Performance Boats Forum banner
161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Swimstep back on

I finished the restoration of Dad's original swimstep he made in the mid 70's and got it on the boat. Steering, F/R cable and throttle cables all routed.. Helm put back together and mounted. Nice to see all this "test fit" stuff getting finally bolted down for good with the summer already begun. Wiring is next!

Attachments

·
Village Idiot
3,564 Posts
Wire this beauty up Mike! I have some speaker wire and pieces out of an old cars wiring harness. I will throw in some twist connectors and we can have it wired in a few hours. Lol Okay, just joking, take your time and do it right the first time. It looks great man.

Paul

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Batteries hooked up!

Ok,so it’s been awhile... business is doing well and after the long 8 year stretch from 08-16 I’m not complaining!!

Wiring this thing has been a task to say the least! For many I’m sure you can do this in your sleep but after all I’ve been through, I wanted to make sure I took it SLOW, and understood and paid attention to each connection, complete with shrink tube and solder if necessary..the last thing I want is an electrical failure. I also upsized all my wire (I know overkill), but better than underkill!
Finally got batteries wired up today! I’m running a Blue Sea on/off switch with an automatic charging relay that connects the house and start batteries when the engine is running and separates when not so the stereo,etc don’t run down the starting battery without the need to manually switch back and forth. Also installed a VictronConnect battery monitor that bluetooths to my phone and tells me amps used, percent/time remaining on the battery, alerts me when recharged and other useful info. Although no gas yet, engine cranked over when o hit the switch so I must’ve gotten at least two wires right! Hooking up the cabin wiring to the fuse panel tomorrow and then it is just days from getting wet! Wire Electrical wiring Electrical supply Auto part Cable Green Light Electronics Wire Technology Vehicle Car Bumper Auto part Electronics Wood Electronics Technology Electronic device Audio equipment Technology Electronic device Measuring instrument

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 · (Edited)
Stereo and frig cabinet

I mentioned awhile back the guy I got the boat back from is a master woodworker. Life happens and he felt horrible about the deterioration to the boat while up in Prescott and offered to make my replacement cabinets as a gift to me and memory to my dad who he knew. Did an AWESOME job! Just need to get the countertops installed! The little digital display you see ) aside from the double din stereo, reading “71 degrees” is a cool deal I came across designed to keep home stereo cabinets cool. Connects via usb to a temp sensor inside the cabinet (either near amp or in other cabinet near the 12v refrigerator compressor) and when it hits a preprogrammed temp you set, it kicks the fans on to draw out the heat. Time will tell if it works but for $100, thought I’d at least try! Last but not least, you see the the usb memory stick port for the stereo and the adjacent 2 slot usb phone charger... I know....I’m a geek!

Wood Room Plywood Furniture Hardwood Wood Room Wood stain Hearth Fireplace Furniture Electronics Wood Plywood Room Electronics Wood Plywood Technology Furniture Electronics Technology Electronic device Multimedia Display device Room Furniture

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Been awhile since I’ve posted, as Covid small business shut downs and other stuff put the project on hold until about a month ago....so I thought I’d post some updated pics. Finally got the boat up to the lake and in the water. A couple minor leaks but should be easy fixes. Boat is currently over at Palacio’s upholstery in Phoenix getting the final pieces done, headliner and a custom towing cover. Planning on making Halletts in Havasu in Sept for her maiden voyage! Been a LONG process but what a blast!

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Wood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Done! Made it to Halletts in Havasu! Happy to be back on the water! End of posting….thanks to all that encouraged me along the way. It was far more work than I had anticipated, but even more rewarding!

Wood Floor Building Flooring Vehicle
Boat Wheel Watercraft Vehicle Naval architecture
Water Sky Boat Watercraft Cloud
Motor vehicle Hood Light Automotive design Vehicle
Sky Hood Naval architecture Jacuzzi Automotive design
Water Sky Cloud Water resources Boat
Cloud Water Sky Water resources Daytime

161 - 169 of 169 Posts