Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr Wilkes,
I have been seriously thinking about purchasing a new 19' cougar MTR cat.My question is this,I would have nothing but a v-drive period,but how does the v-drive work with the shape of the bottom of the MTR or for that matter the daytona eliminator.Do they handle well?Turn,flaton out.Do you use a override plate system?If so does it work effecient?
I currently own a nice sanger flatbottom,well I say currently but I have been in this boat and now own it for more than 34 years.I am a flatty person thru and thru.
But I spend alot of time down at shasta lake and well you know as being a flatty driver rough water just beats the living crap out of you and your boat.
I am looking into this style of cat because of that....not to mention you can bring a few friends along with some minor comfort.
But there is no sence in buying something that doesn't handle well....Oh by the way,I have a motor that is dynod at just under 1000 hp.So I am looking to run in the mid 90's....again safely!!!
Thank you for your reply and answers.
Sincerely, Rob

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
Mr Wilkes,
I have been seriously thinking about purchasing a new 19' cougar MTR cat.My question is this,I would have nothing but a v-drive period,but how does the v-drive work with the shape of the bottom of the MTR or for that matter the daytona eliminator.Do they handle well?Turn,flaton out.Do you use a override plate system?If so does it work effecient?
I currently own a nice sanger flatbottom,well I say currently but I have been in this boat and now own it for more than 34 years.I am a flatty person thru and thru.
But I spend alot of time down at shasta lake and well you know as being a flatty driver rough water just beats the living crap out of you and your boat.
I am looking into this style of cat because of that....not to mention you can bring a few friends along with some minor comfort.
But there is no sence in buying something that doesn't handle well....Oh by the way,I have a motor that is dynod at just under 1000 hp.So I am looking to run in the mid 90's....again safely!!!
Thank you for your reply and answers.
Sincerely, Rob
I have a 19 Cougar MTR and was going with a blown big block untill the engine deal went south. I put 300XS on it and it runs 108 mph with 2 - 260# guys and fuel for 120 miles, just my two cents of info:)hand

1 - 2 of 2 Posts