Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the process of rebuilding this engine i noticed that my left exhaust manifold has developed a 7 inch crack horizontal within the top accent recess of the aluminum manifold. This appears to be in just the outer jacket of the manifold but may not be repairable. I'm wondering if anyone knows of where a replacement manifold might be found; looking for any helpful suggestions.
1966 421 HO Pontiac with Edelbrock M3 Exhaust Manafold 2.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
In the process of rebuilding this engine i noticed that my left exhaust manifold has developed a 7 inch crack horizontal within the top accent recess of the aluminum manifold. This appears to be in just the outer jacket of the manifold but may not be repairable. I'm wondering if anyone knows of where a replacement manifold might be found; looking for any helpful suggestions.
View attachment 153034
The crack visable on the outside can be easily repaired and likely will not even show its the possibilty of an internal crack that I would be concerned with , you may want to consider making a "test plate" to pressure test the manifolds while checking/repairing/testing Tom

BTW Very cool Old Tri Power setup !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts