Finally!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 28

Thread:
Finally!

  1. #1
    VOTE! RodnJen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    2,123

    Default Finally!

    Consumer Confidence is up, the stock market rallied BIG yesterday (good October for that matter) and GDP was higher that first reported driven largely by consumer spending.

    Is this it, has the President turned the economy around, has he scored a major victory, has he stepped closer to curing the cancer that plagues so many?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RodnJen View Post
    Consumer Confidence is up, the stock market rallied BIG yesterday (good October for that matter) and GDP was higher that first reported driven largely by consumer spending.

    Is this it, has the President turned the economy around, has he scored a major victory, has he stepped closer to curing the cancer that plagues so many?
    Nope, the market situation yesterday is primarily tied to the EURO/Eurozone Zone situation...
    Pat Eason, the voice of reason...

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RodnJen View Post
    Consumer Confidence is up, the stock market rallied BIG yesterday (good October for that matter) and GDP was higher that first reported driven largely by consumer spending.

    Is this it, has the President turned the economy around, has he scored a major victory, has he stepped closer to curing the cancer that plagues so many?

    Someone got a little to close to Obama's backside after he consumed lots and lots of beans and cabbage..... lol Too much methane and not enough o2 is bad for the brain
    Last edited by RCDave; 10-28-2011 at 04:20 PM.

  5. #4
    Icy
    Icy is offline
    Boatless Member :( Icy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    AV, CA
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    I sold on Monday... I don't think it will last. If it does I made a bad decision.

    Edit: Fixed day.
    Last edited by Icy; 10-28-2011 at 05:09 PM.

  6. #5
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icy View Post
    I sold on Tuesday... I don't think it will last. If it does I made a bad decision.
    Putting SOME $$$ in the bank is always a better story than taking a capitol loss...
    Pat Eason, the voice of reason...

  7. #6
    Senior Member Bruise Brothers Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pomona,Ca
    Posts
    1,591

    Default

    Seems the market has been making wild 200-300 pt. swings up then down. The main reason this is happening it's the only way the people can make money in this economy. Think about it if all the commodities and stocks made very small moves up or down there isn't much money to be made. Think about gasoline futures you leverage a 42,000 gallon contract, each .10 cent move is $420.00. Crude contracts is even better, making large moves daily. And the kicker is you can make money both ways if you play it right. That in a nut shell is why the markets have been moving. The bailout in Europe is one of the reason it is going up today. Wait until next friday and we will see where the market stands.
    Need help finding this 1973 Sanger 18'6" bubble deck mahogany bottom and stringers I was living in Pomona when I sold her in 1979. Just wonder if she still exists

    Update Found my old Sanger 12/7/14 in Reno.

  8. #7
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RodnJen View Post
    Consumer Confidence is up, the stock market rallied BIG yesterday (good October for that matter) and GDP was higher that first reported driven largely by consumer spending.

    Is this it, has the President turned the economy around, has he scored a major victory, has he stepped closer to curing the cancer that plagues so many?
    So, consumer confidence is up? Well Rod lets take a closer look at the real facts that America faces today, shall we?
    * Our nation is in record debt with a clock ticking faster than ever before in the history of our country!
    * Just the interest on our debt is costing us more than the expenses of some of our largest agencies/departments of government as a result of recent spending!
    * Your favorite president has, in three short years, borrowed and spent more money than every president all the way back to George Washington.
    * His beloved KenyanKare bill has the average health care policy costing 30-40% more than when he took office and much of America is now uninsured.
    * Oil prices are skyrocketing while our nation's oil companies in the gulf have all been put on the unemployment rolls.
    * Fuel prices at the pump are much higher than they were when he took office.
    * American oil exploration has been blocked by moratoriums and denied or delayed permit applications causing increased dependence upon foreign sources.
    * The real estate market is far worse today than it was when he took office and foreclosures continue to plague the market at a record pace.
    * Food costs have risen sharply since your hero took office.
    * The nation's credit rating has been lowered for the first time in recent history due to irresponsible and unproductive spending of borrowed money.
    * Business bankruptcies are way up across America.
    * Unemployment is out of control and far above the numbers 9%+ that the department of labor is reporting these days
    * Approval ratings are lower than ever before for the president.
    * Yesterday, Incompetano was shading the truth before a congressional committee hearing on "Fast and Furious" in an effort to save face in Washington for a disastrous program paid for by the Kenyan's stimulus money.
    * Solyndra now hangs over the White House in open display of campaign contribution paybacks to George Kaiser in the false name of green jobs and even the mainstream media can't sweep this under the rug now that:
    * The Tonopah Solar company in Harry Reid's Nevada is getting a $737 million loan from Obama's DOE. The project will produce a 110 megawatt power
    system and employ 45 permanent workers. That's costing us just $16 million per job. One of the investment partners in this endeavor is Pacific Corporate Group (PCG). The PCG's executive director is Ron Pelosi who is the brother to Nancy's husband.
    * US national debt (credit card bill) will topple 15 trillion by Christmas 2011.
    * It was recently announced that inflation has now seen its highest yearly increase since October 2008.

    yet

    You actually believe a good day in the stock market cures all the above? No wonder you are voting for the Kenyan again. You are so open-minded that your brain fell out, it seems.

    The simple fact is that this week’s gains represented a classic "relief" rally, following news that European leaders reached a deal early Thursday to contain the debt crisis that threatened to plunge the continent into another recession. Under the plan, banks and other holders of Greek debt would agree to a 50 percent “haircut” that would substantially ease Athens’ crushing debt burden. This is not the return of American consumer confidence Rod.
    The best things in life aren't things!

  9. #8
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    So, consumer confidence is up? Well Rod lets take a closer look at the real facts that America faces today, shall we?
    * Our nation is in record debt with a clock ticking faster than ever before in the history of our country!
    * Just the interest on our debt is costing us more than the expenses of some of our largest agencies/departments of government as a result of recent spending!
    * Your favorite president has, in three short years, borrowed and spent more money than every president all the way back to George Washington.
    * His beloved KenyanKare bill has the average health care policy costing 30-40% more than when he took office and much of America is now uninsured.
    * Oil prices are skyrocketing while our nation's oil companies in the gulf have all been put on the unemployment rolls.
    * Fuel prices at the pump are much higher than they were when he took office.
    * American oil exploration has been blocked by moratoriums and denied or delayed permit applications causing increased dependence upon foreign sources.
    * The real estate market is far worse today than it was when he took office and foreclosures continue to plague the market at a record pace.
    * Food costs have risen sharply since your hero took office.
    * The nation's credit rating has been lowered for the first time in recent history due to irresponsible and unproductive spending of borrowed money.
    * Business bankruptcies are way up across America.
    * Unemployment is out of control and far above the numbers 9%+ that the department of labor is reporting these days
    * Approval ratings are lower than ever before for the president.
    * Yesterday, Incompetano was shading the truth before a congressional committee hearing on "Fast and Furious" in an effort to save face in Washington for a disastrous program paid for by the Kenyan's stimulus money.
    * Solyndra now hangs over the White House in open display of campaign contribution paybacks to George Kaiser in the false name of green jobs and even the mainstream media can't sweep this under the rug now that:
    * The Tonopah Solar company in Harry Reid's Nevada is getting a $737 million loan from Obama's DOE. The project will produce a 110 megawatt power
    system and employ 45 permanent workers. That's costing us just $16 million per job. One of the investment partners in this endeavor is Pacific Corporate Group (PCG). The PCG's executive director is Ron Pelosi who is the brother to Nancy's husband.
    * US national debt (credit card bill) will topple 15 trillion by Christmas 2011.
    * It was recently announced that inflation has now seen its highest yearly increase since October 2008.

    yet

    You actually believe a good day in the stock market cures all the above? No wonder you are voting for the Kenyan again. You are so open-minded that your brain fell out, it seems.

    The simple fact is that this week’s gains represented a classic "relief" rally, following news that European leaders reached a deal early Thursday to contain the debt crisis that threatened to plunge the continent into another recession. Under the plan, banks and other holders of Greek debt would agree to a 50 percent “haircut” that would substantially ease Athens’ crushing debt burden. This is not the return of American consumer confidence Rod.
    On the world news earlier today even the Greek people arent confident in the EU situation...

    I guess "good news" is relative to the all other news...
    Pat Eason, the voice of reason...

  10. #9
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Awwwww, Consumer Confidence is DOWN, the stock market pulled back BIG today ...
    Pat Eason, the voice of reason...

  11. #10
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruise Brothers Dad View Post
    Seems the market has been making wild 200-300 pt. swings up then down. The main reason this is happening it's the only way the people can make money in this economy. Think about it if all the commodities and stocks made very small moves up or down there isn't much money to be made. Think about gasoline futures you leverage a 42,000 gallon contract, each .10 cent move is $420.00. Crude contracts is even better, making large moves daily. And the kicker is you can make money both ways if you play it right. That in a nut shell is why the markets have been moving. The bailout in Europe is one of the reason it is going up today. Wait until next friday and we will see where the market stands.
    Bam!!!
    I know everybody thinks they know what caused the Great Depression, but this is it right here. Same bullshit, different era. Europe on its financial ass, and the only real money being made was on Wall St. Wild swings, huge changes, and the people in the know, and on the inside making money up and down. There was no "up tick" rule then, and you could short anytime you liked, as much as you liked. They sucked the small investors in by the droves, and cleaned there wallets. Every time the market climbs, somewone is making money. Everytime it falls, soemone is making money. But all the rich in the country can only nudge the market, it takes individuals to move it alot. Rich property investors could never move the housing market like it was, no more than they could stop the free fall or even wanted to. The fall was caused by MILLIONS of property being foreclosed, not dozens or even hundreds. A thousand foreclosures throught the U.S. happened every year and has for decades.
    The rich can only aim the market, the millions of ignorant little investors that THINKS consumer confidence and the market are A O K, and jump in for the killing are the ones that get hammered. The rich just sit back and wait it out to start the next wave.

    This thing is far from over, and Europe is in deep shit until the U.S. doesn't look like Greece with a printing press. Greece would be in this position if it had a printing press. California is nothing more than the U.S's Greece, and its not the only one. The national debt is much worse when you add in the failing states the WILL need a bailout sooner or later. Just as Greece did. And Greece is not alone, just first.
    Don't look to Europe for this thing to turn around, they are in deeper shit than you think, and Wall St and Washington know it. WE will have to get a handle on this thing or the WORLD is in deep shit.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by gn7; 10-31-2011 at 09:37 PM.

  12. #11
    Purple headed member Quickjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Menifee
    Posts
    7,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Bam!!!
    I know everybody thinks they know what caused the Great Depression, but this is it right here. Same bullshit, different era. Europe on its financial ass, and the only real money being made was on Wall St. Wild swings, huge changes, and the people in the know, and on the inside making money up and down. There was no "up tick" rule then, and you could short anytime you liked, as much as you liked. They sucked the small investors in by the droves, and cleaned there wallets. Every time the market climbs, somewone is making money. Everytime it falls, soemone is making money. But all the rich in the country can only nudge the market, it takes individuals to move it alot. Rich property investors could never move the housing market like it was, no more than they could stop the free fall or even wanted to. The fall was caused by MILLIONS of property being foreclosed, not dozens or even hundreds. A thousand foreclosures throught the U.S. happened every year and has for decades.
    The rich can only aim the market, the millions of ignorant little investors that THINKS consumer confidence and the market are A O K, and jump in for the killing are the ones that get hammered. The rich just sit back and wait it out to start the next wave.

    This thing is far from over, and Europe is in deep shit until the U.S. doesn't look like Greece with a printing press. Greece would be in this position if it had a printing press. California is nothing more than the U.S's Greece, and its not the only one. The national debt is much worse when you add in the failing states the WILL need a bailout sooner or later. Just as Greece did. And Greece is not alone, just first.
    Don't look to Europe for this thing to turn around, they are in deeper shit than you think, and Wall St and Washington know it. WE will have to get a handle on this thing or the WORLD is in deep shit.
    As an investor I would have to say that you summed it up pretty nicely. I might not trust you on Tunnel ram advice however when it comes to this stuff.....you've got my attention...
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    I used to believe QJ was a gay black man..

    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu Secret View Post
    Keith...
    Real Fast Big Blocks are always V-Drives

  13. #12
    Icy
    Icy is offline
    Boatless Member :( Icy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    AV, CA
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    What is happening today is why I sold...

    When should I buy again, that is the question....

  14. #13
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icy View Post
    What is happening today is why I sold...

    When should I buy again, that is the question....
    I'd ask Rod. He seems to have the inside information on consumer confidence.

    I wonder if he ever gets tired of being right all the time?
    The best things in life aren't things!

  15. #14
    Senior Member 500BBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CIUDAD MEXICO NORTE
    Posts
    6,008

    Default

    Really?

    Really???????? You flippin IDIOT!!!!!!!!!
    "Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though" President Barack Obama.

    Liberals just chose to ignore relevant information about the world they live in, and then call themselves sophisticated for having chosen to be more stupid than God made them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95