Performance Boats Forum banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Howdy

I Enjoy your project and how you went forward even though the hull had a reputation less than perfect! So also I go, doing stuff based on what I can afford instead of the best (safest) project for me! I am glad you never bought my Lavey! Anyone with one currently should also be told how difficult to drive they really are! DANGER! My story would be similar to those posted here, Laveys have a tendency to roll and pitch the driver out!! Be careful my friend! Use the boat for family fun alot before even considering entering a race!!! I drove my Lavey for 2 years and still did not know enough! Some of you know, I Just lost a friend (one of the best Lavey drivers) and it could have been me, or you! Just saying......DAD!

I didn't learn from the Lavey, just look at my Aquacraft in the shot below, it was cheap also! Bottom was delaminated and had the wrong hardware!!!! If flew at any speed over 80 and should have been used as a ski boat not a race boat! Eventually I would have crashed it and then told the Diver to leave it on the bottom!!!! Live and learn, now sharing as so many others do here at PBforums....
Listen to the experts! :hmmm:

·
Nostalgia Flat 01
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Thanks for the encouragement Jerkizoid! Yes I did try to buy a Lavey before I got the Riviera (the SK-87/SS-26 Gone Broke). I had cash in hand & some guy beat me to the boat before I could get there. I was working in the Middle East at the time for an Oil Company and by the time I got stateside the boat was sold. Yes I will drive the Riviera with care.
I Enjoy your project and how you went forward even though the hull had a reputation less than perfect! So also I go, doing stuff based on what I can afford instead of the best (safest) project for me! I am glad you never bought my Lavey! Anyone with one currently should also be told how difficult to drive they really are! DANGER! My story would be similar to those posted here, Laveys have a tendency to roll and pitch the driver out!! Be careful my friend! Use the boat for family fun alot before even considering entering a race!!! I drove my Lavey for 2 years and still did not know enough! Some of you know, I Just lost a friend (one of the best Lavey drivers) and it could have been me, or you! Just saying......DAD!

I didn't learn from the Lavey, just look at my Aquacraft in the shot below, it was cheap also! Bottom was delaminated and had the wrong hardware!!!! If flew at any speed over 80 and should have been used as a ski boat not a race boat! Eventually I would have crashed it and then told the Diver to leave it on the bottom!!!! Live and learn, now sharing as so many others do here at PBforums....
Listen to the experts! :hmmm:

Attachments

·
Nostalgia Flat 01
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 · (Edited)
Looking for 454 BBC Powerglide Bell Housing Adapter

I am trying to find a Powerglide Bell Housing Adapter to fit the 454 BBC I am going to drop into this boat. It had the same motor in it's previous life. I want to be able to use the existing motor mount plates that came with the boat. The Powergide Bell Housing adapter was still in the boat when it was in Colorado, but was missing when I bought the boat from a guy in Blythe. Any help would be much appreciated! See attached photo showing the Powerglide Bell Housing Adapter that is missing, leaning against the rear motor mounting plate. - Rigger

Attachments

·
Registered
19,899 Posts
looky at what i have on my work bench...............:)bit lol

·
Village Idiot
3,533 Posts
I am trying to find a Bell Housing Adapter to fit the 454 BBC I am going to drop into this boat. It had the same motor in it's previous life. I want to be able to use the existing motor mount plates that came with the boat. The Bell Housing adapter was still in the boat when it was in Colorado, but was missing when I bought the boat from a guy in Blythe. Any help would be much appreciated! See attached photo showing the Bell Housing Adapter that is missing, leaning against the rear motor mounting plate. - Rigger
That is called a Powerglide adapter. Early powerglide transmissions had that sandwiched between the transmission and the engine. I have picked them up off ebay for as cheap as $20 before. Be patient and keep looking on Craigslist and eBay and ask here specifically for the PG adapter. You will get one without too much of a problem.

Paul

·
Nostalgia Flat 01
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Thank you Paul! I will edit my post. Good info!

That is called a Powerglide adapter. Early powerglide transmissions had that sandwiched between the transmission and the engine. I have picked them up off ebay for as cheap as $20 before. Be patient and keep looking on Craigslist and eBay and ask here specifically for the PG adapter. You will get one without too much of a problem.

Paul

·
Registered
19,899 Posts
i just sold a chrome 1 for 50 i get 40 for them ..i will try to round u up 1 :))THumbsUp

·
Nostalgia Flat 01
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Looking for 454 BBC Powerglide Bell Housing Adapter

I found the Powerglide Adapter I needed at Jim Brock's shop Cyclone Speed & Marine. Thank you all for the tips and references! :)devil

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Boat looked great Rigger!!!!! So now you have 3 months to get her done! Thanksgiving.......Parker....."Classic Endurance Class"....see you there :)

·
Nostalgia Flat 01
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Just wanted those that have followed this thread to know that this restore/build has not died on the vine although it has come close a few times. I am still plugging away on it as time & money become available. Due to other life priorities it is last on the list for both. Probably the longest project in PBF history! Each year I say maybe this year it gets wet, and another year goes by.... Keeping the dream alive if only just barely. Had the boat on display yesterday at our church Royal Rangers Pinewood Derby event. The boys enjoyed seeing it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Looks like "Rigger is ready!" OK.....April 28th Ming Lake....Classic Endurance class awaits you! Great for testing...fun class...no pressure. Come on down...want to see that beautiful restoration! Hopefully see you there! Rob

81 - 100 of 104 Posts