Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend I went to look at a CV23. He said he was only the second owner of this local boat. From the pictures it looked too good to be true. Besides the typical sun fading on the bow the interior appeared to look like new. The white stuff you see on the bow is the left over wax he never wiped off, it came off at home and I think with a good polish I can bring back most of the shine back on the bow! When I saw it in person I couldn’t believe my eyes… Not a tear in sight nor any sun fading. In fact the material appears soft as if it had just been made! He even had the matching original privacy snap in screen for the cuddy as well as the original snap on cover.

We took it out for a test run on the river and it performed flawlessly. I was surprised how quickly it flattened out, as well as how fast it was able to go. We hit 55mph at top speed and there was a little left I’m sure. Every gauge and light worked. It’s almost as if we were taking it out for the first time ever! I shook his hand and made the deal before we even got to the dock! Not sure what these are worth, because there was nothing for sale close to gauge the price, but I feel like I might have paid a little too much. But I’m okay with that!
IMG_20180907_090030.jpg IMG_20180907_090003.jpg IMG_20180907_090014.jpg image000001_06.jpg IMG_20180908_171616.jpg IMG_20180908_171622.jpg

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
nice boat

Over the weekend I went to look at a CV23. He said he was only the second owner of this local boat. From the pictures it looked too good to be true. Besides the typical sun fading on the bow the interior appeared to look like new. The white stuff you see on the bow is the left over wax he never wiped off, it came off at home and I think with a good polish I can bring back most of the shine back on the bow! When I saw it in person I couldn’t believe my eyes… Not a tear in sight nor any sun fading. In fact the material appears soft as if it had just been made! He even had the matching original privacy snap in screen for the cuddy as well as the original snap on cover.

We took it out for a test run on the river and it performed flawlessly. I was surprised how quickly it flattened out, as well as how fast it was able to go. We hit 55mph at top speed and there was a little left I’m sure. Every gauge and light worked. It’s almost as if we were taking it out for the first time ever! I shook his hand and made the deal before we even got to the dock! Not sure what these are worth, because there was nothing for sale close to gauge the price, but I feel like I might have paid a little too much. But I’m okay with that!
View attachment 1025715 View attachment 1025717 View attachment 1025719 View attachment 1025721 View attachment 1025723 View attachment 1025725
these boats are classic examples of timeless style, beautifull boat enjoy:))THumbsUp

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
That boat is immaculate!!!! Regardless of what you paid it is just the initial investment. Tell us about the motor and pump. Maybe some pics of the motor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That boat is immaculate!!!! Regardless of what you paid it is just the initial investment. Tell us about the motor and pump. Maybe some pics of the motor.
The boat is completely stock. It still has the original engine and pump. It’s a 460 with a Berkley. I’ll get some engine and pump pictures when I get home today. It does 55mph at 5k rpm and cruises at 45mph at 4k rpm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts