Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, thanks to Joe Shelfo I either have a great $120 investment or I just burned some meal money; :)bulb

Two Predator carbs for next to nothing, I counldn't say no. Now I just need to clean them up. Who knows maybe they'll show up on the T/R on the dyno one day after a clean-up and rebuild :)bulb :)bulb

S CP :D

Jon

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
you are right tho' I've seen 3 of 'em inline a couple of times- they're supposedly only supposed to flow what the engine demands, so 2 will
be 1860cfm capable- by looking at sleeper's stuff tho' he could prob.
add 2 more:D:)devil

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you need one more..... I hear the Fords are hungry
Well don't think I wouldn't: ;)

Which way is the float bowl supposed to face ? Or better yet does it make a difference in what direction the throttle doors are facing?

got to go out to dinner...talk later...... Jon

S CP ;)

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
I ran a couple of'em on this little gem and they always ran great 10 flat street car at 140.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
I ran a couple of'em on this little gem and they always ran great 10 flat street car at 140.
63' Falcon Futura 2 door post??

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Well, thanks to Joe Shelfo I either have a great $120 investment or I just burned some meal money; :)bulb

Two Predator carbs for next to nothing, I counldn't say no. Now I just need to clean them up. Who knows maybe they'll show up on the T/R on the dyno one day after a clean-up and rebuild :)bulb :)bulb

Jon

Sleeper were jetboaters, everything is a investment the we blow our $$$$ on .. At least thats how I justify it:D

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sleeper were jetboaters, everything is a investment the we blow our $$$$ on .. At least thats how I justify it:D

I hear ya. Sometime down the road hopefully put them on something. They went from Joe's shelf to mine. Maybe a 514" Ford out of space parts. :)bulb

S CP

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Foward facing float bowl. Always. Unless its a dial plane and it proves to be better. Single planes and TR almost always run better with the float bowl foward. And they are really susceptible to the cam being uncovered when it faces backwards.
thanks for the info. I read somewhere that they didn't work well on dual-planes?

Hopefully I'll get them cleaned up and rebuilt and try them on an engine someday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts