Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for GN7
[video]http://www.streetfire.net/video/dyno-pull-1200-hp-twin-turbo-v6-goto-wwwnelsonr_63377.htm[/video]

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what would you use this for? indy car???
It makes more power than your engine does on the spray from 6500-7500, and is much lighter. So why not use it to run those slow azz 9's you like to run?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Maybe Bonneville. Heck, we did a 1K hp single turbo V6 dyno'd at Duttweiler's almost 20yrs ago.
yes, no new news here.....my buddy won hotrods dyno challenge with his Buick grand national......sure would piss all the fat tire blower owners off......lil v6 busting off 1200+ HP numbers.....street car too...

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
It makes more power than your engine does on the spray from 6500-7500, and is much lighter. So why not use it to run those slow azz 9's you like to run?
Big deal. Amazing what impresses some people. How is it, living through everyone else's achievements in stead of your own?

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Big deal. Amazing what impresses some people. How is it, living through everyone else's achievements in stead of your own?
Well I would offer to meet up with you & race one day, but cant remember what it is you race, besides a keyboard.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
really? how could you tell with that fuzzy azzed dyno sheet? I didn't see any numbers below 7500. maybe you could put a sheet up that has numbers people can read. and maybe you should stuff it in your boat so that gullwing wouldn't beat your ass so hard between 11 second passes... :)hand

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
really? how could you tell with that fuzzy azzed dyno sheet? I didn't see any numbers below 7500. maybe you could put a sheet up that has numbers people can read. and maybe you should stuff it in your boat so that gullwing wouldn't beat your ass so hard between 11 second passes... :)hand
Its only Fuzzy to you Bob, its the cataracts. You know they can fix those now. :)hand

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Well I would offer to meet up with you & race one day, but cant remember what it is you race, besides a keyboard.:rolleyes:
Well I've been down the track, quite a few times, in fact. Seems you're the only one racing a keyboard, jr.
Or your mouth.

Hass...why is it that everyone I talk to that has met you tells me what an arrogant prick you are? Seems pretty unanimous. Just wondering. Are they all lying?

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I've been down the track, quite a few times, in fact. Seems you're the only one racing a keyboard, jr.
Or your mouth.

Hass...why is it that everyone I talk to that has met you tells me what an arrogant prick you are? Seems pretty unanimous. Just wondering. Are they all lying?
I've had the same responses about you. Had a few messages about you & some places you USED to work. How is it out in TN anyway?

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
I've had the same responses about you. Had a few messages about you & some places you USED to work. How is it out in TN anyway?
OK, so they're not lying. You're like this in person.
You're lying Hass. I haven't worked for someone else for almost 20yrs and it was one place, not some places.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, so they're not lying. You're like this in person.
You're lying Hass. I haven't worked for someone else for almost 20yrs and it was one place, not some places.
Yeah Ok.

So anyway, why is it again that this 1200hp V-6 could be used in a pos 9 sec jet boat?

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Yeah Ok.

So anyway, why is it again that this 1200hp V-6 could be used in a pos 9 sec jet boat?
Who said it couldn't?? (I think that's what you meant)
I mean...come on, your boat probably runs 9's with about the same power, right? hil:)

Are you off your meds tonight? :indifferent0001:

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Who said it couldn't?? (I think that's what you meant)
I mean...cone on, your boat probably runs 9's with about the same power, right? hil:)

Are you off your meds tonight? :indifferent0001:
Hell, I dont know. The thought never crossed my mind to try to go that slow. You'd have way more experience there than I would.:happy:

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
Yeah Ok.

no cataracts hass. crappy video quality.

the difference is, my measly little 850hp is all in three tenths (0.30) after I hit the throttle. while this thing might make 1200 hp, it won't show up until half track and i'll already be at the other end of the course. that slow azzed engine acceleration works great at Bonneville. not so much in a jetboat on a track...

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no cataracts hass. crappy video quality.

the difference is, my measly little 850hp is all in three tenths (0.30) after I hit the throttle. while this thing might make 1200 hp, it won't show up until half track and i'll already be at the other end of the course. that slow azzed engine acceleration works great at Bonneville. not so much in a jetboat on a track...
Thats were you guys are way behind in knowledge about this stuff. If you think that thing couldnt be at full power well before the starting beam, you are mistaken.

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Hell, I dont know. The thought never crossed my mind to try to go that slow. You'd have way more experience there than I would.:happy:
Hass...any experience is more experience than you have. You're all talk. You bolt a bunch of parts together, throw a bunch of boost at it, and suddenly you're a HP god. It's about as impressive as watching paint dry.
Put the two snail shaped crutches aside and show us your engine building super HP prowess.
I love this saying:
"My engines run good because they want to, not because they're forced to."

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Thats were you guys are way behind in knowledge about this stuff. If you think that thing couldnt be at full power well before the starting beam, you are mistaken.
All you have to do is come out and prove it.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hass...any experience is more experience than you have. You're all talk. You bolt a bunch of parts together, throw a bunch of boost at it, and suddenly you're a HP god. It's about as impressive as watching paint dry.
Put the two snail shaped crutches aside and show us your engine building super HP prowess.
I love this saying:
"My engines run good because they want to, not because they're forced to."
Just keep telling yourself all that if it makes you feel better.
If you guys get together & pat each others backs instead of trying to do it by yourself it wont hurt your elbow like that.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts