Where is the boat located at?

·
Registered
981 Posts
I'm out...too far for me.

·
Just Me
4,107 Posts
I wish I had known about this boat when I was just down in Little Rock. I brought back a new truck instead of something much more fun like this. And it even has my flavor of power installed (maybe not working at the present time, but still set up for it). Now I have to do some figuring.....

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
This was my 81 Dragstar it was my first boat. A classic hull. You dont see these that often... good luck with the sale

humm was this boat trailer missing the left chrome fender???

if so i bought that boat off you up in chino hills shi. a long time back, then sold it to a buddy who he sold it to a jack ass now it sits in a back yard with no cover rotting away still with the same 396 chevy in it. LOL

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
no crap....if it was on the west coast..he would have a stampede heading his way....who says all the great deals r on the west coast.:mad::D
This is probably a ploy! I just saw Mouzer going east on I-10 with a hand written sign on the rear window say, "Arkansas and Bust" in the bed of the truck was another sign reading,

"Rogers Jet Boat"
Must Sell
My Association Fined Me Again
$1500 OBO
Will Be Available When I Return From Arkansas!
Call The Doctor!​

·
Registered
981 Posts
anyone have a idea what shipping to So Cal would cost? shipped tons of cars, but never tried a boat...:)bulb
After seeing this boat posted last night, I immediately started looking for Boat shipping costs. I grew up with one of these hulls and would love to have one ...But out of 3 quotes that I got from Little Rock to Spokane, the CHEAPEST I got was above $2500.
I don't want one that bad...I'm out unless someone wants to go pick it up and deliver to me and earn a few (very few:D ) $$

Former World Record Holder in Comp Jet class when I was a teenager was one of these hulls. I hung around their shop as much as I could to learn what I could. I am interested anytime one of these hulls comes up for sale, but with the economy the way it is I can't afford to pay that much to ship it to me.

·
Monrovia in the House
411 Posts
humm was this boat trailer missing the left chrome fender???

if so i bought that boat off you up in chino hills shi. a long time back, then sold it to a buddy who he sold it to a jack ass now it sits in a back yard with no cover rotting away still with the same 396 chevy in it. LOL
Small World..I saw it in the trader about 5 years back and was thinking of buying it back... Small boats are comming back does the jack ass want to sell it? Just wondering

·
Registered
981 Posts
Maybe this will help those of you sitting on the fence on this one, since I can't have it:mad:
Here is some pics and info on the one I grew up around. These hulls can get down the 1/4 mile in a hurry. Keep in mind, the MPH records were in the 1970's and 1980's! Think what this hull would do with today's HP numbers

ENJOY

And here is some info on this boat from the current owner, including the numbers that it runs now. http://www.colusanet.com/do-it-yourself-dragboat/RogersDragStar.htm

This is a steal on this boat. Someone (Mouzer) needs to buy this and move it closer to me, then sell it to me;):D:D

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Tach location on this one makes it look like it was once a center steer... I like it mainly because its got a Mopar and looks bad ass... too much $ for me to ship too though!!! Mouzer.... Make the drive and ill give you $200 less than you get it for (to get you out of the dog house!!!) LOL :)devil

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
Small World..I saw it in the trader about 5 years back and was thinking of buying it back... Small boats are comming back does the jack ass want to sell it? Just wondering
really how much?
I think he is hurting now, if you still had the number you could get it for a steal i bet.
Last thing i herd about the boat was he blew it up..... Not sure how because me and the next owner held that thing WOT tell it ran out of gas all the time!!!!
Did not have enought power to hert itself.
i hated thoes holley 660 center squirters, i was always f-ing with the floats:mad:

Anyways after he blew it up then it sat and sat:)st

1 - 20 of 32 Posts