Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months I acquired this 19' 1976 Kindsvater from a friend, it was ordered in 1976 and never rigged. Currently the plan is a mild BBC with EFI (I know I could be dealing with hell on the EFI, but I have a plan if all else fails then I will resort to carbs), the rigging is being done by Don Mumma at Fantasy Rigging. The plan is to rig it modern with a vintage touch, Here are some progress pics from when I got the boat to where it is today. The plan is to have it complete for Flat Bottom Boogie, if I miss that date it will be at Wades Paradise New Years Day. The trailer needs a bunch of work, so i made a dolly for the boat, so Don had an easy platform to work from. You can see in the pics how tight the v-drive math turned out, adding the whirl-away really made it a tight fit with the coupler and seal, the safety collar will need to be placed underneath, motor will sit low and at 3 degrees. The seats will be bench front and rear and the exhaust will be over transom, I was hoping for through transom but it will be too tight after motor placement. I still need to make decisions on interior color/pattern/material, polishing and anodize color.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,800 Posts
looking awsome......................:thumb:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Such a great project! your hard line work looks awesome, any close ups of that?
I would love to take credit for the engine and hard lines, but that was done by "Xfuelracer" here on the forums. Gary is the one that started to set this motor up for EFI, hence the thermostat and also the way he was dumping the water through a bassett pressure regulator into the exhaust so that water reversion did not happen at idle killing the O2 sensor.

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
thank you for posting, I have wanted to get into building some hardline and this gives me some motivation! Just love the hardware you are using as well, I cant recall the last time I saw a Stellings front cover... super cool!!!!

·
Steady Rollin
1,099 Posts
Dont know how I missed this one back in Feb, but it looks great! cant wait to follow along on this. Love the old metal flake, and the new direction you're taking it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picked up my scoop from Nick at Arias Components today, he has a very cool line of products and all made in the USA! Now I need to decide the polish and paint config.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Spectacular build! I haven't been on the boards in a few years due to a skiing accident and some memory loss, ( couldn't remember password and sites that love) keep up the great work!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
More progress today. Some the parts are just staged fit so that I can get an accurate count of the remaining stainless steel bolts, washers, and nuts needed. So much more work to do, this part is so time consuming to get it right.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Making some progress, Mocking up interior visuals for the style Im trying to achieve and then make some templates to build it. The front center hump will have a lid for storage and the rear will most likely hold a cooler (ice cold beer is a must)

Attachments

·
Aquacraft
719 Posts
Making some progress, Mocking up interior visuals for the style Im trying to achieve and then make some templates to build it. The front center hump will have a lid for storage and the rear will most likely hold a cooler (ice cold beer is a must)
Looking awesome man!,,,,thats what I did to make my seats I made the front cover open forward to have access to the v-drive it worked out pretty good it was my dads idea , we put a hinge on it it came out pretty nice... although the guy who upholstered them didn't put the amount of foam we wanted but the seats are a little wider for the bigger people :wink2:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts