Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have read the posts for #13 in shoemakers section two of us ( Tahiti boss and myself) came up with some pretty interesting thing about the number 13. any way Id like to see what everyone else thinks so I moved it to the right section and get it out of Shoemakers tech fourm. So please read what has already been posted and ad your thoughts. 13 lucky or unlucky, what-cha got?

A Few Facts about 13,
A US dollar bill has:

• 13 levels of the truncated pyramid,
  • 13 stripes on the flag,
  • 13 letters in "E Pluribus Unum",
  • 13 stars above the Eagle,
  • 13 leaves on the olive branch,
  • 13 arrows held by the Eagle, and
  • 13 bars on the shield.

Strauss and Howe named Generation X the 13th Generation. (my generation)

13 Stripes on Ole glory
13 Plutonium Slugs in "Fat man". The atomic bomb dropped on Nagasaki
13 of guns in a salute to U.S. Army, Air Force and Marine Corps Major Generals, and Navy and Coast Guard Admirals.

The number of original colonies (13)
Also a bakers dozen is...how much? oh ya 13

Quote from Tahiti Boss21,

LEGEND HAS IT: If 13 people sit down to dinner together, one will die within the year. The Turks so disliked the number 13 that it was practically expunged from their vocabulary (Brewer, 1894). Many cities do not have a 13th Street or a 13th Avenue. Many buildings don't have a 13th floor. If you have 13 letters in your name, you will have the devil's luck (Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, Theodore Bundy and Albert De Salvo all have 13 letters in their names). There are 13 witches in a coven.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
My cats name was Lucky......he died last month at the age of, you guessed it !3.:happy:

·
Bass Lake Dream'n
3,082 Posts
I took delivery of my Z06 on 1-13-06
My Barron Sprint was known back in the day as Barron 13
The Mango Maddness Bezer I just bought from Mike Darner has Lucky 13 painted on it and the HIN is...13...
Go figure:cuckoo:
Not sure if it's lucky or unlucky, but sure shows up a lot in my toys.

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
I only avoid Friday the 13th.

Besides that; 13 is all good with me. In fact when I am in Vegas, I like to bet on 13 once in awhile
on the roulette wheel. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Most hotels skip the 13th when numbering floors, as many countries feel 13 is an unlucky number.

·
Painter Guy
308 Posts
Workin' out pretty well for Starlin Castro...

·
Administrator
4,741 Posts
Is it bad of me that I have no idea who any of these people are?
No, but you ought to learn who they are.

Gregory Peck was one of the best actors this country has ever known, and one of the world's most popular film stars between the 1940s and the 1960s. He won the Best Actor Oscar for To Kill a Mockingbird. (Let me guess—you've never heard of that either.) In 1999, the American Film Institute named Peck among the Greatest Male Stars of All Time, ranking at #12.

William Holden was also a wildly popular film star from roughly the same time period. He won the Academy Award for Best Actor in 1954 and the Emmy Award for Best Actor in 1974. He starred in some of the most popular and critically acclaimed films of all time, including such blockbusters as Sunset Boulevard, The Bridge on the River Kwai, The Wild Bunch, The Towering Inferno, Network and other movies you have undoubtedly never heard of.

Sal Mineo starred opposite James Dean in the film Rebel Without a Cause (1955). He was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor on two occasions, once for his role in Rebel Without a Cause, and also for his role in Exodus.

Minnie Riperton was an R&B singer from the 1970s whose #1 smash hit "Lovin' You" showcased her incredible five-and-a-half-octave range. Both Mineo and Riperton died young—he was 37, she was only 31.

Woody Hayes was was an American football player and coach. During his 28 seasons as the head coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes football program, Hayes' teams won five national championships, captured 13 Big Ten Conference titles and amassed a record of 205–61–10. Despite his great achievements at Ohio State, Hayes' coaching career ended when he was fired after striking an opposing player during the 1978 Gator Bowl. He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame as a coach in 1983.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts