·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the way antifreeze pisses out of those fords. lol Awesome video though.
You'd more than likely piss too if someone pumped 40 psi into you :|err

Come to find out it's oil. There is no water running in the block or heads.

Sleeper CP :D

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
You'd more than likely piss too if someone pumped 40 psi into you :|err

Come to find out it's oil. There is no water running in the block or heads.

40 is LOTS, we might end upat 30 next weekend on a chassis dyno, see what happens. Open house at a shop up here with a chassis dyno and we hold the #, from last year. Another guy is comming to try and beat it so we are just going to lay down 200hp more than him whatever the # comes in at. Blow through 400 sbc with twins.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
40 is LOTS, we might end upat 30 next weekend on a chassis dyno, see what happens. Open house at a shop up here with a chassis dyno and we hold the #, from last year. Another guy is comming to try and beat it so we are just going to lay down 200hp more than him whatever the # comes in at. Blow through 400 sbc with twins.
let's hear about that sbc400 ! i've got a nice 400 i'm die'n to boost up and put some nitrous on.

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
1,700 HP Stock head 429 In. Ford ! !
The engine is using a factory iron 4-bolt block, factory iron Cobra Jet heads, and the factory cast 429 crank. Still, it says a lot about the strength and capability of these Ford 385 Series powerplants, even in factory issue trim.

Erica Ortiz recently ran a 6.88 @ 205 mph in the quarter mile with a similar setup: a twin turboed 500-inch factory iron 4-bolt block, factory iron Cobra Jet heads, and the factory cast crankshaft. This engine was built by Mr. Moody himself; in other words, built by a racer who has been racing since long before 4-bolt blocks, aluminum heads, forged cranks, etc., were regularly available and the primary factor (other than the stout 460 engine parts themselves) was knowing how to work with what was available at the time and make these engines perform at a very impressive level.

My own business partner, Van, managed 7.20's with factory iron 2-bolt block, factory iron passenger car heads, and the factory cast 460 crank. That was with the blower set dead-slow at 7% overdriven; if he changed the top pulley to one less tooth, the engine destroyed parts behind it...usually the TH400 Halibrand input shaft.

LO

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Well it looks like tomorrow we set the new record. Guy just made 814 at the wheels with his big block ford on the bottle (350 shot) Oh well........ 20lbs and c16 should give us about a 200hp window.:D Just a little small block and a couple turbo,s that fell of a dodge truck.;)

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Well..... 20lbs made 987hp and 804flbs at the wheels so I guess we did ok.:D Open house so everyone only got 1 pull. I guess we will give them another year to catch up. lol Might even use 25 lbs next year.

Attachments

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bump.

CS19,

Chris we talked about this dyno video on the sandbar at LL at the CP regatta. You said you didn't remember seeing it.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Bump.

CS19,

Chris we talked about this dyno video on the sandbar at LL at the CP regatta. You said you didn't remember seeing it.

Hey sleeper and any other Ford guys. I kinda walked up on a deal I wish I could financialy handle right know but can't so enough of my saga. Back in a field today I noticed a 1966 ford mustang and got curious. After closer inspection turned out to be GT all original, Matching numbers the works. If anybody might be interested in a restore project I think the car could be had for about 3500 bucks. I lifted the hood and it had the original motor ( 271 h/p 4v motor ) factory air minus the a/c pump and p/s. Also had the pony pack interior. Factory duals out the back with the stainless bells. Exterior alittle rough and interior maybe alittle worse. BUT THE WHOLE CAR IS THERE. I cant see it going anywhere fast cause its in an area that you almost would have to be lost to find!! Owner has a clue what he has but not up to date on what the value of that car is. Tossing it here first. Mark

1 - 17 of 17 Posts