Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We launched on June 11 from Wickliffe, KY on the Mississippi River and covered the entire Ohio River from end to beginning in Pittsburgh, PA. The trip took 5 days, roughly 362 gallons of fuel, and a few small parts that had to be replaced along the way.
I would like to give a HUGE thank you to Winspeed for all of his help thru the entire process of preparing our Daytona from top to bottom, thank you very much. We also got a ton of help from Boatmasters and their crew, thanks.
My brother and his 11 yr old daughter joined us for this adventure and we had a blast.
I will get more pictures up as time allows.
Leaving Pittsburgh tomorrow headed back to Bay area.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Nice trip

Thanks for the update. I was looking and requested fb friend. I actually just caved and signed up for fb on Monday June 13. Mostly for the boat scene in general, but also with your trip in mind. Cool pictures and thanks for sharing. Was navigating the Ohio River fairly simple? Any major hazards? I'm thinking its pretty open and clean for shipping etc.
Thanks again, Darin

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was pretty straight forward with very good channel markers but there are some very shallow spots close to the channel. I bought an Ohio River guidebook by Jerry Hay and it was phenomenal. We made a copy of it after I took all of my notes and put a copy in the truck for my Dad. It worked out great that way. We did the trip without a marine radio which was VERY stupid on my part but wasn't terrible.
I'm in Wyoming after driving 1012 miles today. Going to bed

Attachments

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,966 Posts
It was pretty straight forward with very good channel markers but there are some very shallow spots close to the channel. I bought an Ohio River guidebook by Jerry Hay and it was phenomenal. We made a copy of it after I took all of my notes and put a copy in the truck for my Dad. It worked out great that way. We did the trip without a marine radio which was VERY stupid on my part but wasn't terrible.
I'm in Wyoming after driving 1012 miles today. Going to bed
"Way Cool" have a safe trip. Good Nite. :)hand

1 - 9 of 9 Posts