Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing a 1986 21' Bahner Mini Day Cruiser. The boat has a Berkley pump with a Ford 460. Total hours on the engine is 496. The floor, carpet and upholstery are all new (replaced within the last year). I haven't yet seen the boat in person. I plan on looking at it some time this week. The seller is asking $5,000 for it. Is this a good deal? I realize a lot depends on how it looks and better, how it drives (I will insist on a test drive). Here are a few pics.

Thoughts????

Also, any idea what this boat weighs?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I am looking at purchasing a 1986 21' Bahner Mini Day Cruiser. The boat has a Berkley pump with a Ford 460. Total hours on the engine is 496. The floor, carpet and upholstery are all new (replaced within the last year). I haven't yet seen the boat in person. I plan on looking at it some time this week. The seller is asking $5,000 for it. Is this a good deal? I realize a lot depends on how it looks and better, how it drives (I will insist on a test drive). Here are a few pics.

Thoughts????

Also, any idea what this boat weighs?
These are very Nice cruisers, assuming all is as advertized probably a smokin deal

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
That's a good looking boat. If it's in as nice a shape as it looks in the pics, I would be all over it for a cruiser.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies. I will take a look at let you know.

How do these cruisers do as family ski boats? I have skied behind a jet for years now and am able to pull the back end a bit. I am looking for a good family boat.

Hotfish, is it worth reinforcing the deck?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think it is. His may just be a light build. looks like it has a dog house with seats around it so there will be pretty good room in the one your looking at.

·
Registered
836 Posts
im biased but its the best boat on the lake!

$5k isnt a bad price as long as EVERYTHING checks out. check the stringers, especially in the front. bahner has a tendency to stop wrapping the stringers in glass about 1' away from the tips of the front stringers and they rot under the floor. ive talked with 3 bahner owners and they suffer the same problem as mine did. make sure the floor is solid. the deck is a little flimsy but a bulkhead will solve that. its a big deck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I will definitely check and inquire regarding the stringers.

Good info on the deck. How fast does yours run? Any idea how this particular one would perform?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts