Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Man, those hillbillys must have been drinking some good moonshine if they thought that Rogers was going 145mph! With a 24" diameter prop on a single Arneson, I doubt they ever ran over 45mph before the torque of that single huge surfacing prop took over any control they thought they were going to have of that little v-bottom. The shit you see on the internet, hilarious!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Well not to pop your bubble but that is a early hemi, aka 331,354,392. not a 426 hemi....and the blower on that one is a 6-71 not a 8-71..... but other than that it looks nice...

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Well not to pop your bubble but that is a early hemi, aka 331,354,392. not a 426 hemi....and the blower on that one is a 6-71 not a 8-71..... but other than that it looks nice...
Saw that too eh?
Cassell v-drive? Not with a 1:83 overdrive its not. Maybe 1:83 UNDERDRIVE??? 24 X 29 prop? WTF! Must live close to the scrape ship yards.
No shot of it doing 145? I was looking forward to seeing what a Rogers looks like at 145.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
536 Posts
Those boats were very nicely done. The turbine took a lot of thought to get it together & work right. As for safety it should have a whirlaway & a drive shaft cover. Keep up the good work. It is nice to see someone thinking outside the box & making it happen. RACERICK

·
1,814 Posts
maybey if i set my entire hull in the water it would go faster too :)sphss, 7 second 0-100 ?:lmao1: i talked to a guy at the drags with one & it wouldn't even do 100mph let alone 145:no:

·
Registered
222 Posts
wow! a 1350 hp big block and a well prepped dominator would make that a bitchin candidate for busbys bring the noise thread!

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
The turbine looks like it would be an interesting project but the Arneson was a bad choice for a drive.
There have been other projects like that and I never saw one that worked good with that prop 3' behind the boat.
You can see in the video there is so much tail lift that the boat never airs out. Especially with that freighter prop on there. The bow is plowing the whole time.

A standard V drive setup would have been a better drive choice.

I wonder how they came up with those wild ass top end and accelleration numbers because there's no way that boat did those.

·
Banned
861 Posts
wow! a 1350 hp big block and a well prepped dominator would make that a bitchin candidate for busbys bring the noise thread!
Cept for the swim step, o.g. ski tow, and strippers. Plus looks alittle shallow of the 21' length. Yeah!:)hand

·
Registered
84 Posts
Love those seats!

At least you won't get whiplash! Those custom one of aluminum highbacks look right at home on that boat, or any 145 mph boat for that matter. A+ for engineering though, someone sure spent a lot of time and money on this thing. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts