Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Alloy wheel

Automotive tire Artifact Natural material Metal Wood

Automotive tire Wheel Rim Synthetic rubber Alloy wheel

Helmet Tints and shades Art Metal Personal protective equipment

Helmet Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tints and shades Metal

Tints and shades Snout Close-up Artifact Eyelash

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Got a 12jg pump, got the impeller out of it. the impeller has several distinct grooves in it where it rides on the wear ring, ring has them also but not as bad. the case at the base of the ring/ front side of impeller is chewed up. guess my question is do I need a new impeller and maybe a case?

TIA!

·
Registered
231 Posts
The machined grooves in your wear ring are an old school trick that has since fallen out of favor. Looking at the photos, I would say that you are going to need a replacement impeller and wear ring. The damage to the suction housing, which was probably caused by a bearing failure, looks to be minimal and shouldn't hurt your performance. As long as you aren't going racing, I'd say clean it up a little and run it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for info Heat- its going in my day cruiser so not racing. I have 2 other impellers somewhere i have to dig out that I can clean up and use Im sure. I was more worried about the case being chewed up.

Going to order a “B” overhaul kit and rent all the specialty tools to remove/install. Also, while apart, going to clean/prep for a new paint.
I appreciate your input, thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts