Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· New here
4,028 Posts
On the exhaust elbows on the PFM risers, there is a provision for EGT sensors...is it possible to put an o2 sensor in there?
Of course. My Lightnings have an O2 bung. They weld it into the DRY area of exhaust, prior to the water mixing. Then, of course, the water goes around the solid bung in the water-jacket area. Simple.

· New here
4,028 Posts
Are you only reading one cylinder then...??
No. You could, if you wanted to put a bung in EACH PIPE. The standard O2 bungs are usually in the collector, after all 4 have come together.

· Registered
1,129 Posts
No. You could, if you wanted to put a bung in EACH PIPE. The standard O2 bungs are usually in the collector, after all 4 have come together.
I was thinking they went into the collector but the collectors seem so short on the jacketed headers I have seen I am currious if you are getting an accurate reading from all 4....

· New here
4,028 Posts
I was thinking they went into the collector but the collectors seem so short on the jacketed headers I have seen I am currious if you are getting an accurate reading from all 4....
I haven't installed them yet.

· !%@#$
497 Posts
I have and they work and read great. But I have learned through experience
that the cams in the bigger engine's and the short run after the collector where the water mixes kills o2 sensors fairly quick.
I have lost a few in just a few short runs, the last one just lasted a few outtings so I believe it has to do with how long I idle.

Low idle, big cam, is my issue. Not sure if it will be the same on other set ups.

The tuning is great with the o2 and wide band logger. Once its right, its right and you dont need the o2 anyways. ;)

Racer

· Registered
72 Posts
I read somewhere that the sensor should be mounted on the low pressure side of the turbo (maybe in the manual). I have a water jacketed elbow after the turbo that I didn't want to mess with, so i just got a flange and welded up a temporary exhaust pipe with a sensor bung in it and a water fitting downstream of the bung. It's definately a kludge, as well as a pain to swap out, but it works and I didn't have to chance screwing up my elbow which I'm sure are hard to find replacements for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.