Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got to love lsx power. I'm building a 2001 Camaro with a texas speed 404 and a pt88. Shooting for 900hp at the wheels.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
WaaaaaaaaaaaaaBAM How could that possibly happen. Wanna bet the piston wear DID NOT come as a result of the rod tweek?

Its like driving 150 down the straight at Indy in a stock SS Camaro and not slowing down for the corner. Sure, the car goes that fast. But that doesn't mean you should try that. Things could get ugly.

Just because you can, doesn't mean it will work!

I'v seen junk yard 5.0 Make more than 750HP with nothing more than heads, cam, manifold, and a fogger. It actually lasted for 4 1/4 mile runs. Whoopie!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
310 Posts
WaaaaaaaaaaaaaBAM How could that possibly happen. Wanna bet the piston wear DID NOT come as a result of the rod tweek?

Its like driving 150 down the straight at Indy in a stock SS Camaro and not slowing down for the corner. Sure, the car goes that fast. But that doesn't mean you should try that. Things could get ugly.

Just because you can, doesn't mean it will work!

I'v seen junk yard 5.0 Make more than 750HP with nothing more than heads, cam, manifold, and a fogger. It actually lasted for 4 1/4 mile runs. Whoopie!
He's upgrading the rods and looking to solve cap walk now.

Honestly though, almost 2000hp with off the shelf rods/pistons is pretty damn good.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts

Honestly though, almost 2000hp with off the shelf rods/pistons is pretty damn good.
on hyd rollers to boot! you're waste'n your time talkin pro's of lsx to the resident lsx hater;) bet when he changes rods and pistons it breaks the 2k mark easily, he said he'll be revvin to 8000 now :)grn:)grn

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

Did read the post about the NOS 5.0 did you. Rods amke power? Piston material make power.
I'd love to build a 351 W with tin turbos to shut you guys up. Problem is, it would probably live:)hand

Impatient, did you know if you jump off the Sears tower in Chicago, you can fly. For awhile anyways. But until you can land in N.Y., iam not impressed. Until one of these things shows its self outside of drag racing at the HP levels your throwing around, its nothing more than a alloy grenade

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
310 Posts
Did read the post about the NOS 5.0 did you. Rods amke power? Piston material make power.
I'd love to build a 351 W with tin turbos to shut you guys up. Problem is, it would probably live:)hand

Impatient, did you know if you jump off the Sears tower in Chicago, you can fly. For awhile anyways. But until you can land in N.Y., iam not impressed. Until one of these things shows its self outside of drag racing at the HP levels your throwing around, its nothing more than a alloy grenade
Put words in my mouth why don't you. I was referring that I'm surprised that off the shelf rods/pistons made it to almost 2000hp before giving up the ghost. Well the Callies Compstar rods (rated at only 1100hp) didn't but they put up a good fight if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize this was an exercise to see how much power you COULD make before something took a shit. Carry on. If you blow up any more stuff with excessive amount of boost, please remember to post them as well. May I suggest a Lunati crank with a 2.2 rod pin and some BBC rods. Oh wait. Why not just build a BBC and be done with it.:D
Not my setup, its some guy's in Sweden :p

My guess is he built the motor and got carried away.

If I were to build 2000hp LSx motor, It would be an RHS Alum LSx block with CCW crank, and Oliver Billet rods (with custom pistons of course). Plenty of guys going fast with LSx parts :)grn
Best thing about LSx stuff is the square port heads are pretty much BBC territory as far as flow goes. Stock blocks also are good up to ~1700 or so hp with the right block (iron or LS2 I know for sure).
They also have a main journal of ~2.6 so they are better than Gen 1 SBC also (except for 400 mains).

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Not my setup, its some guy's in Sweden :p

My guess is he built the motor and got carried away.

If I were to build 2000hp LSx motor, It would be an RHS Alum LSx block with CCW crank, and Oliver Billet rods (with custom pistons of course). Plenty of guys going fast with LSx parts :)grn
Best thing about LSx stuff is the square port heads are pretty much BBC territory as far as flow goes. Stock blocks also are good up to ~1700 or so hp with the right block (iron or LS2 I know for sure).
They also have a main journal of ~2.6 so they are better than Gen 1 SBC also (except for 400 mains).
You were grinning when you posted that right. I mean you really knew better didn't you. And I is a RHS LSX block at 9.750(less than a head gasket difference to a BBC) still a small block? Or is it nothing more than a puny bore big block?
Wow. A whole 2.6 on the mains. That sure as hell will put it right up there with the BBC in the strength department now won't it. So whats the stroke on that LSX to get it to the same cid as a BBC. Wanna try to convince me the same companies that make 4.00 BBC cranks can some how build a LS 4.25 stroke crank and manage to make it stronger? Yes the mains are .100 larger than a Gen I. And nobody ever tried to stroke a Gen I past 4.00". LS guys feel perfectly comfortable at 4.5. With 4.625 available to the brainless. Still feel the crank is that strong do you? Well I'm happy you feel that way. Build away!
14º version for 706" and NOS.

Specifications:
> 11x6 Intake Valve Angle
> 2.52" Intake - 1.8" Exhaust Valves
> 55cc to 76cc Chambers
> Flows 550 to 570+ cfm depending on application> Pro-Stock Port & Valve Seat Technology
> Fits Both Cast Single 4 & Tunnel Ram Intakes
> Several port CnC Programs
> Custom Built for Your Application
> Fits 4.84" Standard Bore Space Blocks
> Sheet-Metal Intake Packages Available

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
you know, in another thread you said you were going to stop responding to anything related to LSx engines. could you please follow through with that? everyone already knows you think the BBC is always better. But it seems to me nobody even cares to respond to any comments anymore because of you. There are plenty of lurkers on this board that have a bunch of LSx experience and knowledge, both in racing, marine, and street car use.....you don't have any. So for the sake of those that do want to gain some knowledge and have a decent coversation about the LS platform in a marine application, please stop. Thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think the video and technology is cool. It's a shame everyone has to turn something positive into a pissing match. I run Big Blocks, but what was done there was pretty neat, that might be able to be retrofitted to a late model Camaro, etc. Congrats, even if all don't appreciate the effort!;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
You were grinning when you posted that right. I mean you really knew better didn't you. And I is a RHS LSX block at 9.750(less than a head gasket difference to a BBC) still a small block? Or is it nothing more than a puny bore big block?
Wow. A whole 2.6 on the mains. That sure as hell will put it right up there with the BBC in the strength department now won't it. So whats the stroke on that LSX to get it to the same cid as a BBC. Wanna try to convince me the same companies that make 4.00 BBC cranks can some how build a LS 4.25 stroke crank and manage to make it stronger? Yes the mains are .100 larger than a Gen I. And nobody ever tried to stroke a Gen I past 4.00". LS guys feel perfectly comfortable at 4.5. With 4.625 available to the brainless. Still feel the crank is that strong do you? Well I'm happy you feel that way. Build away!
14º version for 706" and NOS.

Specifications:
> 11x6 Intake Valve Angle
> 2.52" Intake - 1.8" Exhaust Valves
> 55cc to 76cc Chambers
> Flows 550 to 570+ cfm depending on application> Pro-Stock Port & Valve Seat Technology
> Fits Both Cast Single 4 & Tunnel Ram Intakes
> Several port CnC Programs
> Custom Built for Your Application
> Fits 4.84" Standard Bore Space Blocks
> Sheet-Metal Intake Packages Available

I'm not talking huge dollar mountain motors with pro stock (non-traditional BBC) heads :|err

A ported LS7 head can put the hurtin on a decent rectangle port aftermarket BBC head.

I wouldn't build a tall deck LSx anyway, no need. With boost you don't need 900 cubes. Under 440" is fine with me.

If cubes are so important, why did David Wolfe (fastest car on radials) step DOWN to 530 cube BBC anyway? and hes running twin 94mm turbos.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
you know, in another thread you said you were going to stop responding to anything related to LSx engines. could you please follow through with that? everyone already knows you think the BBC is always better. But it seems to me nobody even cares to respond to any comments anymore because of you. There are plenty of lurkers on this board that have a bunch of LSx experience and knowledge, both in racing, marine, and street car use.....you don't have any. So for the sake of those that do want to gain some knowledge and have a decent coversation about the LS platform in a marine application, please stop. Thanks

Andrew
Because I thought this thread was about bench racing. Thats all this is isn't it. Just bench racing. nobody has ever actually accomplished anything at all with one of these have they. Its all purely speculative at this point. Kind of a woulda coulda shoulda type of thing. If I boost it to 60 psi, and run it on 95% nitro, and hit with a fogger, :))eek:)) look out Force!

But first, run it on your Desk Top Dyno. Thats where all the good BS bench racing starts. But it usually ends in the recycling bin.

·
Registered
506 Posts
But first, run it on your Desk Top Dyno. Thats where all the good BS bench racing starts. But it usually ends in the recycling bin.[/QUOTE]
You mean this desk top dyno thing does not work Bob?:))eek:)) Well I guess I should scrap my enduro motor and start all over. SHIT.........hil:)

·
1,814 Posts
I think the video and technology is cool. It's a shame everyone has to turn something positive into a pissing match. I run Big Blocks, but what was done there was pretty neat, that might be able to be retrofitted to a late model Camaro, etc. Congrats, even if all don't appreciate the effort!;)
think about the the handleing aspect of things. 1500 reliable (?) hp with a lightweight motor in a hotrod! it would definately help my 54 gmc out in the turns over a big block.gas milage!?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts