Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought the boat, fixed it up, ran it 1/2 mile and then it died on me. I have no clue how to work on outbards but i dont have any more money to throw into this thing. I put brand new tires and bearings on this boat 2 weeks ago. New battery cables and fuel hose as well. New stereo with wiring installed too.

$1500. I need this thing for within 2 weeks. Its sittin in my buddies driveway in parker and i dont want to bother him anymore with it.

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright. I need this GONE. Someone start throwing some numbers at me. I know the trailer alone is worth a grand. The boat is worth whatever someone wants to pay for it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
did it sieze ?
will it turn over ?
can you get it to the oc ?
what is a phantom dublins ?

trade you for a killer station wagon with a bunch of documented movie history.

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
did it sieze ?
will it turn over ?
can you get it to the oc ?
what is a phantom dublins ?

trade you for a killer station wagon with a bunch of documented movie history.
I cant turn the flywheel. I looked at the plugs and they seem fine. The top of the pistons look like all the material is still there.

I'm just over outboards. I want to sell this and get another v-drive. So if you have a boat you'de like to trade, let me know

Boat is in Parker right now. If i go to Parker next weekend, i can bring it back for you

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have all the paperwork to the boat and trailer. The boat has been registered as well.

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PM me some #'s!

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
I cant turn the flywheel. I looked at the plugs and they seem fine. The top of the pistons look like all the material is still there.

I'm just over outboards. I want to sell this and get another v-drive. So if you have a boat you'de like to trade, let me know

Boat is in Parker right now. If i go to Parker next weekend, i can bring it back for you

If you can't turn the flywheel the motor is siezed or has a broken rod or both. It's an old motor from looking at it and .............................Common thing to cause this is let an oldie set for a while w/o stabilizer and well you know the rest.

·
Registered
785 Posts
these things need oil to run..

pm sent.

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is a 20 gallon tank in this boat. I ran 3oz of oil to ever gallon. 20 gallons = 60 ozs of oil. The plugs look like they are well lubed. And i had the lower end oil changed right before i took it out.

·
Registered
785 Posts
if the top of the pistons aren't beat up.. probably not a rod..
check the waterpump impeller.
you will have to drop the lower end.

could have heat seized it .
will need pistons and a bore job.

these are easier to work on than a sbc.

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love SB/BB chevy's. Thats what im going for when this sells. People have been tellin me that the merc on this boat is worth $2500 (when it ran). Say its worth a grand now, along with the trailer, and the boat, $2000 is a pretty good deal for someone that likes outboards

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
What commonly happens when running a carb motor and not having stabilizer in it is your jets clog up and you seize the piston from a lean condition. That motor has a chrome bore in it and will need a sleeve and a piston and rings. I killed one way back just that way and the same motor. I bought a Merc manual and rebuilt it my self and it fired about the third revalution. It's really easy.:)hand

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What commonly happens when running a carb motor and not having stabilizer in it is your jets clog up and you seize the piston from a lean condition. That motor has a chrome bore in it and will need a sleeve and a piston and rings. I killed one way back just that way and the same motor. I bought a Merc manual and rebuilt it my self and it fired about the third revalution. It's really easy.:)hand
Sounds like this boat would be perfect for you :D

·
Registered
785 Posts
i wouldn't mind having it...

that boat will run 60 all day long ....cheep on gas.
could juggle the pistons and not spend any money fixing it.

but ....obama forgot to send me the stimulus money..and
i'm broke and my stuff ain't worth 10 cents on the dollar...
seems it is was worth more when i wanted to buy it.......LOL!..
at least beer is still priced for the average working stiff... might be a good time to start drinking again..

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Sounds like this boat would be perfect for you :D
I already have a 100 plus outboard and I am in the process of buying a v-drive hydro. Good luck on the sale. If you keep it I will help you rebuild it.:)hand Could probably get it done for around 400 -$500 if you do the labor. $600-700 if I do it all.:)

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How much do you thing pistons, rings, and sleeved cost?

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Price reduced to $1,800.00 I really need to get rid of this thing.

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
First $1500 takes the cake!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts