The Burley Idaho Regatta Committee has been hard at it to determine the best solution for everyone involved with our event. We are taking into consideration all aspects of the event. Our first and foremost concern is the economic impact that this shut down has caused for our Sponsors, Spectators/Fans and Racers. We do not want to contribute to the hardships being face by our racing families, our loyal Spectators/Fans and last but not least our amazing Sponsors that continue to support us every year. With out these three groups this race would not be possible.
We are working hard to sift through all the requirements and government protocol that is effecting our decision on whether we will will be holding the 45th annual Burley Idaho Regatta. According to Governor Brad Little the state of Idaho will be reopening in 4 stages. The stages are outlined on their website link at the bottom if you would like to see what we are dealing with. In addition to this we are attempting to get answers from the South Central Idaho Heath District as to the requirements we would have to meet in order to hold the event.
Given the current guidelines published today it is going to be a very tough call to make by the May 20th deadline that we have set for ourselves. If there are any setbacks at all in the stages laid out in the guidelines we will not be able to have the race. If everything goes as planed we will still be very close to not being able to meet the requirements set forth in the guide lines.
The good new in all this is that as of right now we are still planing to have a race. We are more than likely going to have to make some severe cuts to the program to do it. Due to the lack of sponsorship money and the economic hard ship that everyone is experiencing there may not be a possibility of Tow Money for this years event. We should be able to provide trophies and dinner. We will be able to provide our upmost respect and a appreciation for our Racers if the Tow Money is not able to be provided.
We hope that everything will work out for the best. We also hope that everyone will understand our situation and accept the out come of whatever happens. We have the greatest Fans, Racers, Sponsors and Family members that any group could ask for.
May 20th will be our final decision, if it is not made before that date.
Hello Everyone, We apologize for the delay in the announcement of the 45th Annual Idaho Regatta. The race will be held on it's regularly scheduled weekend of June 25th - 28th. All events connected with the event will be held as usual also. This includes the Show & Shine on Thursday evening, the Parade on Friday along with our full schedule of racing on Sat and Sun.
We will keep everyone informed of what protocols for the CV-19 will be in place at the time of the event. Currently there will not be any drastic measures that we are aware of. The state of Idaho has a 4 stage plan in place for reopening the state and getting back to business as usual. The ending date of the 4th stage is the day of our event June 26th.
We are also asking all our fans and racers to please try and comply with any of their state regulations as we are not familiar with every state's protocol. We will do everything in our power to make this a safe and successful event for everyone.
Due to the short time frame to put on the event, there will be changes made in the over all functions of the race. Most of the changes will be announced as we make those changes. Please bear with us as we work through making all the changes and getting all the information posted to our website and to Facebook pages. Some information will be sent out via email through us and through SCSC as it concerns the racers more than the general public.
Once again we appreciate each and every one of our Fans and Racers, without you there would be no Idaho Regatta. Thank You from the Burley Regatta Committee.