Pipeline
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 29

Thread:
Pipeline

  1. #1
    Senior Member bville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, KY
    Posts
    1,688

    Default Pipeline

    Obama delays oil pipeline that would create thousands of jobs and make us less dependent on middle east oil.I thought they said he was smart.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bville View Post
    Obama delays oil pipeline that would create thousands of jobs and make us less dependent on middle east oil.I thought they said he was smart.
    He is smart, He's promoting his agenda. It's his supporters who are either stupid, brainwashed, or actually support the end of America as we know it.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  4. #3
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    I read the NE land owners are pitching a bitch. As well as the environuts. Remember the environuts get a lot of their money by suing the EPA.

    Since the EPA won't let the US build a refinery, why not build one in Canada just across the boarder?
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    I read the NE land owners are pitching a bitch. As well as the environuts. Remember the environuts get a lot of their money by suing the EPA.

    Since the EPA won't let the US build a refinery, why not build one in Canada just across the boarder?
    I lived in NE. for 20 yrs and still have friends there.I can assure it's not the land owners complaining but the Green people.The people I have talked to said the land owners want it as they are going to be paid very well for the rights to cross their land and for each support placed on their land.The small towns along the proposed project support it as they will rent rooms,feed the workers,the spin off business potential is tremendous.Their is a very small group doing the squeaking and getting noticed.

    The story has been all over Fox today,I wish the Tea Party would take this matter a priority and educate every person in this country and over turn the few attempting to stop this great project.

    That gutless wonder in office is listening to the radicals that stop so many positive and necessary projects in out country.

  6. #5
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Daytona View Post
    I lived in NE. for 20 yrs and still have friends there.I can assure it's not the land owners complaining but the Green people.The people I have talked to said the land owners want it as they are going to be paid very well for the rights to cross their land and for each support placed on their land.The small towns along the proposed project support it as they will rent rooms,feed the workers,the spin off business potential is tremendous.Their is a very small group doing the squeaking and getting noticed.

    The story has been all over Fox today,I wish the Tea Party would take this matter a priority and educate every person in this country and over turn the few attempting to stop this great project.

    That gutless wonder in office is listening to the radicals that stop so many positive and necessary projects in out country.
    Sounds good to me JD, but how about another refinery? If we can't build one here, Canada seems like a viable alternative. We have been needing to build a new one anyway. Aren't the ones in TX running at near capacity?
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,144

    Default

    Put the refinery closer to the source...this IS imported Canadian crude anyway...
    Last edited by shueman; 11-11-2011 at 08:52 PM.

  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    Sounds good to me JD, but how about another refinery? If we can't build one here, Canada seems like a viable alternative. We have been needing to build a new one anyway. Aren't the ones in TX running at near capacity?
    My answer to the refinery ? is there numerous empty military bases all across the country.There is infrastructure already in place concrete everywhere barracks for employees if needed,plenty of chain link fence,security on and on.I saw I don't care if there is opposition, the U.S. could sell these Dead properties gain revenue,begin tax revenue,create jobs and on and on and on.This IMO is a WIN-WIN-WIN for everyone.

    Piss on the EPA and people opposed to it.Do as Eminent Domain and just "DO IT"

  9. #8
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shueman View Post
    Put the refinery at the source...this IS imported Canadian crude anyway...
    Do you have the slightest idea the amount of crude this country refines for export? Its no different than Japan importing steel and alum to built cars. Exporting refined petro products is a huge export of this country. Building a refinery in Canada is just shipping jobs and money out of the country, AND we should become the importer of refined petro. I don't think so!
    The idea that there are no new refineries is bunk! There may not be all new from the ground units being built, but the older ones are constantly being expanded and up graded. The refining capacity of this country is considerably higher than just 5 uears ago.
    Considering most of your previous posts, this lack of facts on the subject does really surprise me.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by gn7; 11-11-2011 at 07:19 PM.

  10. #9
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Do you have the slightest idea the amount of crude this country refines for export? Its no different than Japan importing steel and alum to built cars. Exporting refined petro products is a huge export of this country. Building a refinery in Canada is just shipping jobs and money out of the country, AND we should become the importer of refined petro. I don't think so!
    I was thinking dodging the EPA bullet. And this could be a good thing because hurricanes can hurt the coastal refineries as has happened in the past.

    Since you maybe up on the subject, what capacity are the refineries here in the US are running? That is a loooooooooooooong pipe line.

    As far as jobs moving to Canada, better than Mexico, Korea, China,............???
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  11. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Daytona View Post
    I lived in NE. for 20 yrs and still have friends there.I can assure it's not the land owners complaining but the Green people.The people I have talked to said the land owners want it as they are going to be paid very well for the rights to cross their land and for each support placed on their land.The small towns along the proposed project support it as they will rent rooms,feed the workers,the spin off business potential is tremendous.Their is a very small group doing the squeaking and getting noticed.

    The story has been all over Fox today,I wish the Tea Party would take this matter a priority and educate every person in this country and over turn the few attempting to stop this great project.

    That gutless wonder in office is listening to the radicals that stop so many positive and necessary projects in out country.
    You can assure us all you want, but it means little, especially when the facts prove otherwise. It seems the ranchers are afraid the Ogallala aquifer could be ruined if the pipeline were to ever fail. But the righties in the PRF will stop at no bounds in an attempt to pin this on liberals, greenies, hippies, the OWS crowd, the EPA, or Obama.

    Nebraska's Sand Hills become sand trap for Keystone XL pipeline - latimes.com

  12. #11
    Senior Member SoldHondaBoughtHondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lake Havasu az.
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    I was thinking dodging the EPA bullet. And this could be a good thing because hurricanes can hurt the coastal refineries as has happened in the past.

    Since you maybe up on the subject, what capacity are the refineries here in the US are running? That is a loooooooooooooong pipe line.

    As far as jobs moving to Canada, better than Mexico, Korea, China,............???
    Why dodge the EPA bullet...take away their gun and watch the economy take of on a run.
    "A liberal paradise would be a place where everybody has
    guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free
    education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free
    utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or
    not, such a place does, indeed, exist: It's called prison."

    Sheriff Joe Arpaio
    Maricopa County Sheriff's Office

  13. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    You can assure us all you want, but it means little, especially when the facts prove otherwise. It seems the ranchers are afraid the Ogallala aquifer could be ruined if the pipeline were to ever fail. But the righties in the PRF will stop at no bounds in an attempt to pin this on liberals, greenies, hippies, the OWS crowd, the EPA, or Obama.

    Nebraska's Sand Hills become sand trap for Keystone XL pipeline - latimes.com
    At times, I don't know if reading your posts or zombies.

    You can gather a select group of people on any topic and spin it all you want.I ask you to PLEASE do not preach to me about the Ogallala Aquifer. I am from there the Aquifer is so far below the surface it would take years if a major oil leak even happened to reach it.. Please do not speak of things you have NO knowledge of and only repeating Bull Shit you have read on the internet.

    I can tolerate you and zombie on political enjoyment,but do not post shit that is totally not true.

    Damn!! have you ever been in NEBRASKA? I am saying NO= Shut UP

  14. #13
    Senior Member bville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, KY
    Posts
    1,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Do you have the slightest idea the amount of crude this country refines for export? Its no different than Japan importing steel and alum to built cars. Exporting refined petro products is a huge export of this country. Building a refinery in Canada is just shipping jobs and money out of the country, AND we should become the importer of refined petro. I don't think so!
    The idea that there are no new refineries is bunk! There may not be all new from the ground units being built, but the older ones are constantly being expanded and up graded. The refining capacity of this country is considerably higher than just 5 uears ago.
    Considering most of your previous posts, this lack of facts on the subject does really surprise me.
    I have heard that american refineries do export.Would Gn7 or anyone else hazard a guess at the percentage of oil refined in the US that is exported ?

  15. #14
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Daytona View Post
    At times, I don't know if reading your posts or zombies.

    You can gather a select group of people on any topic and spin it all you want.I ask you to PLEASE do not preach to me about the Ogallala Aquifer. I am from there the Aquifer is so far below the surface it would take years if a major oil leak even happened to reach it.. Please do not speak of things you have NO knowledge of and only repeating Bull Shit you have read on the internet.

    I can tolerate you and zombie on political enjoyment,but do not post shit that is totally not true.

    Damn!! have you ever been in NEBRASKA? I am saying NO= Shut UP
    No kidding.

    I was talking to My wife the other day and She was laughing telling me that some tree huggers in the bay area were protesting that "fracing" caused a recent earthquake.

    I laughed pretty damned hard over that one!!
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95