Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at buying a 19 foot Daytona minus motor and pump... The bottom has been modified and had the spoon added to it .. but the intake is not installed... My question is who in the Norcal area is qualified to setup a intake on a Daytona.. Id like the person to know these boats intimately as Ill need advise on the entire setup ect... If Jeff Bennett was not so far Id take it to him... and finally what do you think the cost will be??

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Im looking at buying a 19 foot Daytona minus motor and pump... The bottom has been modified and had the spoon added to it .. but the intake is not installed... My question is who in the Norcal area is qualified to setup a intake on a Daytona.. Id like the person to know these boats intimately as Ill need advise on the entire setup ect... If Jeff Bennett was not so far Id take it to him... and finally what do you think the cost will be??
Not quite sure if there is anyone up north that would setup a Daytona. Is this a boat you have already purchased. Greg

·
Administrator
16,877 Posts
You should update the keel before doing anything.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greg.. its a deal I cant pass up.. not for the price.. the keel has had the modification.. But Id like a qualified person to make sure its right.. So Shoe... How much if I drag it to you?? (you built the pump for my Eliminator Scorpion a few years back.. you may remember as I kept knocking the wear ring out of it.. :)devil).... I have the intake already.. and I have a line on a nice pump...... Joe burns..

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Greg.. its a deal I cant pass up.. not for the price.. the keel has had the modification.. But Id like a qualified person to make sure its right.. So Shoe... How much if I drag it to you?? (you built the pump for my Eliminator Scorpion a few years back.. you may remember as I kept knocking the wear ring out of it.. :)devil).... I have the intake already.. and I have a line on a nice pump...... Joe burns..
Joe do you know any history on the boat? Who did the bottom? Has the boat been used as a race boat?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The person who did the hull owns his own shop here in northern cal. It has not been raced. I know a bit of its past... just been a lake boat.. guess it ran 120 with a stout BBC but then he pulled the intake to use a shorter one or set it back.. and started to glass the front of the opening in for it..

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
What kind of intake do you plan on installing?

Be safe, schick

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's one area I need advise on.. Will the one I have work??..I don't know the answers.. So I try and ask the right questions.....

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Is it a berkelet? If so post a casting number. As posted /\ pictures are the best.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Seems like a no brainer to me, you have a history of dealing with shoemaker and he has a history of making daytonas haul ass! Just my 2 cents but thats where i would be headed

·
Registered
829 Posts
pics help, but daytonas can go anywhere from $4,500-15K for the package without motor. I will say color options/ bottom/ pump, ect.. have a lot to do with the price. I paid $5,900 for a nice orange one with a nice pump and looked at one that was beat to crap for $5,500.. a lot of variables..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts