Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what kind of speeds people are seeing with what engine and pump set up combos... thanks Wally

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mines a 85 bubble deck.(looks the same) I run in the mid 80's with a 550-600hp and a g bowl, stuffer plate droop and nozzle restricter(red) no ride plate or shoe.. Just put a 2* wedge up and have not ran it again.. Is this about all I'll get?? Will a diverter help. the boat seems wet at speed...

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a 79 bubble deck and it runs high 80s with droop, place diverter, A impellar. 454 built. single carb demon. i have a high rise but havent tried it out yet

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Mines a 85 bubble deck.(looks the same) I run in the mid 80's with a 550-600hp and a g bowl, stuffer plate droop and nozzle restricter(red) no ride plate or shoe.. Just put a 2* wedge up and have not ran it again.. Is this about all I'll get?? Will a diverter help. the boat seems wet at speed...
Pretty respectable , "potential" has alot to do with Delta bottom vs radius Tom

·
steelcomp was here
26,526 Posts
My tunnel ran 116..does that count?:)hand

·
WERD!
792 Posts
19ft Bahner
Stock Impeller
StockPump
No Droop
No Wedge
Place Diverter
Some Hokie Intake Grate
Pump Gas 454
Rect Port Heads
Solid Flat Tappet Cam
Tunnel Ram w/2 650's

Boat went 82 MPH On a GPS NUMEROUS TIMES

Since then have added a Wedge,Droop and Extreme Loader Intake Grate. Few minor engine changes but nothing drastic. Boat rides on the rocker with the droop and wedge way better then ever. Intake Grate made a noticable difference in getting water to the jet as it use to cavitate with the old one. Haven't GPS'ed it since. Should have some numbers out of it mid Jun.

Would like to see 85-86 out of it :)devil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts