in late '08, and yeah Bush signed it, mainly because the leftist Congress would've over ridden his Veto, and obama was on the horizon..... THEN your messiah, and his gang of morons, with super majorities in BOTH Houses, decided to throw out almost a TRILLION of BORROWED money, but NOT to individuals, to select industry/banking , UNIONS, (UAW for one), and the entitlement class...So, how did that work out??..... Major FAIL, quite likely the Major-est FAIL in American history... AND NOW, he is asking for MORE????............ Ever heard the statement "Good money after bad"?...... This Kenyan HAS to have an American FAIL agenda, as no one, not even an unknown shill like obama could ever be that stupid....There comes a time when even the most skeptical followers of obama MUST realize this guy has something totally different on his mind, and it has nothing to do with SAVING the American economy..... Can it possibly be that obama sees only blue sky and sunshine? Are his rose colored glasses truly that smugged? (is that a word?)....IMO, obama isn't half as smart as some would like us to believe, but there's no way he's truly this stupid, so he MUST have an anti America agenda based on the Soros/Ayers/Sustein/Alinski principles...How can he possibly think he can get away with the destruction of America without consequences?
    Ray
    He is not my Messiah. You must of cut and pasted that off of another missinformed website that debates Liberals.
    You confortably forgot to mention the Trillions spent in the Middle East. Surely the amount of money spent on those wars far outweigh any entitlement program or Union pay off. Actually the money that went to the Banks and other bailouts was 90% of the nearly trillion spent. And yes I am aware that all that I've mention was done under Bush and not Obama.
    I am a Conservative to the core however far to often its wannabe consrvatives such as yourself that vote for idiots like Palin, Bachman, Perry or any other dolt with a Jesus cross and a Bible and gets us all into trouble. Bush was NOT conservative by any means and the more you blame Obama for everything the better the chance that we end up with another idiot in the White House just because he has an (R) next to his name even though he has no idea what the (R) is supposed to represent.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    I used to believe QJ was a gay black man..

    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu Secret View Post
    Keith...
    Real Fast Big Blocks are always V-Drives

  7. #20
    Purple headed member Quickjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Menifee
    Posts
    7,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    All by themselves??
    They were supposed to be a component, not one "solve all" answer.
    When initially enacted what was it supposed to "solve"?
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    I used to believe QJ was a gay black man..

    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu Secret View Post
    Keith...
    Real Fast Big Blocks are always V-Drives

  8. #21
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RodnJen View Post
    One could, but we all know that it is not like flipping a light switch. It takes years of bad policy for that level of change.
    Ahhhhhhhhhh So I guess running the printing press's like morons didn't have anything to do with the hyperinflation we are seeing. You guy's on the left just can't except, that no matter who did what prior to the Incompetent in Chief took office, he has made things drastically worse. Running the printing press's devalued the dollar. Energy costs have driven goods way up. Bush. We should have never come that close to the debt ceiling that quickly. And now were seeing business's that got stimulus money going bankrupt and stiffing the tax payers all the while the administration knowing it before giving it to them. Yeah your right you can't flip a switch and turn the economy around. But you sure as hell can make it worse by cutting the wires. If you truely believe that O's policies have not been negative influences to the economy your beyond hope.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you were not racist, then you better find someone else to vote for to prove your not stupid.

  9. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newbury Park, Ca/Mohave Valley, Az
    Posts
    8,169

    Default "cut and paste"???

    Quote Originally Posted by Quickjet View Post
    He is not my Messiah. You must of cut and pasted that off of another missinformed website that debates Liberals.
    You confortably forgot to mention the Trillions spent in the Middle East. Surely the amount of money spent on those wars far outweigh any entitlement program or Union pay off. Actually the money that went to the Banks and other bailouts was 90% of the nearly trillion spent. And yes I am aware that all that I've mention was done under Bush and not Obama.
    I am a Conservative to the core however far to often its wannabe consrvatives such as yourself that vote for idiots like Palin, Bachman, Perry or any other dolt with a Jesus cross and a Bible and gets us all into trouble. Bush was NOT conservative by any means and the more you blame Obama for everything the better the chance that we end up with another idiot in the White House just because he has an (R) next to his name even though he has no idea what the (R) is supposed to represent.
    Cut and paste? Ah, NO...I did not cut and paste anything. I fact, I can't remember the last time I cut and pasted anything.... How can you compare the Middle East Wars of the Bush era, wars that were APPROVED by both the House and the Senate, with the HUGE, more HUGE than ALL the previous Presidents combined, deficit this asshat has ran up? I can tell you about the benefits of that "war" spending, can you cite ONE benefit, provable benefit, (saved jobs is not provable), we have had since obama started writing checks?.... I have never had the opportunity to vote for Palin, Bachman, or Perry, so that is another gaff on your part as you try to categorize me into something I am not... Wannabe??? Wannabe what? Of all the things I might be, a "wannabe Conservative" isn't one of them...In fact, if you're a true conservative, maybe I need to rethink some of my positions, because I certainly don't want to be associated with any group you claim to belong to...Maybe if I had some of what you're smoking I would see things your way, but I doubt I could "dumb down" to your level of "I wannabe thought of as smart" because I can berate others I know nothing about...Are you trying to attain the status of TROLL? If not, you're doing a really good job of faking it....
    Ray
    LOUD BOATS SAVE LIVES

  10. #23
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quickjet View Post
    When initially enacted what was it supposed to "solve"?
    Solve is the wrong word, as I alluded.

    As always, it was to stimulate spending and economic activity.

    The problem is that when Gov. spending and deficit increase at a higher rate than the increase of tax revenue due to the benefits of tax cuts,
    nothing gets fixed, things get worse.

    Reagan era tax cuts are said to have doubled tax revenue over ten years, I believe, but spending tripled.

    Here we have O doing EVERYTHING seemingly possible to stagnate or lose tax revenue, yet INCREASING spending at a rate that is almost incomprehensible.

    Obamacare by itself is enough cost to finish us off by itself, ANOTHER 450 Billion to throw away on one time paychecks, shut down of a major revenue stream and tax base in the Gulf spill fiasco, etc.

    Where does it end??


    I find it funny that todays Dems point to Bush spending (I disagreed with a lot of what happened under GW, including much of the spending on wars), yet if they identified that problem with Bush, HOW can they now support O who has set the bar in the stratosphere???
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  11. #24
    Senior Member norcal73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake County, Ca
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Daytona View Post
    The real sad thing is the American Family can not afford to go out to a sporting event,dine out,a movie, and for sure a Vacation. They are struggling to make a living.
    Much of those things are just memories now. Wages of the average working american has remained the same for many years.

  12. #25
    Purple headed member Quickjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Menifee
    Posts
    7,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moneypit View Post
    Cut and paste? Ah, NO...I did not cut and paste anything. I fact, I can't remember the last time I cut and pasted anything.... How can you compare the Middle East Wars of the Bush era, wars that were APPROVED by both the House and the Senate, with the HUGE, more HUGE than ALL the previous Presidents combined, deficit this asshat has ran up? I can tell you about the benefits of that "war" spending, can you cite ONE benefit, provable benefit, (saved jobs is not provable), we have had since obama started writing checks?.... I have never had the opportunity to vote for Palin, Bachman, or Perry, so that is another gaff on your part as you try to categorize me into something I am not... Wannabe??? Wannabe what? Of all the things I might be, a "wannabe Conservative" isn't one of them...In fact, if you're a true conservative, maybe I need to rethink some of my positions, because I certainly don't want to be associated with any group you claim to belong to...Maybe if I had some of what you're smoking I would see things your way, but I doubt I could "dumb down" to your level of "I wannabe thought of as smart" because I can berate others I know nothing about...Are you trying to attain the status of TROLL? If not, you're doing a really good job of faking it....
    Ray
    Ray, look at Obama's spending, you will see that most of it is on programs and policies established during the Bush administration. Spending created by Bush and carried out by Obama, bills created by Bush and paid for by Obama. The bills must be paid and no matter who is in office, the checks have to be written.
    And you did vote for Palin in 2008 and lets hope that you never have the opportunity to vote for Perry or Bachman.
    Also, you are no where near a true conservative. A true conservative wants limited Government yet you support anti Gay marriage legistlation. You are more concerned with what Bruce is putting in his ass than what BP is putting in the water. "We need less Government regulation" you say all the time yet you want to regulate Homosexuals getting married?? Really?? What about legalizing pot and prostitution? Are you for or against people smoking what they want and having whatever buisiness transaction they chose no matter if its sexual. Are you really conservative enough to support getting the government out of our lives or are you a wannabe conservative that just wants his freedoms and could care a less about all freedoms. We all know you love "Big Government" when it comes to regulating YOUR policies! Why not be a real conservative and rethink your many liberal positions.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    I used to believe QJ was a gay black man..

    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu Secret View Post
    Keith...
    Real Fast Big Blocks are always V-Drives

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95