Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
20,029 Posts
jerk...it wont allow me to down load or see the pics unless i sign up....

·
Registered
20,029 Posts
ahhhh what the hell just another site to spam my flatbottoms and parts on.............ill do it......im going in..............:p

·
Registered
20,029 Posts

·
Registered
20,029 Posts
jerk r those matching seats or r they 2 diff styles....i might know of a potential buyer:D

just less motor ?

motor plates included ?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
700 pounder give or take 20...

That's why its still alive! There is no serial numbers so we believe its a very early one and a close relative of the original 'Gone Broke'. Motor plates are polished, 12 degree Casale split with 12%, 15%, OR 18% with shaft release. New Auto Meter gauges and original wide face dash mount tach + deck tell tale. 18 gallon Coast Guard approved fuel tank, narrow stringers, steel 9 degree strut with brace, new trunk lid by Harlan, and Stellings 11 1/4 X 14 prop. Only one seat comes with. Drive line shield and flywheel cover are chrome with 1350 HD drive line. Boat needs nothing but an engine to run legal Nostalgia. Speed coated bottom and prop burst plate. This is flywheel driven and it turns with the best Laveys currently racing thanks to George Nordling.

It won this heat and the next race. A mild pump gas 427 pushes it high 80s. Incidently, Paul Grichar approved of our Lavey using 'Gone Broke Again'.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jerk r those matching seats or r they 2 diff styles....i might know of a potential buyer:D

just less motor ?

motor plates included ?
Yes, yes, and yes, plates have been water cut with both historic racing numbers. I just finished them for Burley to make it pretty for Paul as well as alot of other cosmetic fixes. At 5600 and 15s it runs consistant 79.9s. Boat handles rough water very well and turns on a dime. Robin and I hate to part with her but we are done racing. It won two Championships with her driving, Jerry has video.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Paul approves and Win Phillips (Wild Hare) wanted to drive it

Here Paul is checking her out. Dont know what actual race history is other than starting Nostalgia in 2001. The boat is orange and blue under the red paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
981 Posts
Nice boat!
What's next Boyd? Hanging it up and gonna stick with the Daycruiser? Or are you gonna "step up" your race program and get a B Boat?;):D:D:)hand:)hand

Sorry Boyd, couldn't resist ;) Good luck with the sale. It's a nice boat and well worth what you're asking for it.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Jim

You should have come to some races, this boat gave out 20+ rides and everyone enjoyed her. Robin even gave her sister a long ride.
I priced it rock bottom since we really need room especially if we have another snow filled winter. My Chevelle and 63 will soon be home. Dont want it outside after the great times we shared. If I cant get what the hardware is worth, I'll part it out and this wonderful 42 year old will be hanging on display in my new garage ceiling.

Jokers found here sometimes be little Laveys and the limping we drivers are supposed to be doing, this boat has proven them wrong! Just ask our competition, this boat runs well with just a dab of horsepower and wins in Nostalgia or makes a good ski boat.

Finally, do-bs should look at trading theirs for REVENGE! There IS only SO many different ways to color b-boats so they dont all look alike! Kind of like earth toned houses all in a row, they probably have one of them also.......

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Amazing!

Well that cleared the tire kicking doo-bs out! Now let's make a deal before I part it out for more $s.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Talk about a jerk....this will leave a mark.

Yes, I see your point and heres your question: Why hide a diamond, isnt it supposed to be shown instead of hidden in a jewelry box,or colored with pretty pearls & flake, or in your case, a dusty garage. Taken out, I assume, once a year for wash and wax or a RARE spin around the pond when it was created to be race boat and raced! I dont get it, why have jewelry and not wear it or a b-boat and just brag about having one?! I'm not saying everyone does, but it sure seems to be lots around here!

APBA Vintage flat class can be run NOW or Endurance or better yet get a jet boat, they are cheap and you wont ding the prop. Sorry jet folks, you have a great Comp jet class, better than Nostalgia flat. You rock!

Aw there I go again preaching to the choir who wear tons of jewels and buy lots of clear coat base coat and climate controlled shops! And their boats sit.

I forgot, Jullian said his old b-boats should be in a rest mode......he never meant them to last so long or still be racing. Maybe they should sit! Safer! And at the price some of them bring, investments like b-s or diamonds should stay in protective boxes!

Our boat was used and being well built and HEAVY, its ready for the same use by someone else. Race it or speed scare your friends. Sure the j-drains leak some and it's hard to dock but you cant find a better all around boat for the price, even at a hock shop, or at your famous RIVER.

A Lavey has a one of a kind shape and bottom that makes them fast and manuverable. A narrow transom and lots of rocker front to back and side to side. Dont take my word for it, ask some of the Champions from the 70s.

They are a kick to drive and I am proud to say, I raced one. They are NOT for everyone especially uncordinated idiots!

765 Posts
Yes, I see your point and heres your question: Why hide a diamond, isnt it supposed to be shown instead of hidden in a jewelry box,or colored with pretty pearls & flake, or in your case, a dusty garage. Taken out, I assume, once a year for wash and wax or a RARE spin around the pond when it was created to be race boat and raced! I dont get it, why have jewelry and not wear it or a b-boat and just brag about having one?! I'm not saying everyone does, but it sure seems to be lots around here!

APBA Vintage flat class can be run NOW or Endurance or better yet get a jet boat, they are cheap and you wont ding the prop. Sorry jet folks, you have a great Comp jet class, better than Nostalgia flat. You rock!

Aw there I go again preaching to the choir who wear tons of jewels and buy lots of clear coat base coat and climate controlled shops! And their boats sit.

I forgot, Jullian said his old b-boats should be in a rest mode......he never meant them to last so long or still be racing. Maybe they should sit! Safer! And at the price some of them bring, investments like b-s or diamonds should stay in protective boxes!

Our boat was used and being well built and HEAVY, its ready for the same use by someone else. Race it or speed scare your friends. Sure the j-drains leak some and it's hard to dock but you cant find a better all around boat for the price, even at a hock shop, or at your famous RIVER.

A Lavey has a one of a kind shape and bottom that makes them fast and manuverable. A narrow transom and lots of rocker front to back and side to side. Dont take my word for it, ask some of the Champions from the 70s.

They are a kick to drive and I am proud to say, I raced one. They are NOT for everyone especially uncordinated idiots!

you are 100% correct...........i agree with you...........but im getting older and its hard to take the diamonds out to a hay ride............that is why i put it up for sale..........really hate to see it sit in the corner 360 days a year........and you know what....i should know better........well im going to just put the diamond away next week and head back to florida..........took the old girl out 6 times this year........first time its been used so much in 10 years.................butch

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Video

You have watched the video from Moses Lake? This is the boat in lane one with a chicken driver.....link is in the v-drive section or go to you tube. If you need a motor, I have a fresh 70 Chevelle 454 ready to install. just add about 3000.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts