Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1989 Hallett 240S closed bow its the only one with this gel coat color (cool story about the boat I could share later)
30k obo
**i will trade for the right open bow or deck boat mid 2000's and up 23ft + with a 5.7 or better motor package (chaparral,cobalt,ebbtide..ect must have a full windshield not the bass boat bug catcher.

boat runs rock solid merc 502(motor info below) with bravo 1 drive with updated interior and gauges, new snap in carpet and the teak floors are solid with a recent teak sealer done. s.s imco 75 gallon belly gas tank, Offshore controllers with trim on handle new throttle & shift cables, dual batteries with new cables, cd player with usb/aux 4 6x9’s and 4 6.5’s w/alpine v12 amp, full interior was redone 7yrs ago by Arko cockpit/cuddy are a 9-10 with a couple small nics/scuffs on the back seat no tears or stains and plenty of storage thru out the boat have matching throw rugs and towels. Exterior 8.5-10 is very clean for its age most can’t believe it’s the og 89 gel coat has a few small scratches here and there but nothing that can be wet sanded out to clean up or touched up also has matching bimini top Boat is used only in fresh water local lakes and upper and inner California delta. Always Stored at my house with cockpit cover and custom full boat cover inside a carport, There is zero things wrong with the boat and we use it often so the hrs will go up as time goes along, comes with all the required CG safety equipment, matching ropes, buoys and anchor.

30k obo 7077583203 call or text or shoot me a pm... this is not a fire sale or have to sale it, no bs or window shoppers have pinks slips to both.

MOTOR-mild built gen 6 merc n/a 502(started as a blue motor) built to last 10.5-1 compression 38 hrs on fresh build, right around 500hp and runs on 91 octane, factory merc forged steel lower end parts, custom TCM efi 525 cam, comp cam enduro-x lifters, cometic gasket heads have been worked to match up with the build, new seats and valves including harden/coated size over exhaust valves, bigger rocker arm studs, 1.7 blue scorpion rockers, hp oil pump edelbrock air gap intake w/holly hp850 carb, ss water bypass, arp hardware and good gaskets used thru out motor, emi thunder exhaust/headers, new engine coupling, full msd ignition dist/box, high torque mini starter, areomotive fuel pump with anodized fittings/ steel braided fuel lines. All Motor and drive work was performed by high powered marine out of discovery bay,ca have all receipts.

DRIVE- BRAVO 1 1.5 RATIO with a newer swept back style upper and a standard bravo lower, TCM drive shower with a total of around 200hrs. Maybe 4 hrs on fresh fluid and service, comes with 3 props all merc bravo’s 4 blade 26p, 4 blades 24p, and a 3 blade 21, boat has ss trim tabs which are rarely needed.

TRAILER- 2008 extreme custom trailer built for this 240 black powder coat, 1 year old custom rims with matching spare, D rated 8 ply radial tires, full LED lighting, surge brakes with electric reverse lock out, tandem torsion axles with dual disc brakes, new bearing buddies( ditched the oil bath hubs), stainless steel fenders carpet and bunks are in good shape won’t need to redo them for a another year or two.
20141002_101734 (1).jpg
Dodwell 240 001.jpg
20160407_103404.jpg

Dodwell 240 005 (1).jpg
Resized_20170109_210257.jpg
hallett6.jpg

·
rollin on the river
1,932 Posts
This is one bad ass 240. Who ever buys this boat will be very happy. Good luck Dog on your new adventures.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is one bad ass 240. Who ever buys this boat will be very happy. Good luck Dog on your new adventures.
Dave thanks for the kind word you know it's hurts to put it up but reality is what it is...and you know we be some.boating fools of a family

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to post up a video and some more pictures but they are to big site won't let me

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry for the shit video but its just for sound anyways, cold start up idling

·
Registered
444 Posts
1989 Hallett 240S closed bow its the only one with this gel coat color (cool story about the boat I could share later)
30k obo. Boat runs rock solid merc 502 with bravo 1 drive with updated interior and gauges, new snap in carpet and the teak floors are solid with a recent teak sealer done. s.s imco 75 gallon belly gas tank, Offshore controllers with trim on handle new throttle & shift cables, dual batteries with new cables, cd player with usb/aux 4 6x9’s and 4 6.5’s w/alpine v12 amp, full interior was redone 7yrs ago by Arko cockpit/cuddy are a 9-10 with a couple small nics/scuffs on the back seat no tears or stains and plenty of storage thru out the boat have matching throw rugs and towels. Exterior 8.5-10 is very clean for its age most can’t believe it’s the og 89 gel coat has a few small scratches here and there also has matching bimini top. Boat is used only in fresh water local lakes and upper and inner California delta. Always Stored at my house with cockpit cover and custom full boat cover inside a carport, There is zero things wrong with the boat and we use it often so the hrs will go up as time goes along, comes with all the required CG safety equipment, matching ropes, buoys and anchor. 30k obo 7077583203 call or text or shoot me a pm... this is not a fire sale or have to sale it, no bs or window shoppers have pinks slips to both.

MOTOR-mild built gen 6 merc n/a 502(started as a blue motor) built to last 10.5-1 compression 38 hrs on fresh build, right around 500hp and runs on 91 octane, factory merc forged steel lower end parts, custom TCM efi 525 cam, comp cam enduro-x lifters, cometic gasket heads have been worked to match up with the build, new seats and valves including harden/coated size over exhaust valves, bigger rocker arm studs, 1.7 blue scorpion rockers, hp oil pump edelbrock air gap intake w/holly hp850 carb, ss water bypass, arp hardware and good gaskets used thru out motor, emi thunder exhaust/headers, new engine coupling, full msd ignition dist/box, high torque mini starter, areomotive fuel pump with anodized fittings/ steel braided fuel lines. All Motor and drive work was performed by high powered marine out of discovery bay,ca have all receipts.

DRIVE- BRAVO 1 1.5 RATIO with a newer swept back style upper and a standard bravo lower, TCM drive shower with a total of around 200hrs. Maybe 4 hrs on fresh fluid and service, comes with 3 props all merc bravo’s 4 blade 26p, 4 blades 24p, and a 3 blade 21, boat has ss trim tabs which are rarely needed.

TRAILER- 2008 extreme custom trailer built for this 240 black powder coat, 1 year old custom rims with matching spare, D rated 8 ply radial tires, full LED lighting, surge brakes with electric reverse lock out, tandem torsion axles with dual disc brakes, new bearing buddies( ditched the oil bath hubs), stainless steel fenders carpet and bunks are in good shape won’t need to redo them for a another year or two.

View attachment 991625
$30,000 seems like a very fair price for this 240. GLWS!

Closed bow versions are hard to find.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$30,000 seems like a very fair price for this 240. GLWS!

Closed bow versions are hard to find.
thanks greg:))THumbsUp just spent all day on the delta yesterday and going back out again tuesday damn boats making it hard for me to let it go she runs and rides so nice

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TTT for the grandpa cruiser

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
any santas need a red sleigh?? have not seen much on the web for next boats that sparks a fire sale so after the first of the year ill get started on my list of want to do's to the boat before next season as they fall off the list that flexibility in "money talks BS walks" starts to tighten up and it will be hitting craigslist of other sites soon too.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
This is a very nice, well cared for boat. Dog, I understand you wanting to be more kid friendly but this Hallett is one badass ride.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What they all said ........ Very Nice boat in Excellent condition. $$ are right also. :))THumbsUp
right on fellas trust me i was out wiping down the interior thinking why am i selling this... she aint bad for a almost 30yr old boat it holds up well around you high $$ guys:happy: only gonna leave it up for sale for another few weeks then it's coming down and getting some goodies done.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
last bump...money talks bs walks

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Boat is now off the market unless you got real money and your wife says it's ok and so does your bank account ...

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks you to the board members who passed the word on my boat got a couple calls but the mofo is still in its parking spot...money talks BS walks

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FYI: boat will be back up for sale after aug 5th it will also be posted on ebay,craigslist and other sites

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ill have the boat on the delta this saturday for dog and andy's v-drive dealio if anyone wants to check it out in person

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SOLD.com it was like sending a kid off to college very hard to drive away from her not knowing what the future holds hope the new owner loves it the way we did... but off to our next boating adventure

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Hallet sale

SOLD.com it was like sending a kid off to college very hard to drive away from her not knowing what the future holds hope the new owner loves it the way we did... but off to our next boating adventure
Congrats on the sale Big Dog,Hope you find something and get back on the water soon. Understand why you hated to see her go, That Hallet is one sweet ride new owner should be one happy camper:))THumbsUp

·
rollin on the river
1,932 Posts
Good for you! Now I'm the minority up here in the group. Maybe I should sell mine?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts