Performance Boats Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
V-Drive 4 ever
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1977 Howard 19'6 V-bottom V-drive Old ski race boat. Boat has a th400 trans. Motor plates for BBC no engine . all Msd ignition box all wired in. Basically drop engine and go boating. Engine that came with boat was a Pile of dog Doo so i pulled it after 1 time of a couple minutes of driving it and i now don't have the time or money to build a new engine so figure might as well sell it . has down pedal and lockout handle. . looks to have all new braided lines and fittings.. very nice solid Original gel and interior boat... i bought this for me and ended up 1st time out having engine failure so never got to play with it...Has MSD Box installed and comes with V-Drive pan and water pump and alternator set-up... located near Sacramento Ca. $5700.00 530-333-1047

Attachments

·
V-Drive 4 ever
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Being Honest here. None of the parts you mentioned were even in this engine i got in the boat. parts are as follow that were in it.. The crank was a 427 GM casting number that was turned 30 over on both journals . a buddy used it as a core for his crank he bought so i got 200.00 for it.. The heads needed larger helicoils since some were already heli-coiled and were stripped out. i ended up getting rid of the heads and had another set rebuilt. then found the bottom end in Stock condition and there was no way i was going to use the bottom end that came in it so.. Yeah someone lied to you guys about the motor you put in that boat i bought. otherwise i would be out enjoying it right now . i took a big loss on it .. BTW the heads were not even 990's ... they were a Closed Chamber rec port. this engine with the combo it had was atleast a 12to1 comp. and hypertectic cast pistons.. like i said someone Threw an engine together . was very bummed when i tore it down and seen all the junk inside it :(

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
Great boat

Good luck with the sale.. These boats are a whole lotta fun... just do what I did when my first motor took a crap... tear it all down, restore the boat and make it awesome... :)devil

·
V-Drive 4 ever
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not only were none of the parts in the engine. but #7 Cylinder we just noticed Yesterday has a Crack in it. i ran this for maybe 5 minutes and had water leaking into oil soon as i drove it before heading back and putting back on trailer. so this was why i was getting water in the oil. The hits keep coming :(. was going to list it for sell . so much for that :( .

Attachments

·
V-Drive 4 ever
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would also possibly trade the boat for a Nice Cab-over camper for Full Size truck ..

·
V-Drive 4 ever
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Deal pending with Smash (David)

Minus engine and exhaust. 5700.00 .. Paperwork is figured out and ready for sale :)..

·
Registered
2 Posts
1977 V-Bottom Howard

Hello,

Checking in to see if the boat is still available.

If so do you have pics of the trans v-drive, propeller etc.

Please contact me via my personal email

Thank you
Jack lanhere
[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.