Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Nordic 35' Flame
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it takes a friggen spider to knock me down and out.

Brown Widow, cousin of the Black Widow, supposedly not found in AZ, I beg to differ - there are thousands of them in Casa Grande AZ. Bite was not that bad, MRSA Infection is what took me down.

Here are pictures after surgery and of gauze packing that needs to be changed daily...

·
Blown, OHBA Member
2,842 Posts
Ouch

My wife was bitten on the leg 5 times by a brown recluse.:|err A friend told me to shock the bites? Any way we took her to the dr. and got some antibiotics. By the time we got home she was swolen so bad she couldent hardly walk and in real pain. We decieded to try the shock treatment so I called my friend and took her over. He zaped her 2 times on each bite with a taser (It's the gods truth) and the next morning there was no swelling, very little redness around the bites and she was walking with no problem. sence then we have found out an electronic dog collar will work with the same results something in the current seems to destroy the vennom. I have seen this work 4 times once on her, once on me with a dog collar and on two of our friends. Just a note turn collar to high setting.:)coffee

·
Ex-Californian
429 Posts
My wife was bitten on the leg 5 times by a brown recluse.:|err A friend told me to shock the bites? Any way we took her to the dr. and got some antibiotics. By the time we got home she was swolen so bad she couldent hardly walk and in real pain. We decieded to try the shock treatment so I called my friend and took her over. He zaped her 2 times on each bite with a taser (It's the gods truth) and the next morning there was no swelling, very little redness around the bites and she was walking with no problem. sence then we have found out an electronic dog collar will work with the same results something in the current seems to destroy the vennom. I have seen this work 4 times once on her, once on me with a dog collar and on two of our friends. Just a note turn collar to high setting.:)coffee
ARE you KIDDING me.. This sounds something right out of a ******* book 101 ways to kill a spider bite...Recluse bites are NOT something to play with...LOL I'm just joking good luck with that...

·
IAFF local 1067
483 Posts
Be very careful with that MRSA. I guy I worked with got it through a small cut on his leg. He just recently had to have a full knee replacement because of the MRSA infection. Make sure your Doctor is very aggressive with the treatment.

·
Premium Member
5,952 Posts
Interesting.

For the do-it-yourself kind of person, Radio Electronics Magazine (Sept. 1986) outlined details on making your own stun weapon. Besides self-defense, another use for shock devices has recently been developed. Dr. Ronald Guderian works in the Esmeraldas Province of the Ecuadorian jungle and uses a modified stun gun routinely on snake bites as well as scorpion, stingray, ant and bee stings (Outdoor Life, June 1987, p.55, June, p.64, July 1988 p.45). A Cure for Bee Stings? It all came about when a friend of Dr. Guderian mentioned a Farm Journal article that described how an Illinois farmer who was allergic to bee stings had accidentally found a cure when he touched an electrified fence. Afterwards, Dr. Guderian began successfully treating insect stings and snakebites with the ignition systems of outboard motors, chain saws and automobiles. He attached a wire from a spark plug and used another wire as a ground. Then he applied the live ends to the bite or sting site for 1 or 2 seconds to provide relief. Now Dr. Guderian uses a Nova stun gun. Since insect stings are near the surface, treatment consists of simply spanning the site with the 2 probes and delivering a momentary shock. With the deep fang wounds of snakebites, he added an extension wire to the shorter probe so that it could be held to the opposite side of a bitten limb while the other probe was applied directly to the fang punctures. In this way, current could travel through the wound on its way to the extension wire on the other side of the limb. Some Case Histories... In 34 recorded snakebite cases (mainly fer-de-lance and bushmaster varieties), Dr. Guderian applied the current within a half-hour’s time of the bite, no serious medical complications developed, all pain disappeared within 15 minutes, and none of the patients died. No antivenom was ever administered to any of the patients. Within an hour, each patient was able to return home, and follow-up examinations revealed no necrosis (cellular tissue damage) around the bite. Two patients arrived with swollen limbs and were treated 2 hours after being bitten. Seven electrical treatments spaced 5 to 10 seconds apart provided considerable pain relief and after 12 hours, swelling no longer increased. After 3 days, the swelling had practically disappeared, and only a small necrotic area was visible around one bite site. Seven patients who refused electrotherapy suffered the usual complications of considerable swelling, bleeding, necrosis, shock and kidney failure.

·
It is what it is
2,580 Posts
And it takes a friggen spider to knock me down and out.

Brown Widow, cousin of the Black Widow, supposedly not found in AZ, I beg to differ - there are thousands of them in Casa Grande AZ. Bite was not that bad, MRSA Infection is what took me down.

Here are pictures after surgery and of gauze packing that needs to be changed daily...

My wife was bitten by a brown widow while we were camping at Bartlett a few years back. We had to pack up and leave in the middle of the night to get her to the hospital. It was painful for her, and she had some swelling, but it wasn't nearly as bad as yours looks. I hate spiders..........:|err

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,033 Posts
Interesting.

For the do-it-yourself kind of person, Radio Electronics Magazine (Sept. 1986) outlined details on making your own stun weapon. Besides self-defense, another use for shock devices has recently been developed. Dr. Ronald Guderian works in the Esmeraldas Province of the Ecuadorian jungle and uses a modified stun gun routinely on snake bites as well as scorpion, stingray, ant and bee stings (Outdoor Life, June 1987, p.55, June, p.64, July 1988 p.45). A Cure for Bee Stings? It all came about when a friend of Dr. Guderian mentioned a Farm Journal article that described how an Illinois farmer who was allergic to bee stings had accidentally found a cure when he touched an electrified fence. Afterwards, Dr. Guderian began successfully treating insect stings and snakebites with the ignition systems of outboard motors, chain saws and automobiles. He attached a wire from a spark plug and used another wire as a ground. Then he applied the live ends to the bite or sting site for 1 or 2 seconds to provide relief. Now Dr. Guderian uses a Nova stun gun. Since insect stings are near the surface, treatment consists of simply spanning the site with the 2 probes and delivering a momentary shock. With the deep fang wounds of snakebites, he added an extension wire to the shorter probe so that it could be held to the opposite side of a bitten limb while the other probe was applied directly to the fang punctures. In this way, current could travel through the wound on its way to the extension wire on the other side of the limb. Some Case Histories... In 34 recorded snakebite cases (mainly fer-de-lance and bushmaster varieties), Dr. Guderian applied the current within a half-hour’s time of the bite, no serious medical complications developed, all pain disappeared within 15 minutes, and none of the patients died. No antivenom was ever administered to any of the patients. Within an hour, each patient was able to return home, and follow-up examinations revealed no necrosis (cellular tissue damage) around the bite. Two patients arrived with swollen limbs and were treated 2 hours after being bitten. Seven electrical treatments spaced 5 to 10 seconds apart provided considerable pain relief and after 12 hours, swelling no longer increased. After 3 days, the swelling had practically disappeared, and only a small necrotic area was visible around one bite site. Seven patients who refused electrotherapy suffered the usual complications of considerable swelling, bleeding, necrosis, shock and kidney failure.
Right click and Save.......

I'll send that to a friend of mine who was bitten by a Mitchell spotted Rattlesnake and spent 14 days in the hospital and about $80k later in anti-venom.

S CP :D

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Thats good information.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Well, the MRSA is a gift from the hospital, and Ihave a girlfriend that was also gifted with it, not to bum you out, but this is the worst of the infections, since there is NO..repeat..NO treatment for it, you will always have it, and it will make you live a completely different life.

My condolences to you amigo, this just fockkin sucks!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.