Creating Jobs ?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 257

Thread:
Creating Jobs ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member sdpm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,532

    Default Creating Jobs ?

    Help me out here. Everyone in the political arena talks about creating jobs. My question is HOW? People are not buying things. Homes can't sell because people are broke, prices are to high and you can't get a loan even when you want to buy. That means no new construction. How do you tell a company or manufacture to hire people when they can't use them because they are not selling product? Even if you give them tax breaks, that still isn't going to make people buy things. So how do you create jobs? Not everyone can work for the government. They all talk about this but I have never heard anyone say how or where these jobs are going to be made?

    Please don't turn this into a Dem/Rep, left/right, lib/conserv and all the other political bullshit names out there that I don't even understand.

    I just would really like to know how do these people that are or want to run this country going to create jobs?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Icy
    Icy is offline
    Boatless Member :( Icy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    AV, CA
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    They key is cheap energy. Cheap energy means cheap food and cheap goods. This can help expand the service industry once again. Also all those other industires people like to study in college that have no real value.

    The only CURRENT cheap energy we have right now is coal, oil and natural gas.

    The government is in the way to harvesting these things cheaply and easily. If energy was a third of what it is today because the supply is plentiful. How many more million people would be at work today?

    We have estimated 2,000 years of oil in the ND and bordering states alone. We will NEVER come up with the next energy solution while putting oursevles back into the stone age through high regulation, high prices and a crippled economy working with it's arms tied to it's torso and legs bound in ball and chain.

  4. #3
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdpm View Post
    Help me out here. Everyone in the political arena talks about creating jobs. My question is HOW? People are not buying things. Homes can't sell because people are broke, prices are to high and you can't get a loan even when you want to buy. That means no new construction. How do you tell a company or manufacture to hire people when they can't use them because they are not selling product? Even if you give them tax breaks, that still isn't going to make people buy things. So how do you create jobs? Not everyone can work for the government. They all talk about this but I have never heard anyone say how or where these jobs are going to be made?

    Please don't turn this into a Dem/Rep, left/right, lib/conserv and all the other political bullshit names out there that I don't even understand.

    I just would really like to know how do these people that are or want to run this country going to create jobs?
    you start by creating confidence... This happens several ways and at different levels...
    Pat Eason, the voice of reason...

  5. #4
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Consumer confidence drives our economy. There is zero today, just as there was at the end of Jimmy Carter's era. When Ronald Reagan arrived on the scene, consumer confidence returned well before interest rates (19% then) recovered. Immediately thereafter, everything began picking up and the best economic recovery in history took place. My business of 35 years is 100% consumer confidence driven and today it's well beyond dead.
    The best things in life aren't things!

  6. #5
    Impeachment! 75 TX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Culver City, Ca
    Posts
    3,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdpm View Post
    Help me out here. Everyone in the political arena talks about creating jobs. My question is HOW? People are not buying things. Homes can't sell because people are broke, prices are to high and you can't get a loan even when you want to buy. That means no new construction. How do you tell a company or manufacture to hire people when they can't use them because they are not selling product? Even if you give them tax breaks, that still isn't going to make people buy things. So how do you create jobs? Not everyone can work for the government. They all talk about this but I have never heard anyone say how or where these jobs are going to be made?

    Please don't turn this into a Dem/Rep, left/right, lib/conserv and all the other political bullshit names out there that I don't even understand.

    I just would really like to know how do these people that are or want to run this country going to create jobs?
    The question can't be adequately answered without pointing out the VAST differences between the demoncrat/leftard model and the Republican/Conservative model. We're currently living the dim/libtard (failed) model. It has failed and will continue to fail regardless of how many more times they try the same shit. Big government/big spending/big regulation will always kill jobs. You'd think the leftards would realize this by now...and I kinda believe they do. But since they care more about maintaining power to further implement their corrupt idealogy than the future of the Nation and it's people don't count on them to try anything other than their failed (miserably) policies. Class warfare, division, soak the rich, regulate EVERYTHING, etc.
    When the Conservatives regain power in 2013 things will change pretty quickly. Gov't spending will be responsibly cut, regulations will be eased, and businesses will feel a sense of certainty about where they stand with respect to their tax burden, over-reaching gov't regulation, etc. Not to mention the impending doom that in nobabacare. That single item is a huge roadblock (that will be removed) in the way of business hiring/investing. Repealing nobamacare and eliminating the uncertainty that having a bunch of crooked tax and spend socialists in power will go a long way toward fixing this economy.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Havasu1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Yorba Linda & Lake Havasu
    Posts
    6,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    you start by creating confidence... This happens several ways and at different levels...
    Well this church in Anaheim must have a lot of confidence. I got a call today and it looks like I may win the bid for their new church remodel. There is over 3000 man hours in labor, engineering and shop time. And that is just for my trade alone and this is only phase 1. Also got word that we are low bidder on the remodel of the McMaster Carr offices.
    BTW..These are not union only jobs. Can't wait to see how you guys spin this.

  8. #7
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Congratulations for landing that one Bobby! Sounds like a real nice project!
    The best things in life aren't things!

  9. #8
    I'm famous ! Lucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ukiah,Ca
    Posts
    7,043

    Default

    Besides consumer confidence,iwould still estimate no outsourcing Jobs to other countries and shopping local. ...in house May cost more but it also creates more.
    " my carbon footprint is gonna kick your green ass"


    Quote Originally Posted by 396_Ways_To_Spit View Post
    WOWO!!!!! THat has to be the most beautiful crank that Ive ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    He has been allowing me to park my equipment in his backyard for a few years now...
    [/SIGPIC]

  10. #9
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu1986 View Post
    Well this church in Anaheim must have a lot of confidence. I got a call today and it looks like I may win the bid for their new church remodel. There is over 3000 man hours in labor, engineering and shop time. And that is just for my trade alone and this is only phase 1. Also got word that we are low bidder on the remodel of the McMaster Carr offices.
    BTW..These are not union only jobs. Can't wait to see how you guys spin this.

    Thank God for that church!!!

    Congrats, I hope they both pop for you...

    We have a new bridge being built over the Mississippi, and some major infrastructure work going on in STL... Ill bet the folks at Fred Webber are very happy about this...


    BUT what does this have to do with the price of tea in China???

    Are you suggesting that there hasn't been an erosion of confidence within home budgets, hope purchases, electronics purchases, car purchases, travel plans???

    You saw several folks right here in this forum a few years ago state that they would immediately pull back if Obama was elected in lieu of his policies, and it happened... People were laid off just as predicted by folks right here in this forum... True???

    Isn't that a product of the erosion of confidence in the DEMs agenda and the platform that Obama ran on??? Erosion of confidence in the investment arena, manufacturers, energy sector, home buyers, buyers of luxury cars/trucks/SUVs???

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    Besides consumer confidence,iwould still estimate no outsourcing Jobs to other countries and shopping local. ...in house May cost more but it also creates more.
    Lucky my man!!! Whats up my friend???
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 10-19-2011 at 08:16 PM.
    Pat Eason, the voice of reason...

  11. #10
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu1986 View Post
    Well this church in Anaheim must have a lot of confidence. I got a call today and it looks like I may win the bid for their new church remodel. There is over 3000 man hours in labor, engineering and shop time. And that is just for my trade alone and this is only phase 1. Also got word that we are low bidder on the remodel of the McMaster Carr offices.
    BTW..These are not union only jobs. Can't wait to see how you guys spin this.
    That's awesome!
    Congrats if you land it! (Are they aware of your "tithe" to the Dem party by union proxy??)

    I don't know that a church can be classified strictly as "consumer", or be a yardstick for confidence, but it is a client nonetheless.

    No spin here, just sort of apples to oranges since churches are not tax paying consumers. (Although their congregation surely consists of them)
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  12. #11
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post


    Are you suggesting that there hasn't been an erosion of confidence within home budgets, hope purchases, electronics purchases, car purchases, travel plans???

    You saw several folks right here in this forum a few years ago state that they would immediately pull back if Obama was elected in lieu of his policies, and it happened... People were laid off just as predicted by folks right here in this forum... True???

    Isn't that a product of the erosion of confidence in the DEMs agenda and the platform that Obama ran on??? Erosion of confidence in the investment arena, manufacturers, energy sector, home buyers, buyers of luxury cars/trucks/SUVs???


    Present and accounted for.

    Since 08' my personal cash flow is down appr. $150K annually on average.
    Total business cash flow, which is basically 100% wages to subs with a % for my business, is easily in the millions accumulative reduction over 3 years.

    The truth is you are 100% correct 2mm.
    I DO have some work I could fire up and start SLOWLY bringing guys onboard, but there is no way in hell I am going to do that with the mess in the WH right now.
    Last edited by thatguy; 10-19-2011 at 08:27 PM.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  13. #12
    Senior Member Boss460's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,679

    Default

    Our manufacturing business is picking up more this year. Much more than we thought. We actually had growth last year but not much. This year has been more substantial and I've added some jobs but too unconfident to add as many as I would have years ago. It's been too volatile to make hasty decisions. It will have to prove to be a real sustainable upswing before that much confidence is back.

    So far so good. Hopefully nothing serious happens to buck the short term trend of the last 6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    I don't hate anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    I don't argue religious idology.

  14. #13
    Senior Member Boss460's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,679

    Default

    Oh and nothing about "job creating policies" has affected our hiring. Nothing. It's confidence and demand for our product.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    I don't hate anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    I don't argue religious idology.

  15. #14
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss460 View Post
    Oh and nothing about "job creating policies" has affected our hiring. Nothing. It's confidence and demand for our product.
    Job creating policies to include the current green debacles, coupled with the accelerated attempt at villianizing of the drilling industry did and continues to directly effect my hiring.
    The operators are increasing their projected projects, mostly planning, some actual large operations, but I see a BIG boom coming as soon as the imposter is relieved of his position.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95