Newt on the payroll
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 96

Thread:
Newt on the payroll

  1. #1
    VOTE! RodnJen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    2,123

    Default Newt on the payroll

    I must say he does a good job of trying to spin his role. I am no fan of how freddie and fannie were run but I am a big believer in the securitization of assets. We will see how this plays out in coming debates.

    Ex-Freddie Mac official said Newt Gingrich paid $1.5 million for consulting - CSMonitor.com

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Honest questions Rod:
    Are you condemning him for this? If so are you also including everyone else who received compensation from Freddie Mac? Are you aware what period of time this compensation covered? Do you know what services were provided? Were you aware that they ignored his advice despite paying for it? Are you seriously concerned about Freddie Mac's budget or simply looking to disparage a GOP candidate?

    I'm thinking you are an opportunist like all the democrats who have absolutely no answers for what their last presidential vote has done to America and, instead of manning up and admitting your mistake, you are trying to make others look bad. When Newt's borrowed and spent over a half billion US Taxpayer's dollars to pay back a George Kaiser type campaign contributor under the guise of "green jobs" that don't exist, then you have a story. Or, if he doubled our nation's deficit with failed stimulus that provided firearms to drug cartels that have been used to kill our officials and citizens, you may have a story but this was salary received for services rendered as per agreement. Isn't that like your compensation?
    The best things in life aren't things!

  4. #3
    VOTE! RodnJen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Honest questions Rod:
    Are you condemning him for this? If so are you also including everyone else who received compensation from Freddie Mac? Are you aware what period of time this compensation covered? Do you know what services were provided? Were you aware that they ignored his advice despite paying for it? Are you seriously concerned about Freddie Mac's budget or simply looking to disparage a GOP candidate?

    I'm thinking you are an opportunist like all the democrats who have absolutely no answers for what their last presidential vote has done to America and, instead of manning up and admitting your mistake, you are trying to make others look bad. When Newt's borrowed and spent over a half billion US Taxpayer's dollars to pay back a George Kaiser type campaign contributor under the guise of "green jobs" that don't exist, then you have a story. Or, if he doubled our nation's deficit with failed stimulus that provided firearms to drug cartels that have been used to kill our officials and citizens, you may have a story but this was salary received for services rendered as per agreement. Isn't that like your compensation?
    -Condeming no, curious yes. It is much more likely that he was hired to build republican relationships than it is likely he was hired to create, implement or manage a business model.

    -I'll "include" them if they are running for office. Remember, we are talking compensation not campaing contributions.
    -Yes
    -No, but there seems to be conflicting reports. Like I said, nice spin.
    -By your second to last queston in the first paragraph, you obviously believe what he has said in spite of the accounts of others.
    -I'm not "concerned" about their budget, although if I looked at it I probably would be. However, I didn't not buy Freddie or Fannie stock when it was available eventhough is was widely held by equity funds because I did not like their business model and their relationship or structure with the Feds.
    -Think what you like Doc.

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,915

    Default

    Here is another story on Newt and his home ownership ideas ......I'm amazed you righties who blame liberals for the housing crash keep supporting this money grubbing fake conservative.

    HE is a typical phony career politician only interested in personal power and money. He hides the truth so the ill-informed will vote for him. Newt was a bought and paid for Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac corporate stooge and still is. HE is the last kind of person the Republicans need for their parties nominee.....Read more about it here:


    Newt Gingrich Long Advocated Home Ownership Push Prior To A Reported Freddie Mac $1 Million Payday
    Last edited by zombie; 11-17-2011 at 09:31 AM.

  6. #5
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Huffington. Wow, nothing left sided about that "news source" is there?

    Funny how the liberal media is setting this in a bad light right when Newt is gaining ground. It started on Perry with the racial derogatory name on a rock that was even painted over, then it was Cain and his ALLEGED (the libs are ready to judge him guilty) sexual harassment, and now this.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    Huffington. Wow, nothing left sided about that "news source" is there?

    Funny how the liberal media is setting this in a bad light right when Newt is gaining ground. It started on Perry with the racial derogatory name on a rock that was even painted over, then it was Cain and his ALLEGED (the libs are ready to judge him guilty) sexual harassment, and now this.

    Turns out both Perry and Cain are in fact dumbass jokes !!! So don't let reality hurt you Forkin' ....Gain from it ! That is why a few of us post here. We're just trying to help confused angry rightie folks see clearly ..................................... A tough job without a doubt !

  8. #7
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    15,853

    Default

    Newt received an agreed upon salary for services rendered. How awful is that?
    The best things in life aren't things!

  9. #8
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Turns out both Perry and Cain are in fact dumbass jokes !!! So don't let reality hurt you Forkin' ....Gain from it ! That is why a few of us post here. We're just trying to help confused angry rightie folks see clearly ..................................... A tough job without a doubt !
    If that is true, Obama surely fits! What does that make you Obama supporters? Dumb ass TOOLS!
    Last edited by Forkin' Crazy; 11-17-2011 at 10:32 AM.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Newt received an agreed upon salary for services rendered. How awful is that?
    Evidently that escapes the tax payer parasites that attempt to make this an issue. Don't you just love the hypocrisy coming from the retired government employee and the current federal employee. There's no big surprise why these two are and were in government positions. They would have been and are unemployable in the private sector.
    Last edited by redneckcharlie; 11-17-2011 at 10:28 AM.

  11. #10
    VOTE! RodnJen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Newt received an agreed upon salary for services rendered. How awful is that?
    Nice job Doc, you dance well for a big man.

  12. #11
    Senior Member AzMandella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    5,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Turns out both Perry and Cain are in fact dumbass jokes !!! So don't let reality hurt you Forkin' ....Gain from it ! That is why a few of us post here. We're just trying to help confused angry rightie folks see clearly ..................................... A tough job without a doubt !
    How does one who has shit in his eyes do that.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you were not racist, then you better find someone else to vote for to prove your not stupid.

  13. #12
    Mandella Rules! devenso's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    139

    Default From an expert.

    Quote Originally Posted by AzMandella View Post
    How does one who has shit in his eyes do that.
    Your the expert - tell us how you do it!

  14. #13
    Marine Organism Forkin' Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mound, Louisiana
    Posts
    12,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devenso View Post
    Your the expert - tell us how you do it!
    Another liberal from Cali... go figure.

    So what are they up to now? Shue, RTI, Z, and this guy makes 4!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

    - - Robert A. Heinlein

  15. #14
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    Another liberal from Cali... go figure.

    So what are they up to now? Shue, RTI, Z, and this guy makes 4!
    I think Z and RTI found a new "pivot man" since Keyphister got banned.....
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95