Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Cole CH1 Hydro
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here remember this boat. It was originally from the Reno NV area in the early 80's them taken to Indianapolis In. and now calls Florida home. Story at www.dragboatfever.com

This was posted on riverdavesplace back in 2018 but didn't result any significant new leads. Just got my account activated here and have seen other posts about Lake Lahontan which is where this boat was run in the early 80's.

Thanks in advance to those who respond with information.
Steve

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello I remember this boat well my dad bought this boat from sonny Jones in 1981 had it for about 2 years and then sold it. Washed it many times as kid lol.Then I saw it on dragboat city for sale a while back it was sold but the add is still there and has some info on boat and a number you might be able to get more info on history.Was a rad boat for sure. Wish I had it.

·
Registered
1978 Cole CH1 Hydro
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello I remember this boat well my dad bought this boat from sonny Jones in 1981 had it for about 2 years and then sold it. Washed it many times as kid lol.Then I saw it on dragboat city for sale a while back it was sold but the add is still there and has some info on boat and a number you might be able to get more info on history.Was a rad boat for sure. Wish I had it.
I bought the boat from Roger who had it listed on dragboatcity.com never could understand why it went so long "Several Years" without being updated as sold. Do you know if any old pictures exist from back in the 80's?
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1978 Cole CH1 Hydro
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Based on the information Rodger provided he likely bought it from your dad. Was the boat operational when your dad had it?
Steve

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes it was running, took it to lake lahontan a hand full of times and had it at redbuff once that I can remember I was in middle school lol .Had about 5 pics of my dad with and driving it but lost them over the years sucks wish I still had them .Cool that it's still here it will always be a bad ass boat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts