Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BOOMER SOONER
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
running a 1310 drive line now,, want to upgrade to 1350 .. do i need to upgrade the pump shaft as well or will it work with the stock shaft .. thanks jerry

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
running a 1310 drive line now,, want to upgrade to 1350 .. do i need to upgrade the pump shaft as well or will it work with the stock shaft .. thanks jerry
The spline pattern on both is the same...however, if you're upgrading the H-joint shaft I don't see why you wouldn't upgrade the pump shaft as well.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I've done this for a comp jet boat and it is a pain in the ass to get the yoke....they wants lots a loot....those fockers.:(:(

·
TEN THIRTY ONE
1,293 Posts
You will be fine running your 1310's if they are in good condition. The majority of us that race are running the 1310's into 1000+ hp with no issues. 1350's are overkill, heavy and expensive if not needed.

·
655 Posts
The 1350 that I got from Rex is about 1/2" longer than the 1310 that I had, so think about that.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
The 1350 that I got from Rex is about 1/2" longer than the 1310 that I had, so think about that.
yep, the mid section is alot beefier on the 1350 and would require the motor to move forward a tad. ya don't want the shaft to be bottomed out in the pump, bad things happen that way;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts