·
Premium Member
564 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
boat

I didnt think about it that way, having that mopar in it hell has do at least 120 maybe even fast ha thats funny

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
the 69 440 does have good heads. They can make 400 hp with no problem, stock build with intake an 4 barrel carb. It's just hard finding parts for them, even 20 years ago.

·
A legend to the DNR
1,166 Posts
I would like to see the dyno sheets

:p
That boat would not do 120 MPH even if it went over Niagara Falls.:(:(

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
the 69 440 does have good heads. They can make 400 hp with no problem, stock build with intake an 4 barrel carb. It's just hard finding parts for them, even 20 years ago.
69 440 heads are nothing special, just a 906 casting, which was used from 68-71 on 383s and 440s... but this guy is way full of shit, I dont think one of my stroked, aluminum headed mopars would push that thing to 120... as for Mopar parts being hard to find, youd be surprised, you can pick up a stroker kit for a Mopar for less than a BBC... and theres a ton of aluminum heads on the market now, all at pretty low prices... I think its a cool boat minus the BS... cmon "took out the 426 Hemi because it was too heavy"??? LOL

·
Registered
981 Posts
Here is the sellers response after I questioned him about it.

"The gentleman that I am selling the boat for supplied me with the info on it.I am a dealer not a boat racer but have been told by racers in the area that those speeds are not unheard of for a boat as this."
hil:)hil:)hil:)hil:)hil:)hil:):)LegHump:)LegHump:)

·
Registered
981 Posts
He must have revised his listing, I don't see where it says 120 mph...
It's there...120 mph Fast Boat I guess;);) And 680 on the Dyno??? Man!! Wish my numbers came out that good!

1973 California bult drag and ski boat. Fresh motor,less than 20 hours since built. Dyno's at 680 HP. This is a 1969, 440 Chrysler RTHP. Trick cam and pistons and head work.13 to 1 compression. I know it says 426 Hemi on the back,this is a new motor as the Hemi was too heavy and not as fast.Hull is as solid as the day it was built. Painted 1 year ago. Paint and condition is a 8 on a scale of 1 to 10 Custom built trailer.Full canvas coverto match boat color Boat runs like a bear,120 mph in the quarter mile. This is a prop drive not a jet!!!!! Be the fastest on your lake!!!!!!!!!! Could use a buffing,due to health I can't do it. This is a fun fast boat for skiing,racing,or just cruiseing the lake or river Sold as is. Buyer to arrange pick up or shipping. $2000.00 deposit required by pay-pal within 24 hours of end of auction. Balance within 3 days.this is a no reserve auction.

·
Registered
987 Posts
wow and I thought my tahiti daycruiser was fast...it runs 95mph down I-5 for about 3 hours till I have to pull over and refuel the truck:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts