Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
small block jet
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all the naysayers out there, it can be done. Ran 112 on gps today testing for Augusta. Sunkisst tunnel with GM 400 block and a little spray. Boat leaves hard and runs like it's on a rail. See ya'll in Augusta:D

Attachments

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Whats a little spray? seems everyone runs a little spray these days! lol Congrats BTW!

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
No Tyro....you were not in my thought process when I was thinking about the other guys....:)hand

·
small block jet
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
421 inch purpose built nitrous motor with afr heads jesel shaft rockers and belt drive spraying 300 out the gate with a fogger. Boat was totally redone over the winter, all new wood, rail kit, mounts and jet a way. No number yet as this is our first sanctioned race. BLACK SUNSHINE is the name.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Congrats......... 100+ with a small block. Good luck at the races.

100+ with a smblk is something Farmer John was doing 15-18 years ago with his river boat.

S CP

·
small block jet
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats......... 100+ with a small block. Good luck at the races.

100+ with a smblk is something Farmer John was doing 15-18 years ago with his river boat.

S CP
I'm sure he was, and someday us East Coasters will be able to eat at the same table as you guys. We all know you have the baddest Ford ever to run the river.:D

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Dam Jon, rain on the guys parade why dont u.Lol
I'm just sayin...congrats to him...it is a big deal, but back when the CP was running 102, Farmer John had a 400+ inch small block with about 400hp worth of nitrous that would leave the CP like we were in concrete. That thing hauled-ass and was so "f"ing quick for the first 200 yards it wasn't worth racing for 95% of the people who wanted to race it. That was one " Mighty Mouse" he had. Now I don't think it ran 112 but it ran over 100 that's for sure..it would just leave the CP from a 35 mph roll. John used to run so much Nos through that thing is was funny. He'd hurt it on Saturday and then be back Sunday ready to go after an all night thrash. There are a few advantages living just 20 -25 miles from the river.

For those who don't think 100+ is possiable with a sm blk they didn't know Farmer John 15 yrs ago. That's all.

Congrats to the OP.

S CP :)grn

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
I'm sure he was, and someday us East Coasters will be able to eat at the same table as you guys. We all know you have the baddest Ford ever to run the river.:D
actually that would be Turtle. ;)

And at 112 I'd have to yield to your sm blk.......................congrats.

S CP :)

·
1977 Custom Sprint Jet
575 Posts
Thanks for all the congrats!!!! :DWe have worked really hard to get this boat to haul ass!!! Bob ( 2sangers ) and his brother Ward tune on the pump, and I tune on the motor. I'm also the lucky guy that gets to be the pilot!!! This is a team effort. But, I couldnt have dont it without them. My hats off to them for all the hard work!!!!!!!!!:)devil We are pretty proud of the boat, considering we are just a bunch of back yard boat guys! See ya soon!!! Looking forward to meeting ya'll!!!! Later Tim:)hand

·
small block jet
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
actually that would be Turtle. ;)

And at 112 I'd have to yield to your sm blk.......................congrats.

S CP :)
Sleeper, I jumped the gun with that reply. Your Ford powered boat is pretty bad ass for what it can do and how you use it. :)devil

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Sleeper, I jumped the gun with that reply. Your Ford powered boat is pretty bad ass for what it can do and how you use it. :)devil
Understood.....but that's ok I'm good. Thanks though.

What rpms are you spinning it and what impeller cut?

S CP

·
small block jet
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That was with a Berkeley stainless "a", but the rpm is a mystery thanks to driver error. Seems he had such a rush after a few trial launches, he forgot how to make the replay tach work:|err. Not nearly as cool as data collection but the replay tach is a good tool when used properly.
I still think the pump curves are nearly worthless, as no one runs the same clearances at every point in the pump, much less the differences after the bowl.:)bulb

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
but back when the CP was running 102, Farmer John had a 400+ inch small block with about 400hp worth of nitrous that would leave the CP like we were in concrete. That thing hauled-ass and was so "f"ing quick for the first 200 yards it wasn't worth racing for 95% of the people who wanted to race it.
For those who don't think 100+ is possiable with a sm blk they didn't know Farmer John 15 yrs ago. That's all.

S CP :)grn
Jon where you around when Daves Custom boats was new to the scene and had there first Regatta out at Fishers,think it was around 94 or 95?
Anyway,i heard alot about Farmer Jon,but never ran into him at the regatta,but we did run into a boat called "pickle eater" that was supposably top dog..Next thing we know word is out that our nitrous snortin whacker junk is the big target..my buds still to this day laugh about it:)sphss

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Jon where you around when Daves Custom boats was new to the scene and had there first Regatta out at Fishers,think it was around 94 or 95?
We were there...Dave built a 16' boat with a 2.5 Merc on it to beat us. It didn't happen that weekend but once he figured the set-up out that thing kicked ass.

I remember the name "Pickle Eater" but don't remember the boat though. :)bulb

S CP

1 - 20 of 57 Posts