Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that you have the most experience with a boat like mine. I completely stripped the boat down and re-installed all parts to the boat. Although I left most of the original holes for the shaft log, strut, rudder etc. I changed from a BBC to a SBC. I am curious your opinion on the right gears, prop pitch and diameter for my SBC that pumps about 550 HP.

I appreciate any advice you could lend. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Boat Test GURU
516 Posts
jayteetrotter

A little more information would help mew a little. What RPM do you want you SBC to turn? Without knowing that info I will make 6000 RPM your goal. 550 hp must be close to 6000 RPM. Gears Ratio fro my liking would be 15 or 18 percent overdrive. My propeller choice would be 11 1/4 to 11 1/8 15 2 blade for speed.

I have been told that you have the most experience with a boat like mine. I completely stripped the boat down and re-installed all parts to the boat. Although I left most of the original holes for the shaft log, strut, rudder etc. I changed from a BBC to a SBC. I am curious your opinion on the right gears, prop pitch and diameter for my SBC that pumps about 550 HP.

I appreciate any advice you could lend. Thanks in advance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts