Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello just wondering if anyone has ever owned one of these and or had one set up for high speed. also looking for input on how it handled. also wondering what gears and prop was used. just changed to blower motor. 87 hallet sport skier

Attachments

· Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks. i've seen some pics of your boat on here and even spoke with a few people about it. (very nice) would look more like yours if i didnt have 2 little kids and a wife but anyway. how far forward is your motor and v-drive. and have you ever had it set up as a family cruiser. and if so how did it handle then?

· Registered
1,302 Posts
I've had 2 in the past that I converted from race boats to family style when my kids were young, but still ran blowers. I believe 22" from the transom to the rear motor plate was were I placed the motor. Gave enough room for a back seat and still handler good. They work good as duel purpose family hot rod.

My current 19' the motor is at 32" and is run off the snout. 2 seat race set up. Still working on handling the power. Put in a prop release, trued the bottom, shortened and shaped the fins & pick ups. Should be ready to run again soon for some prop testing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.