Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Helping out my father in law with this.....

All original...paint(white),and body work and all stright.

New soft top.
new drive shafts
new diff fluids
new water pump
has new fuel pump ready to install
new 3500 pound winch (was 800.00 installed)

F.I.L runs the northern Cal LKQ auto locations...picked it up, and was planning on fixing it all up, as you can see he started. plans changed. He killed the orig title, since the back fee's would be more than the vehicles worth. has a Salvaged title (CA)BUT HAS NEVER BEEN HIT.

says it runs great. Doesnt have any pics yet....but I have seen it and its stright, and paint is OK. The seats need to be redone.

Whats it worth?

its in Mt Shasta, can be brought back to Redding if someone gets serious about it.

LESS EXPENSIVE THAN JUST THE SYSPENSION KIT FOR A RHINO OR TERYX... LOL bUDGET FUN!

·
Twin squirt guns.
1,778 Posts
Photos?

Look for rust under the fender flares. They get eaten alive there. If it is straight and virtually rust free it could be worth 2-3k. A completely fixed up one is good for 5-6k. And they are relatively cheap to fix and make killer. (compared to a SxS).

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Photos?

Look for rust under the fender flares. They get eaten alive there. If it is straight and virtually rust free it could be worth 2-3k. A completely fixed up one is good for 5-6k. And they are relatively cheap to fix and make killer. (compared to a SxS).[/quote]

YA think..... seeing that just the new cage and wheels/tires for Rex cost WAY more then this Sammy. Makes me want to barf :mad:

I haven't crawed under the car. I will try to have F-I-L snap some pics next time he is up at the cabin (Mt Shasta)

Havent seen any rust from the outer body. He has just put a ton of new stuff on it. Seats are ripped. Some killer Twisted OR?? would be sweet. only 250.00 per side. He really doesnt care what it sells for.... somewhere around 2500.00-3000 he would stoked! Flippin winch he just put on it was 7 or 8 hun... he's a physo. Sweet sleds in the garage though.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock suspension or SPOA?

My dad wants one!
WHATS SPOA?

thing thing is BONE stock. My FIL searched high and low for a clean stocker. Its a nice sammy.... he has just replaces a TON of stuff. It was missing drive shafts...now new, new top, new fuel pump still in the box, new winch, wanta say ( dont hold me too it) new raditor.... FIL says, seats blow other then that its nice. He's just not going to use it like he orig that on fire roads up at Shasta. its white BTW. WISH I had some pics of it for you.

Like I also stated.... this was sitting for many years. FIL killed the orig title because of the back fee's were crazy at the DMV. it has a fresh SALVAGED title, has hasn't beed in a acident.

·
@ The Islander
4,182 Posts
If I had the room, I'd be all over this thing. I'm way over the Rhino thing.

Does it have AC?

·
Deck Boat Cheer******
553 Posts
If any wants to buy a Rhino Killer this would be the way to do it! These old cars got hammered by the Libs when they came to the US. They are NOT meant to cruise the interstates but unlike a Rhino......will if you want to. I drive mine to Needles and Kingman from Havi! If it is a JX with working A/C it can bring a lot of $$$. I keep my eyes open for "steal it deals" all the time. they walk all over the $15-$40,000.00 new side by sides and come with a heater and roll up windows! Best of luck with the sale!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fresh Pictures

TAKEN THIS WEEKEND...

ITS A PRETTY CLEAN little Sammy...... CHEAP FUN!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll give you $1500.00

You can keep the winch.

NO AND NO...but thanks for playing :)sphss :D

his bottom line is 2500.00..... he JUST put over 2000.00 in it.

and its not me, you know I buy high, put dumb $$ into it.....then sell to Chip low :)sphss

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
If any wants to buy a Rhino Killer this would be the way to do it! These old cars got hammered by the Libs when they came to the US. They are NOT meant to cruise the interstates but unlike a Rhino......will if you want to. I drive mine to Needles and Kingman from Havi! If it is a JX with working A/C it can bring a lot of $$$. I keep my eyes open for "steal it deals" all the time. they walk all over the $15-$40,000.00 new side by sides and come with a heater and roll up windows! Best of luck with the sale!
No offense but these things are about as GAY as it comes. What do they have a whopin 4" of wheel travel? That is really gonna "kill" a Rhino. :rolleyes::p:D

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Toby....stopped by LTI last Thursday and your car is sitting there without a cage or suspension. Brian wasn't around but one of the guys in the back said they were hoping to have it put together this week. :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts