Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Johnson stinger 75hp with the 20" shaft. Is it possible to convert it to a 15" shaft? I know it's not the bad a$$ stinger. But I'm hoping it will do for now. It's going on a 12'6" daytona sprint.
Thanks in advance.
ttown

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sweet boat! Do you have more pics? I'm redoing one also, can't wait to get it on the water. What are you going to use to mount the motor?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
. I haven't figured out what I'm going to use yet. I know it's going to be a hydraulic jack plate. I have attached a video. Look forward to watching your build.
ttown
Sweet boat! Do you have more pics? I'm redoing one also, can't wait to get it on the water. What are you going to use to mount the motor?

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
If you can find one. It may be easier to find a complete motor. Or there are a few guys that cut them down. You'll have to have the driveshaft cut down and resplined as well.

I don't think the old 15" Stingers had power trim either. If you have yours, 16" will be as short as you can go and keep the factory trim. Unless you go to a single ram and put the trim pump in the boat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Crazy

Thanks for the reply. Good info. I'm not sure if this motor is worth putting $ into. I might just have something built.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I've got a short mid for a 75HP Johnson Stinger. Don't think I am ever going to do anything with it. They are kind of hard to find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts