·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1969 De Marco flatbottom and trailer

less engine

Floors and stringers solid

Top notch rigging
matching Hull Craft throttle pedal, shift lever & quadrant .

#3 out of the mold.

Rebuilt v-drive (have reciept) new bearings, shafts, seal,
No gears, no prop (had 1.09 gears & a 3blade--not really correct for bbc anyway)

Have driveshaft

Uncut dash

Glass tanks

Had boat out on water 2 months ago---

Los Angeles county sticker from 1974-1975
Bass lake pass sticker from 1990

Current 2015 registration

Trailer roadworthy, good tires, has a good look.

A great start for your flatbottom project

Have title for boat and trailer in my name---no funny dmv stuff!

$2800.00

Bill

408-482-6369

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Bill how is the paint/ gel coat. I have wanted something a little more on the nostalgic side for a while. It would be nice to have a nice wood deck like yours but that won't happen any time soon. Just looking for something that would not need a restoration.
John

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The gelcoat is faded & would need something to present well. I was thinking of getting into it....but going full blast on the wood deck right now.

was thinking you could spray a tented clear.... Like a candy blue ....over the gelcoat....would bring out the correct color & smoothness. Wouldn't take much to re do the scallops....or sand em off.

The hull design is killer though & rigging needs nothing. Would be bad ass "cleaned up" a little.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Demarco

Does it have a 10* or 12* box in it?

Thanks

Paul

·
Lookout I'm Crankin it Baby
6,576 Posts
I am going to be yelled at...but this is not a DiMarco hull...This is a wickens...and I will ask one question..does it have a wooden batten that runs down the side of the hull...like from transom to the deck...and also..is there any wood in the transom of the boat or is it solid glass...and by the way Billy...the Stevens is over the top cool now...it was cool before but now...Krazy Kool as Billy B would say..

Vehicle Water transportation Speedboat Bass boat Boat

Water transportation Speedboat Vehicle Boat Boating

Vehicle Car Boating Boat Classic car

Vehicle Boat Speedboat Naval architecture Watercraft

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Classic car Classic

Vehicle Water transportation Speedboat Boat Boating

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive exterior

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am going to be yelled at...but this is not a DiMarco hull...This is a wickens...and I will ask one question..does it have a wooden batten that runs down the side of the hull...like from transom to the deck...and also..is there any wood in the transom of the boat or is it solid glass...and by the way Billy...the Stevens is over the top cool now...it was cool before but now...Krazy Kool as Billy B would say..

Thanks rattle can ---glad u are diggin the Stevens ---/

Previous owner described it as a Di Marco....so that's where I'm getting it from..

will check those hull details when I get home tonight .

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok rattle can

i checked on a couple things

transom has wood----wood does not appear to go all the way up to the top of the back of the boat---maybe piece of wood glassed onto a fibber glass transom ...?

there is a number "103 " written in black pen on inside of port side of transom under the glass .

inside sides of boat are smooth---no 1/2 round reinforcement material.

the drop down gunnel area sure does look like your wickens boat pics though.

Heres an under bow shot.

seats need new skins

previous owner stated the black sticker reminance seen on gunnel was a Di Marco logo.

give give me a call if u have any questions

thanks

billy

408-482-6369

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Ok rattle can

i checked on a couple things

transom has wood----wood does not appear to go all the way up to the top of the back of the boat---maybe piece of wood glassed onto a fibber glass transom ...?

there is a number "103 " written in black pen on inside of port side of transom under the glass .

inside sides of boat are smooth---no 1/2 round reinforcement material.

the drop down gunnel area sure does look like your wickens boat pics though.

Heres an under bow shot.

seats need new skins

previous owner stated the black sticker reminance seen on gunnel was a Di Marco logo.

give give me a call if u have any questions

thanks

billy

408-482-6369
Well....It doesn't look like a Wickens to me. The cap around the deck turns in right at the notch in the gunnel. Looks like in the pics that Mike posted of the Wickens it turns in a few inches behind the notch...
RCL ? can you see it? LOL
Vehicle Car
Vehicle Boat Car Automotive exterior Speedboat

Vehicle Water transportation Speedboat Boat Boating

·
6,576 Posts
Yes Sir Duke...I see that..I would, in summation, say this might be the weirdest deal I have seen in a long. long time...I have NEVER seen a DiMarco hull that resembles a Wickens..and the plywood test in the transom is not conclusive nor the batten down the side...but I will go away and just wonder..

We know for a fact that boats were splashed left and right..and a small change such as the gunnel..would suffice in a court of law...but Wow it's weird.

We have a jet bote running around up here that looks like a Sanger bublble deck hull...but at the transom it's totally different..it's another mystery hull that I have never seen...but everybody says it's a Sanger...but it's not..just a splash and change boat..

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Yes Sir Duke...I see that..I would, in summation, say this might be the weirdest deal I have seen in a long. long time...I have NEVER seen a DiMarco hull that resembles a Wickens..and the plywood test in the transom is not conclusive nor the batten down the side...but I will go away and just wonder..

We know for a fact that boats were splashed left and right..and a small change such as the gunnel..would suffice in a court of law...but Wow it's weird.

We have a jet bote running around up here that looks like a Sanger bublble deck hull...but at the transom it's totally different..it's another mystery hull that I have never seen...but everybody says it's a Sanger...but it's not..just a splash and change boat..

For real?

:D

·
6,576 Posts
For real?

:D
Carl...it just means on this one thread on this one boat..I will go away..meaning..no more guesses on what it might be...

and while I'm here...last night..I had a talk with a high ranking v-drive expert..all knowing and all seeing...held in high esteem by his constituents..and his opinion...well, he says the first DiMarco was a splash of a Hondo runner bottom and that as far as HE knows...all DiMarco's (with the exclusion of Hydro and Day Cruiser)..were all runner bottoms...OK OK...I'm truly going away..

Either way..this is a cool project for a DIY guy and I want to be that guy...but I have four years worth of projects already ahead of me...and I'm fricken old...already.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Dimarco

Dimarco made his own flat bottom , he teamed up with Kurtis for a short time, they were the same hull for a while, Dimarco would put different steps in the mold for different runner bottoms, when he came out with the T deck, he used a Cole runner bottom as the plug for his t deck with a few upgrades.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
SE or Nostalgia 95...... would this hull be a good, competitive choice for those classes? Seems like the transom width and flatness would be favorable. Is this a runner bottom or true flat? Just curious, not a buyer. Really nice looking piece regardless, wish I could add it to the list but I've already taken a few shots across the bow, the last one's still ringing in my ears. Good luck with the sale.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.