Performance Boats Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1979 Howard custom runner bottom T deck, as seen in HOT BOAT magazine, still same original Howard Gel Coat, and looks the same. Very solid stringers and floor. Casale 10 degree V-drive, new prop and shaft bushings, everything except motor done by GT performance Marine in Upland, CA. Motor built by Fast Fred in Havasu City. Still under warranty. BBC 468, 9.5:1 compression, hydraulic roller lifters and huge cam, roller rockers, dual holley 750cfm blueprinted, rebuilt and matched carbs, msd ignition, new interior, rewarder headers, boat is built to run, , pedal cavatation plates with T handle lockout. dual 10 gallon stainless steel tanks, custom motor mounts. Includes full cover. boat is a head turner. Call or respond (909) 225-0013 Scott $7,300 firm. Have motor build sheet and more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sad to get rid of the boat. But invested in a bigger one and this one needs a good home.

·
WERD!
792 Posts
Good Looking Boat! I was strongly considering this one but decided to move forward with mine. Good Luck with the sale Scott :)devil

·
1976 Sanger Super Jet 533
48 Posts
Gorgeous boat. I am def. in the market for a new one. Ive only owned a jet. Everyone tells me that a v-drive is a whole different story. I understand the obvious differences but is there anything different about driving styles? Thank you

·
Registered
338 Posts
Gorgeous boat. I am def. in the market for a new one. Ive only owned a jet. Everyone tells me that a v-drive is a whole different story. I understand the obvious differences but is there anything different about driving styles? Thank you
Know where the down pedal is.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fun

Besides obvious speed and fun factor. There is no reverse, no neutral on the fly, need to know what your doing when around docks and 5mph zones. Oars come in handy and are used everytime I take my boat out. Need to be more careful, the boat is so light it hardly gets out of a plane. Way too much fun to drive, you will get a ton more looks, and still beat almost any jet boat with blowers. still some awesome jet boats out there, but they cant jump out of the water.

·
48 Posts
is a v-drive always "in gear"??? i mean, when i drop her in the water and start the engine am immeaditaly moving forward? or is there a neutral

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there is neutral

is a v-drive always "in gear"??? i mean, when i drop her in the water and start the engine am immeaditaly moving forward? or is there a neutral

There is a neutral, to warm it up and make sure everything is running, oil pressure and temps and such... then you shut it off, put it in gear, and start it back up and it takes off. and to put it back in neutral, you shut it off again, shift it, and start it.

Usually you just shut it off after doing some circles to slow it down, grab the oar and sit on the bow and row in. takes a little longer, but get way more looks. wheelie1.JPG Also there is no way a jet will jump out of the water as seen

·
48 Posts
thank you for the response. that is a really amazing picture

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I do not know what, if any work has been done to the bottom. Doesn't look like it has had any damage. It has been out of the water for 10 years before I picked it up last year. Whip strut? Stuffing Box?

Maybe trade a newer model Harley

·
Registered
785 Posts
evil, how much ?

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
Nice boat. I could of sworn I've seen it in Hot Boat magazine before. I could be wrong (but I'm usually not):D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice boat. I could of sworn I've seen it in Hot Boat magazine before. I could be wrong (but I'm usually not):D

It was in hot boat, I think the '96 bikini issue, same paint, same air intake, same header, boat looks indentical

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still have the boat. Just pulled it out and fired it up friday. She still sounds mean and is ready for the water

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
$8300 for the boat. I'm taking it to puddingstone saturday and Elsinore Sunday, weather pending. If anyone is interested. Won't be in the water as I just had knee surgery and can't work the pedals

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.