Performance Boats Forum banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
V-Drive 4 ever
1,810 Posts
Buddy of mine had the exact same year and model Riviera.. like someone said Careful in the turns.. my buddy wrecked his and his best friend was Killed in the accident on Folsom lake about 4 years ago and they weren't going very fast.. nice score tho.. interesting design for sure :)

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Love this

Logo:

I know where the Vintage sticker came from, where did you get the other? That's quite a compliment! I ran this on my K57 in Burley 2008, our first APBA event!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
found it

No problem Rigger, you were a fan of our bunch and supported and encouraged us over the web so wear our badge with pride! We were the FIRST and the MOST! I need to get his boat running!!! Or sell it!

·
Nostalgia Flat 01
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Nostalgic Circle Boats

No problem Rigger, you were a fan of our bunch and supported and encouraged us over the web so wear our badge with pride! We were the FIRST and the MOST! I need to get his boat running!!! Or sell it!
Thanks Jerkizoid! I almost bought the Lavey (Gone Broke Again - see attached photo) from a guy up north a couple of years ago when I sold my Sanger, but someone got to him with the cash before I could get home from the Middle East where I was working at the the time. I was planning to race it on the circuit here in SoCal. So I had my graphics guy replicate the decal on that boat for my NE Boat I'm building now as I liked it so much. I should have gotten your permission first though! I will represent you guys proudly down here in the south. I saw a photo of your boat in the pits some years back behind a restored vintage ambulance, really classic. Do you still have that ambulance? I'm on the hunt for a nostalgic tow vehicle for my boat to keep the theme. Happy New Year!

Attachments

·
Nostalgia Flat 01
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)
Nostalgic Circle Boats Decal

Logo:

I know where the Vintage sticker came from, where did you get the other? That's quite a compliment! I ran this on my K57 in Burley 2008, our first APBA event!
You saw my post to you about how I came across this idea for putting this on my boat from seeing it on the Lavey "Gone Broke Again" which I almost bought a few years back. I just had my graphics guy replicate it for my boat. Should have gotten your permission first but wasn't sure who to ask about this. Thanks Again!

·
Nostalgia Flat 01
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Buddy of mine had the exact same year and model Riviera.. like someone said Careful in the turns.. my buddy wrecked his and his best friend was Killed in the accident on Folsom lake about 4 years ago and they weren't going very fast.. nice score tho.. interesting design for sure :)
Thanks Billdoe. Yep, very aware of the problems with this hull design in the turns. I will be sure to turn it wide and with care! Very tragic about what happened to your friend and his buddy. I saw the pictures of the boat when they recovered it, not good.

·
Nostalgia Flat 01
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Thanks Jerkizoid! I almost bought the Lavey (Gone Broke Again - see attached photo) from a guy up north a couple of years ago when I sold my Sanger, but someone got to him with the cash before I could get home from the Middle East where I was working at the the time. I was planning to race it on the circuit here in SoCal. So I had my graphics guy replicate the decal on that boat for my NE Boat I'm building now as I liked it so much. I should have gotten your permission first though! I will represent you guys proudly down here in the south. I saw a photo of your boat in the pits some years back behind a restored vintage ambulance, really classic. Do you still have that ambulance? I'm on the hunt for a nostalgic tow vehicle for my boat to keep the theme. Happy New Year!
Boyd, This is the picture I was refering to regarding your tow vehicle. Nice! - Rigger

Attachments

·
Nostalgia Flat 01
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
You saw my post to you about how I came across this idea for putting this on my boat from seeing it on the Lavey "Gone Broke Again" which I almost bought a few years back. I just had my graphics guy replicate it for my boat. Should have gotten your permission first but wasn't sure who to ask about this. Thanks Again!
This was the decal on the side of "Gone Broke Again" that caught my eye. Man I wish I had been able to get that boat. Love those Laveys!

Attachments

·
Nostalgia Flat 01
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Nostalgic Circle Boats

I love this photo montage of some of the Northwest Nostalgic Circle Boats. You guys have a great group!

Attachments

·
Nostalgia Flat 01
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Update on the restoration. It has been slow but is moving forward. $$$ is tight....Was planning to get this boat wet in time for Long Beach Sprint Boat Races in August. Now targeting Parker 300 in October. All that's left is fuel tanks fabrication & install, then drop the motor and v-drive in and test/tune. Here are some pics of present set up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Just wondering how its going? Also when you begin testing what lake do you plan to use?

Would be fun to meet you at your lake for a "play date" with out vintage boats......:)

·
Nostalgia Flat 01
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Just wondering how its going? Also when you begin testing what lake do you plan to use?

Would be fun to meet you at your lake for a "play date" with out vintage boats......:)
Will keep you posted Dekman. When I get ready to start testing the boat will use Irvine Lake or Lake Elsinore High Speed Zone. My timeline keeps getting pushed back due to $$$ shortage, too many other "family priorities" if you know what I mean! Ready to have the saddle fuel tanks fabricated, just scraping together the cash at the moment. Then will set the motor & v-drive which are ready to install. Then the final rigging of fuel & cooling lines, wiring. etc. Getting real itchy to get this boat wet. Been a long haul on the restore. - Rigger

·
Nostalgia Flat 01
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Hey Dekman! I finally got my fuel tanks. To have fabricated was too much $$$$ for me right now. Bought some saddle tanks parted out of a jet boat. They will work for now but are not as big as I want. They are 13 gal each and I really want 25 gal each for the endurance races. Working on the installation and then the motor goes in along with final rigging. Will be 2016 before this boat gets wet! Thanks for checking in! This will end up being the longest build in history!
How's it going??? Updates?

61 - 80 of 104 Posts