Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
History Repeating
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listing this for my father

1977 Caribbean Jet Boat - Original Owner!!

Asking $10,000

Purchased new in 1977, I am the only and original owner! Always dry stored, mechanic/automotive engineer owned. Meticulously maintained. Many new and upgraded parts. I just spent this past winter going over everything on the boat, replacing and upgrading as needed. The boat has been in dry storage for the past few years as I was overseas for work. Boat and interior are totally solid and in excellent shape.

Video of start up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3mC2DlpqK4

460ci big block Ford
Jacuzzi jet drive
CompCams cam
dual Holley carbs on polished Weiland tunnel ram
Bassat Headers (water cooled)
12 disc CD changer
custom made cover

I just mounted a small trolling to jet drive for quietly motoring out of shallow waters, all controls are cockpit mounted. (Easily removed as well)

Many more pictures and information on request. This boat has been cherished in our family for 32 years, but sadly its time to move onto something else. This is an excellent boat for a family as it is NOT a flat bottom, it has a V-hull so it rides really well and can handle some chop.

For questions please call Ron at (252)489-9277, the boat is located in Kill Devil Hills, NC

(the boat has never been in the salt water, we are originally from MI)

·
History Repeating
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Boat is still available!

·
79 Sanger Picklefork
857 Posts
Trolling Motor

To be honest I'm not interested in buying a new boat, but I really would like to see a picture of the trolling motor and controls..thanks.
Bump to the top...

·
History Repeating
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
To be honest I'm not interested in buying a new boat, but I really would like to see a picture of the trolling motor and controls..thanks.
Bump to the top...
No problem. I'll shoot my father an email and have him snap a few pictures of the set up and post them up as soon as I get 'em. You can sort of see the motor mounted to the jet drive in the 1st picture, and the video has a little shot of it spinning right before he starts the real motor :)

These were taken during the installation, but it gives you the basic idea. The trolling motor has been moved down about 2" from when these were taken, but its in the same location.

·
79 Sanger Picklefork
857 Posts
Really Cool

No problem. I'll shoot my father an email and have him snap a few pictures of the set up and post them up as soon as I get 'em. You can sort of see the motor mounted to the jet drive in the 1st picture, and the video has a little shot of it spinning right before he starts the real motor :)

These were taken during the installation, but it gives you the basic idea. The trolling motor has been moved down about 2" from when these were taken, but its in the same location.

A couple of more pics if possible would be great...man that is a cool idea. What type of motor is that? Do you leave it mounted there all the time when you are running or do you put the trolling motor on just when you are ready to troll? I assume you just attach those leads to your battery?

·
History Repeating
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is left on there all the time, he installed a 2nd battery to power the elec motor (calls it his Hybrid now) Next time I talk to him I'll ask what the brand is and post up.

·
History Repeating
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She is still available!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts