Performance Boats Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Looking awesome Craig! Nerve racking drilling those holes :). Hey I had a friend of mine at your shop with another friend and they were talking with your son about the finish on your top deck and that it was a little rough. My Dad and Brother have a metal flake 69 Sanger and the same issue is happening. Was educated on this by Key Meyers that when these were built, once they were popped out of the mold they weren't cleared and the material just goes away after time. I had watched him re-clear a few of these old flake hulls, he just used sooth brite pads to clean and then cleared over them and they looked brand new, a few had come in where the owners took heavy compound and buffers to them, there is nothing to buff and they just burned the flake. your hull looks awesome in the pictures, this will be a sweet ride when you finish up.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Looking awesome Craig! Nerve racking drilling those holes :). Hey I had a friend of mine at your shop with another friend and they were talking with your son about the finish on your top deck and that it was a little rough. My Dad and Brother have a metal flake 69 Sanger and the same issue is happening. Was educated on this by Key Meyers that when these were built, once they were popped out of the mold they weren't cleared and the material just goes away after time. I had watched him re-clear a few of these old flake hulls, he just used sooth brite pads to clean and then cleared over them and they looked brand new, a few had come in where the owners took heavy compound and buffers to them, there is nothing to buff and they just burned the flake. your hull looks awesome in the pictures, this will be a sweet ride when you finish up.
Thank you for this info, there is a small spot on the deck that looked as if someone started to buff it and it burned right through the top layer into the flake. My son told me of the advice to have it cleared and do not try to wax it yet so that it does not have to be completely strip of the wax everywhere. When this thing is complete it will go off to a pro for clear and correction. Cheers....

·
Steady Rollin
1,100 Posts
NICE CRAIG!!! Happy for you!! Hopefully I'll get my D'Cucci back! sooner than later!
haha glad to see you've gotten the bug again. After our IG convo i've seen you posting more and more boat related stuff. Pick something up =)

Reactions: Aximal

·
Distinguished Member
5,772 Posts
NICE CRAIG!!! Happy for you!! Hopefully I'll get my D'Cucci back! sooner than later!
Saw your D'Cucci at Long Beach last year. Talked to the guy racing it and he seems pretty stoked on it but everything's for sale at some point. Bad ass boat for sure...

Reactions: Aximal

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Sorry for the delay of updates, but I have been in complete thrash mode to get this done. I set a date for myself to be complete by August 1st and I think it will only be a few days past that and I should be testing it at Elsinore end of week or Monday of next pending work schedule. Progress so far, gauges are installed, wiring is complete, engine and plumbing complete and I also did not want to install a air shifter, so I made a remote locking shifter out of an old Casale I had and made it shift with a cable like sprint cars (fingers crossed that this set up works under load, works great engine off) the shifter will be hidden under the seat with only the handle protruding, but please excuse the machining work I only built it as a proof of concept first and then I can take it back to the drawing board and make it look pretty.
IMG_1164.JPG
IMG_7162.JPG
IMG_8255.JPG
IMG_5766.JPG
IMG_7327.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_5948.JPG
IMG_6825.JPG

21 - 28 of 28 Posts