Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· My only boat since 1975
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
10/2014: I still have this. I ran it a couple of weeks ago. This is ready to run, not a project. It's a little old, the interior is getting tired, the paint has some flaws, the pump is tired, but it runs. There's a lot of value in this deal at $2,500. Run it till it blows, and it still has a $750 trailer, a $500 SS impeller, and engine rigging.

1970 Weiman. I am the second owner; purchased in 1976 from my next door neighbor. Hull was originally purple flake ("Jubilee"?) with a BK white custom-cap. The bottom from the chine down is still purple, but badly faded on the bow. The LP white paint, interior, carpets and floors were all renewed in 1992. It has been stored undercover, and been used about two times a year since.

Engine is a 327/365hp. 11:1 compression, 780cfm Holley, 462 'camel hump' heads, large Isky hyd cam. Engine has about 250 hours since overhaul, less than 50 on heads and cam. 800 hours total on boat. Gauges and wiring renewed in 92, no issues with start-and-charge.
Berkely 12JBAHSS pump. Stainless impeller. Engine runs 4,300 RPM WOT, 52mph 2-way on GPS. 4.5 GPH average skiing, running, and playing.

Trailer is the original single axle Walstrong that it came on. Was restored and painted white epoxy in 1994. Still in good condition, no rust, all lights work, tires OK. Older Camaro 5-spoke wheels, with a Chevrolet 4.75 bolt-circle.

These pictures were taken on June 26, 2009. The seat cushions are starting to crack. The paint has some chips and flaws. The bottom is not badly "beached", minor gel-coat loss at bow; has not worn to the laminates. Mechanical is pretty good, it ran fine June 18-21, 2011. [edit: Fuel tank leaks repaired in 2011. References to tank leaks removed].

Tags and taxes are current. I'm not too sure how to price it, but it's not a project; it can ski tomorrow. So $2,500, located in Torrance, CA. Don't overlook the 4.5 GPH fuel burn. This thing is frugal. After 35 years, it's time to ski behind a friends' boat. If a vintage Weiman intrigues you, leave a PM. I still check in every day.

· Registered
284 Posts
some of the pics not working for me. looks like the color scheme of my dads '70 rogers. i have been looking for one but need my promotion at work first. :mad:

15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
some of the pics not working for me. looks like the color scheme of my dads '70 rogers. i have been looking for one but need my promotion at work first. :mad:
Your avitar looks like a Rogers / Weiman. edit: I just looked at the boat in your album. Very nice. And the purple color looks familiar. Here's a link to the photobucket album.

15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1970 Weiman

It's been a couple of years. I still own this boat and had it out again for our annual Moabi trip in June. It ran flawlessly, and still lo0oked good on the water. I edited the original post to reflect it's current condition. price remains the same at $4,000. All-considered, that's a real-world 25% reduction in price as regards to the value of a USD in 2011 compared to 2009. Thanks for reading. I was surprised the pics still worked.

15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have to admit if it was the original color i would be all over it!! still a good looking boat tho
Bottom half still is. I did the paint and interior 20 years ago because the deck and original BK lacquer paint was history. The boat was not usable, and not worth the gas to tow it to the dump. At the time, I was trying to get a few more years of service out of it in leiu of buying another boat. Long before "restoring" these was in fashion. I had no idea I would still own it 20 years later back when I did the "re-do".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.