When Obamacare becomes a reality
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread:
When Obamacare becomes a reality

  1. #1
    Senior Member Not So Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    3,559

    Default When Obamacare becomes a reality

    I cannot imagine what is going to happen if and when Obamacare goes into full effect. As any of us old timers or younger people also, know that trying to get into see a specialist nowadays is absurd. I have had some problems in the last few years and waits for appts have become increasingly longer. Now my wife wants to have a colonoscopy so she call the Dr who did mine. The earliest appt is mid January, so nearly 3 months wait just for the consultation.
    What is going to happen when you dump another 30 million illegals or whatever on the medical system. Gotta repeal this as Bachman says IMHO
    NSF
    CHARGERS ROCK !!!!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    KenyanKare is far more about control than it is about health care. There is so much hair on this bill that could never be fully implemented.
    The best things in life aren't things!

  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not So Fast View Post
    I cannot imagine what is going to happen if and when Obamacare goes into full effect. As any of us old timers or younger people also, know that trying to get into see a specialist nowadays is absurd. I have had some problems in the last few years and waits for appts have become increasingly longer. Now my wife wants to have a colonoscopy so she call the Dr who did mine. The earliest appt is mid January, so nearly 3 months wait just for the consultation.
    What is going to happen when you dump another 30 million illegals or whatever on the medical system. Gotta repeal this as Bachman says IMHO
    NSF
    Illegals will not be covered. I haven't had any problem getting an appointment with a doctor when I have needed to see one. A family member has cancer and he hasn't had any problems either. Has your wife tried calling other doctors or are you dead set on using this specific one?

  5. #4
    Senior Member Not So Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    3,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    Illegals will not be covered. I haven't had any problem getting an appointment with a doctor when I have needed to see one. A family member has cancer and he hasn't had any problems either. Has your wife tried calling other doctors or are you dead set on using this specific one?
    No, not dead set either, just wanted to see the one I went to, who is a gastronologist (sp). Since this morning I have found out that the surgeon who did my hernia and appendectomy in 09 also does colonoscopy and could see her later this month. I dont know for sure but I would think a doctor who specializes in this procedure would be best????
    As for the reported 30 million people to be added to the health roles, maybe they arent illegals, no matter, point is that our health system is so over burdened as is, that the effect will be devastating.
    Just my opinion but the gov hasnt done too well so far with the postal system or any other entities it controls so how can we expect any different result on heath care, I worry a great deal about this, when one gets older it is paramount in our lives.
    NSF
    CHARGERS ROCK !!!!

  6. #5
    I'm baaaaack... hkunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    4,365

    Default

    I go to the VA for some of my health care, and to various private doctors for the specialists. I waited 9 months for one specialty clinic, and 2.5 years for another. I get 15 minutes every six months with my primary care VA doctor. Do you really think Obamacare will be better than that given to our disabled Vets?
    It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

    07 Advantage X-Flight 600 SCi Bravo 1 XR
    04 Cheetah Scorpion 6.2 Bravo 1 - SOLD!
    96 Donzi 21' 454 Bravo 3 Medallion - gone!
    72 Tahiti 16' 468 Olds Berkeley jet - SOLD!
    11 RZR XP, 08 Polaris Scrambler, 06 Rhino, 06 Joyner 650 dune buggy, 04 KFX 700

  7. #6
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkunz View Post
    I go to the VA for some of my health care, and to various private doctors for the specialists. I waited 9 months for one specialty clinic, and 2.5 years for another. I get 15 minutes every six months with my primary care VA doctor. Do you really think Obamacare will be better than that given to our disabled Vets?
    If implemented, it would be the efficiency of the the DMV coupled with the compassion of the IRS and the fiscal responsibility and customer service of the US Post Office.

    "Don't even bother taking a number sir, we're closing in two hours."
    The best things in life aren't things!

  8. #7
    058
    058 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    If implemented, it would be the efficiency of the the DMV coupled with the compassion of the IRS and the fiscal responsibility and customer service of the US Post Office.

    "Don't even bother taking a number sir, we're closing in two hours."
    Now I know this is bullshit....Nobody in government calls anyone "sir".
    Within the heart of every stray lies the singular desire to be loved. "Good grief you're an irritating blowhard...." [Tex 6/16/11]

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    S.W. PA.
    Posts
    574

    Default

    I really think you're going to see a transition period as O'care is implemented. While a doctor can bill some agency for care you will get every treatment known to man. When the doctor becomes another goverment employee you'll get the same level of care and consideration you get from the IRS. I ran into a woman about a month ago in West Virginia who appeared to be about 40 and was on government assistance. She was having terrible headaches and went to E-room where the tests showed she had both brain and lung cancer. She was told she had a month or so to live. Her head was covered because her hair had fallen out from radiation treatments and she was on her way that day for chemo. I asked the store owner about her on tuesday and she said she believed she had died. Was there a point to chemo and radiation except $$$$$. Some time in the near future she would have been sent home to die because no one was going to pay. Either way it looks like she died in about a month.

  10. #9
    Senior Member SoldHondaBoughtHondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lake Havasu az.
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    Illegals will not be covered. I haven't had any problem getting an appointment with a doctor when I have needed to see one. A family member has cancer and he hasn't had any problems either. Has your wife tried calling other doctors or are you dead set on using this specific one?
    It's not the fence jumpers it's their freekin beenie babies....What's it cost now 10K on their birth day? Parents not paying taxes workin a job that has no health care....
    600,000 a year
    $6,000,000,000 a year
    Overloading a medical system that is already overloaded.

    Probably don't much matter to you, i have noticed your math skills seem to be a little week at times
    "A liberal paradise would be a place where everybody has
    guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free
    education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free
    utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or
    not, such a place does, indeed, exist: It's called prison."

    Sheriff Joe Arpaio
    Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

  11. #10
    Senior Member Ms Understood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Murrieta, Ca
    Posts
    8,347

    Default

    I have a friend who is a Russian native and then a Canadian citizen before coming to the States 2 years ago. She said healthcare in Canada is great ( she lived there 8 years ) so long as you don't need to see a doctor. It took her 8 months to see a specialist while she was crippled in pain.



    Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!


  12. #11
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not So Fast View Post
    No, not dead set either, just wanted to see the one I went to, who is a gastronologist (sp). Since this morning I have found out that the surgeon who did my hernia and appendectomy in 09 also does colonoscopy and could see her later this month. I dont know for sure but I would think a doctor who specializes in this procedure would be best????
    As for the reported 30 million people to be added to the health roles, maybe they arent illegals, no matter, point is that our health system is so over burdened as is, that the effect will be devastating.
    Just my opinion but the gov hasnt done too well so far with the postal system or any other entities it controls so how can we expect any different result on heath care, I worry a great deal about this, when one gets older it is paramount in our lives.
    NSF
    zilberman...

  13. #12
    Senior Member baja1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    AKA Lenny from Ca./Willow Valley
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    Illegals will not be covered. I haven't had any problem getting an appointment with a doctor when I have needed to see one. A family member has cancer and he hasn't had any problems either. Has your wife tried calling other doctors or are you dead set on using this specific one?
    How much COOLAID did you drink. LOL illegals will not be covered.
    89 Mirage
    07 Magic deck boat

    ANY BODY BUT OBAMA !!!!!!!!

  14. #13
    Senior Member Not So Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    3,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bp298 View Post
    zilberman...
    Rizzo did me.
    NSF
    CHARGERS ROCK !!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95