Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I personally know Newbomb
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever heard of a Galaxy jetboat? Know of one for sale and looks nice. It has a 454 in it.18.6 ft. Good-Bad? LakeRaider

·
I personally know Newbomb
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not a Tahiti. Its a Galaxy. We think it looks like a Tahiti. Anyway, its really clean. It came from California. No handling issues what so ever. Not a screamer, just a cool boat for hangin at the sandbar. I don,t think the boat was ever beached. Theres not a mark on the bottom anywere. This boat is 100% original which is rare around here. Raider

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Nice boat; I prefer right hand drive for two reasons; 1) When switching from a car to a JET boat, I like that it's different from a car, so helps keep the "Throttle to turn" idea in your head, and 2) I like a hand throttle for waterskiing, and prefer to have the handle on the right side, like a shifter in a car.

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
I bought a new Galaxie for a ski boat in 85 or so. Looked the same as yours except ours was a OMC IO with a V-6. Owned it 10 years, used it more than any boat I've ever owned. A couple years we used it every weekend from April through October. At the time we bought it, I was told at the time Galaxie had bought the Southwind v-bottom jet mold to build these boats. Not a high end boat but great boats for what they cost. Sold mine after 10 years for only a few grand less than what I paid new....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts